Coffee Co. Fans?

mynameis

Posted by redraider68:
Posted by warrior2024:

see my long response under scrimmage results. The stats were wrong from the sports newspaper guy. Maybe his degree came from a cracker jack box. The stats limited Sequatchie to 31 yards rushing. I know for a fact 5 or 6 first downs came from rushing the football. The math doesn't add up. The Indians took it to the Red Raiders. Plain and simple.

Since everyone has had a problem with my stats, maybe you should try and get a copy of the game film like I did and you will see that my stats are Very accurate. :)

[Edited by redraider68 on 8-11-02 11:26A]

[Edited by redraider68 on 8-11-02 11:26A]

I agree with Warrior2024, Your stats doesn't add up you have your QB with 87 yrds. Rushing how is that possible when most every run he had was brought back on Holding Penalties which there was 2 on one play and I saw more that was not called and the late hit that was not called after our RB was nearlly knocked through the training table. i also saw one of your players using his head to spear thats illegal and you can really be hurt as Sequatchie had a player get hurt doing that 8-9 years ago!:)

I didn't think I would say it but I think you are mad :) because a little AA school took it to the Big AAAAA School and Won! :D

I try to be respectful with the other teams fans but when they refuse to except the way the game went its hard to do!

Good luck the rest of the Season!

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-11-02 1:31P]

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see how 4 possessions from your own 30 could result in 220 yards of offense when one of them gained no yardage (interception) and the other got only around 30 (fumble near midfield). And like I said Seq had one more chance to score to make the game 7 TD's to 3 instead of 6-3 but I guess coaches didn't want a score on the last play of the scrimmage (4th and goal at the 3), Coffee's players were already a little riled up. The 20 yard and in should have/could have been a runaway, Seq scored twice in three 6 play possessions, fumbled the ball away virtually untouched at the goalline on two other players down there. Coffee's only TD in 20-yard play was a really obvious pushoff for a TD pass, even one of your coaches was grinning that you got away with that. One more thing, Seq had few penalties and Coffee had lots of holding, could have at least 2 late hits but that's not new. I think 2 games last year they had either 0 or 5 yards of penalties with one of those on the road so it wasn't just "home town refs." Discipline helps win football games, not just trash talking, intimidation tactics and whooping and hollering.

Posted by redraider68:

The way the scrimmage was set up S.C definatly won. Here are some stats from the scrimmage.

Red Zone Portion:

S.C. C.C.

Total yards 58 108

Sacks 1 1

Int 0 0

Fumble Lost 4 1

The defenses were not reward for stopping the other team and getting turnovers they just had to go back out there.

20 Minute Running Clock Down and Distance

S.C. C.C.

Score 12 7

Total yards 143 220

Sacks 0 1

Int 3 0

Punts 2 0

Fumble Lost 0 1

I was sitting in the stands and found the format of this scrimmage very hard to follow. Not to take anything away from the S.C. defense but one of the interceptions was on a play where the official told C.C. without any warning the the next play was the last. The throw was a desperation pass, just trying to move the ball down field, not what they would have called on a normal 1st and 10. S.C. got 112 yards on two plays, other than that they were shut down. Without C.C. shooting theirselves in the foot with penelties, called by first time refs, bad snaps, and drops, of which their WRs had 10, I don't think S.C. would have stopped C.C. It was a good srimmage and congrats to S.C. on a good job.

Notes: The S.C. ficilities were very nice except for the C.C. players having to dress in the women's public restrooms. The food afterwards was good, and it was nice to see someone other than us feeds the visitors after a scrimmage. Thanks S.C. for the hospitality. The stats were for 1s only, and may not be exact, I got them from the newspaper's sports guy.

C.C. stats of interest:

RB #1 T. Green 7 carries for 56 yards, 4 receptions for 101 yards

QB #6 A. Clark 5 carries for 87 yards 1 TD

I don't need a film because I was on the field coaching my kids. What you need to do is take some remedial math and learn how to add. Enough said about the stats, good luck to the red raiders but they may only win 1 game.

In case you guys haven't noticed the first thing I said was that S.C. won. You guys played well no doubt about it. I was just making a point about some stats that had coffee not shot themselves in the foot they would have dominated. The fact is they did get penalties, drop balls and commit turnovers. I am just telling you it was not as lop sided as you would like to think. Best of luck this season.

Dude-part of the reason they had some long gains is because holding broke the plays open, without holding, which was called, they probably would have went for short gains. Some other of their holding could have been called and wasn't and once again there was the no-call in the corner of the end zone on the touchdown pass. Don't act like the refs were out to get the team that had to travel a couple of hours. Both teams had turnovers, but Seq took advantage of their takeaways (which hurt their total yardage total, each team had the equal number of possessions no matter the starting point)

Who cares fellas!!! Its a freakin scrimmage. (without special teams) It looks as if Sequatchie fans are living on the pre season when all that matters is the regular and post season. They edged a CC squad that has won 5 games in 4 years, no big deal. Also, CC and SC arguing over stats is kind of pathetic too. Games like these are for coaches to evaluate their systems and players. Wins would be nice, but I think I'd rather win in the fall than in the middle of August.

You're right, and I said in one post that stats in a real game don't mean a whole lot so they sure don't in a scrimmage. I think what some folks didn't like is one person's (just 1, not everyone from Coffee) view that Coffee just gave it away and would have "dominated" if not for their own mistakes. Stats are irrelevant lots of the time but the guy is the one that brought them up in the first place. I also think it's not surprising a 25 player 2A squad with 4 seniors would get excited about beating a larger division team with 2-3 times more players, lots more athletic ability and lots more size (especially after taking some questionable hits) even if Coffee hasn't been too great lately. Seq won 3 in 1999, 6 in 2000 and 4 last year so they haven't been lighting it up either. You can be sure the coaches will keep their egos in check though

I agree with that. We saw what we needed to see in the scrimage. We won but who cares. We ran all of our plays not just the ones that were working. If we were playing for points or to beat the point spread we would have and could have pilled it on stat wise, but its a scrimage. I think people are making to big of a deal of it to. I'd rether win in the fall.

Posted by fuzby:

Who cares fellas!!! Its a freakin scrimmage. (without special teams) It looks as if Sequatchie fans are living on the pre season when all that matters is the regular and post season. They edged a CC squad that has won 5 games in 4 years, no big deal. Also, CC and SC arguing over stats is kind of pathetic too. Games like these are for coaches to evaluate their systems and players. Wins would be nice, but I think I'd rather win in the fall than in the middle of August.