Coffee Co. Fans?

mynameis

Posted by Sequatchie:

How many fans are coming to the Valley for the Scrimmage in Dunlap 5pm CST on Friday? I also have a few Questions.

What kind of offense do you run?

Who/What # should I keep an eye on?

Also when you get back I would like to have your opinion on the Facilities we have for a AA School compared to AAAAA schools?

:)Also don't forget that the Sequatchie QB Club will be having a BBQ Supper for $5.00 starting at 6pm CST during/after the Scrimmage in the HS Commons area Coffee Co. Fans Welcomed! :)

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-5-02 8:53P]

The Red Riaders run a split back veer and spread shot gun formation. Watch for RB #1, QB #6, DT #2, and LB #9. Also expect a fairly good sized crowd for a scrimmage on the road I would say somewhere around 50 people or so.

[Edited by redraider68 on 8-5-02 9:34P]

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by redraider68:
Posted by Sequatchie:

How many fans are coming to the Valley for the Scrimmage in Dunlap 5pm CST on Friday? I also have a few Questions.

Also when you get back I would like to have your opinion on the Facilities we have for a AA School compared to AAAAA schools?

:)Also don't forget that the Sequatchie QB Club will be having a BBQ Supper for $5.00 starting at 6pm CST during/after the Scrimmage in the HS Commons area Coffee Co. Fans Welcomed! :)

The Red Riaders run a split back veer and spread shot gun formation. Watch for RB #1, QB #6, DT #2, and LB #9.

Thanks,

For the Indians keep an eye on QB-DB #2 Jordon Cain (Brother of UTC LB Josh Cain) , RB-DB #42 Justin Price, WR-DB #12 Jesse Price, RB-LB #21 Tater Higdon, RB-DB & Kicker #20 John Mackersie

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-6-02 1:53A]

I am familiar with the facilities in Coffee County. I know most of the attention there goes to the girls athletics (basketball & softball) but I can understand why. Sequatchie County has a practice field much like Coffee County (bermuda grass) but Sequatchie has two goal posts on their practice field instead of just one like CC and a nicer home stadium than Coffee County...and yes I know Coffee County has a pretty nice home field (fairly new).

Sequatchie has nice facilities for a 2a school but Sequatchie also has a nice tradition too. The football program in CC always seems to be an afterthought for the administrators in Manchester, but I wish them the best and I hope ya'll get things turned around over there. Clark and Green should have a big part in that. Good Luck.

Posted by Sequatchie:
Posted by redraider68:
Posted by Sequatchie:

:xAlso don't forget that the Sequatchie QB Club will be having a BBQ Supper for $5.00 starting at 6pm CST during/after the Scrimmage in the HS Commons area Coffee Co. Fans Welcomed! :(

The Red Riaders run a split back veer and spread shot gun formation. Watch for RB #1, QB #6, DT #2, and LB #9. Also expect a fairly good sized crowd for a scrimmage on the road I would say somewhere around 50 people or so.

One other thing how many players do the Red Raiders have?

There should be somewhere around fifty also, they are having a problem with busses and the start of the school year, so the older guys will be there about an hour or so before the younger guys. Also watch for DE, WR, & K #33

Posted by Sequatchie:
Posted by Sequatchie:
Posted by redraider68:
Posted by Sequatchie:

By the way which way are you coming to Dunlap, through McMinnville? The Stadium is at the school I don't remember how long its been since Seq. played Coffee if any. If you need directions I will try to help!:D

Have a safe trip down/over. :)

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-9-02 12:19A]

We were planning on going on I 24 but because of the construction we may be taking the route through McMinville I am not sure. I think we will be ok, and I look forward to a great scrimmage.

The best way to come is down I-24 but I heard they were repaving the road and it will be one lane for about 7 miles.

On the trip back 24 is definetly the best route. They are through repaving that side and there shouldnt be any hold ups

Posted by redraider68:
Posted by Sequatchie:
Posted by Sequatchie:
Posted by redraider68:
Posted by Sequatchie:

By the way which way are you coming to Dunlap, through McMinnville? The Stadium is at the school I don't remember how long its been since Seq. played Coffee if any. If you need directions I will try to help!:D

Have a safe trip down/over. :)

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-9-02 12:19A]

We were planning on going on I 24 but because of the construction we may be taking the route through McMinville I am not sure. I think we will be ok, and I look forward to a great scrimmage.

The best way to come is down I-24 but I heard they were repaving the road and it will be one lane for about 7 miles.

On the trip back 24 is definetly the best route. They are through repaving that side and there shouldnt be any hold ups

I don't know what the other teams in your Region will be like but with Cumberland Co. & Warren Co. in your region you should make the playoffs! I saw one guy on your team #82 who seemed to be a little dirty at times late hits etc.. but I thought it was a good scrimmage.

How did you folks like your trip to the Valley? Did you like our facilities we try to make things pleasant for visiting teams.

GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR! :D:)

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-10-02 1:21A]

The way the scrimmage was set up S.C definatly won. Here are some stats from the scrimmage.

Red Zone Portion:

S.C. C.C.

Total yards 58 108

Sacks 1 1

Int 0 0

Fumble Lost 4 1

The defenses were not reward for stopping the other team and getting turnovers they just had to go back out there.

20 Minute Running Clock Down and Distance

S.C. C.C.

Score 12 7

Total yards 143 220

Sacks 0 1

Int 3 0

Punts 2 0

Fumble Lost 0 1

I was sitting in the stands and found the format of this scrimmage very hard to follow. Not to take anything away from the S.C. defense but one of the interceptions was on a play where the official told C.C. without any warning the the next play was the last. The throw was a desperation pass, just trying to move the ball down field, not what they would have called on a normal 1st and 10. S.C. got 112 yards on two plays, other than that they were shut down. Without C.C. shooting theirselves in the foot with penelties, called by first time refs, bad snaps, and drops, of which their WRs had 10, I don't think S.C. would have stopped C.C. It was a good srimmage and congrats to S.C. on a good job.

Notes: The S.C. ficilities were very nice except for the C.C. players having to dress in the women's public restrooms. The food afterwards was good, and it was nice to see someone other than us feeds the visitors after a scrimmage. Thanks S.C. for the hospitality. The stats were for 1s only, and may not be exact, I got them from the newspaper's sports guy.

C.C. stats of interest:

RB #1 T. Green 7 carries for 56 yards, 4 receptions for 101 yards

QB #6 A. Clark 5 carries for 87 yards 1 TD

see my long response under scrimmage results. The stats were wrong from the sports newspaper guy. Maybe his degree came from a cracker jack box. The stats limited Sequatchie to 31 yards rushing. I know for a fact 5 or 6 first downs came from rushing the football. The math doesn't add up. The Indians took it to the Red Raiders. Plain and simple.

Posted by warrior2024:

see my long response under scrimmage results. The stats were wrong from the sports newspaper guy. Maybe his degree came from a cracker jack box. The stats limited Sequatchie to 31 yards rushing. I know for a fact 5 or 6 first downs came from rushing the football. The math doesn't add up. The Indians took it to the Red Raiders. Plain and simple.

Since everyone has had a problem with my stats, maybe you should try and get a copy of the game film like I did and you will see that my stats are Very accurate. Also you said they got five or six first downs from rushing? Well in the varsity portion S.C. only got two first downs. In the JV portion the Indians did run the ball very effectively and probably had something like five first downs from rushing. :D

[Edited by redraider68 on 8-11-02 11:26A]

[Edited by redraider68 on 8-11-02 11:26A]

[Edited by redraider68 on 8-11-02 11:29A]