Rivals Tourny

MVM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the game like? Anybody see it?

Would like to have Canes perspective.

I saw half of Bearden/Collierville and all of Baylor. Baylor was much the better team against Collierville. From a scoring perspective, I know that is stating the obvious, but for 80 minutes of play, Bearden worked had to keep up and Collierville was smooth and direct and showed the most strength through out the half I saw.

Baylor and CHS play similar styles IMO. Baylor, with a 4 player D made it difficult for CHS to play their run and gun as they did against Bearden. Baylor did not let the aggressive attack play break them down. They stood solid. Collierville had one free kick on the 18 line and flew it over the net. While they, CHS, charged hard the entire game, it would not click. A lot of setup shots were well sent, but the finisher was not there.

This might be the year of the Dragons in AAA with Bearden looking down at this point in time and Baylor will be hard to handle. BGA does not have the depth, GPS, don't really know, ECS, will know more Monday night, St. Agnes, will know more Monday night. Brentwood Adademy, some one help me, they look good on paper. I won't leave out Briarcrest for SocMom, but they won't hold up at the end. Sorry.

Baylor and Collierville were the game so far in River City, but I can't find Germantown or Houston or Germantown Houston to watch their games. Sure they had some good ones as well.

I saw half of Bearden/Collierville and all of Baylor. Baylor was much the better team against Collierville. From a scoring perspective, I know that is stating the obvious, but for 80 minutes of play, Bearden worked had to keep up and Collierville was smooth and direct and showed the most strength through out the half I saw.

Baylor and CHS play similar styles IMO. Baylor, with a 4 player D made it difficult for CHS to play their run and gun as they did against Bearden. Baylor did not let the aggressive attack play break them down. They stood solid. Collierville had one free kick on the 18 line and flew it over the net. While they, CHS, charged hard the entire game, it would not click. A lot of setup shots were well sent, but the finisher was not there.

This might be the year of the Dragons in AAA with Bearden looking down at this point in time and Baylor will be hard to handle. BGA does not have the depth, GPS, don't really know, ECS, will know more Monday night, St. Agnes, will know more Monday night. Brentwood Adademy, some one help me, they look good on paper. I won't leave out Briarcrest for SocMom, but they won't hold up at the end. Sorry.

Baylor and Collierville were the game so far in River City, but I can't find Germantown or Houston or Germantown Houston to watch their games. Sure they had some good ones as well.

To state the obvious, Baylor converted on a Defensive miss, and Collierville did not convert on theirs. That's as objective as one could get having a dog in the fight (sorry...couldn't resist).

H20Dog, let me help you. The road in FRONT of Collierville High is Byhalia Road. So, go up the hill from the soccer field and turn left onto Byhalia Road. Follow it until you come to a stop sign. Turn left. That is Wolf River Blvd. Follow this road for about 5-6 miles. On the left hand side, you will pass Houston High school. About a half a mile after that on the right will be Houston Middle School. The soccer field is behind the school. Essentially you will have one turn to make from Collierville High and you will be at Houston.

To state the obvious, Baylor converted on a Defensive miss, and Collierville did not convert on theirs. That's as objective as one could get having a dog in the fight (sorry...couldn't resist).

H20Dog, let me help you. The road in FRONT of Collierville High is Byhalia Road. So, go up the hill from the soccer field and turn left onto Byhalia Road. Follow it until you come to a stop sign. Turn left. That is Wolf River Blvd. Follow this road for about 5-6 miles. On the left hand side, you will pass Houston High school. About a half a mile after that on the right will be Houston Middle School. The soccer field is behind the school. Essentially you will have one turn to make from Collierville High and you will be at Houston.

Sorry........ thought I put on the Dragon's cap today. "year of the dragons" May need to give you some healing space.

Guess you don't want to talk about Florida either.

As much as you indulge my humor, thought you would laugh at the Germantown Houston thing. Several folks showed up today to see games at the other field and one of my most frequent questions for "out of towners" is, "Is their a Germantown Team or a Houston Team or a Germantown Houston Team?". My answer is yes!

Thanks for the directions, but as you know, I have been there many times.

good luck in Chattanooga, maybe we can talk then.

Thanks so much for putting us in the mix....a really impressive list for D2 to be a part of We may end up being able to surprise some folks (I hope so)! We definitely want to have the opportunity to take on some of the "big dogs" in the state tournament. Our worst trouble right now is injury related.....two who have been out since Katie Hunter....one out for the season with an ACL (non starter) while the other should be back this week (a senior starting defender). And, to top it off, we now have a 2nd ACL injury to deal with. Good news is that we do have some depth to make the injuries not affect us as much. We have three starting seniors this year (one that has been injured since KHT).....but the depth should also continue to give us a fighting chance next year, too.

Sorry........ thought I put on the Dragon's cap today. "year of the dragons" May need to give you some healing space.

Guess you don't want to talk about Florida either.

As much as you indulge my humor, thought you would laugh at the Germantown Houston thing. Several folks showed up today to see games at the other field and one of my most frequent questions for "out of towners" is, "Is their a Germantown Team or a Houston Team or a Germantown Houston Team?". My answer is yes!

Thanks for the directions, but as you know, I have been there many times.

good luck in Chattanooga, maybe we can talk then.

...I think the reason they keep the 'Germantown' in 'Germantown Houston' so that when the boundaries shift every six months and the students have to change schools, they can still keep their school t-shirts.

RE - Gators and the Canes....it was a great game for both teams until the refs got involved. Although the Offense didn't get much done, the defense captured ESPN's attention. Then again, with only 5 fingers, what would we do with a 6th ring?