Rivals Tourny

MVM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waterdog:

OR tied BGA today, not Houston. Score was 1-1.

OR beat Houston yesterday, 2-1.

OK, thanks, I was trying to switch from e-mail to Eurospit, to posts on Coacht. Multi-tasking for me is using soap in a shower. Thank the Lord that's only once a week.

MVM-now that's funny, I don't care who I am. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

OK, thanks, I was trying to switch from e-mail to Eurospit, to posts on Coacht. Multi-tasking for me is using soap in a shower. Thank the Lord that's only once a week.

MVM-now that's funny, I don't care who I am. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Houston took Jackson Prep today 3-0

Say Goodnight Chuck.

Baylor 0 Ravenwood 0

I heard that Ravenwood played 10 players back.

Bearden 3 Holy Name (OH) 2

Ravenwood was playing fairly defensive anyway after a sluggish game against ND but this loaded up defense was when the ball was in front of our goal. Any one not expect their mid's to come back and help in that situation. Pretty good game by both teams.

Ravenwood was playing fairly defensive anyway after a sluggish game against ND but this loaded up defense was when the ball was in front of our goal. Any one not expect their mid's to come back and help in that situation. Pretty good game by both teams.

FYI.....In the State quarters 4 years ago Baylor did exactly a full team defensive press and was victorious. Was it pretty, was it great soccer, NO, BUT it worked and we road a sad bus home. I watched BGA score a goal to put them ahead of Jackson Prep and immediately go into lock down. Does #12 play D, I don't think so, but she was the driving force to get the ball away from any scoring opp. Now that might be protecting a lead, but the scoring options were tossed to get the W. Baylor managed to score on a corner kick when playing a total prevent defense and take the more offensive team out of a chance to advance four years ago and I think they played smart. Talent is great, but knowing how to play the game at hand is brilliant. Ravenwood could loose the game or tie. Good soccer or great coaching?????????????

You make the call, Ravenwood did not lose and Baylor did not win. Soccer IMHO is strategy and about NOT scoring. It is a defensive game. What sport says. WOW!. They were 0-0 after 90 minutes. Why should Ravenwood not go home victorious with a tie? IMHO, it was a moral victory.