Millington?

Scotty92592

Actually we fumbled 9 times and Craigmont recovered 6 of them.

What do you think about this team? How do you have that many TO's in one game,was it lack of focus or just one of those nights. Obviously craigmont was the best team Millingon has played so far but were they that good or that bad since they were not able to pull out a win after a performance that bad by Millington. Is Millington that good that they can pull out a win with that poor of a performance or was Craigmont really not good at all? So many questions but no one will know until better competition comes along. Week 5 Collierville!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the turnovers were forced and others were just being careless. But as they say, you play how you practice and I don't know if they were focused or not. Craigmont was much better than Arlington and Munford but they can't seem to put it all together on a yearly basis. One year they have offense and no defense. The next it is just the opposite. If they had a program set up like Millington's Metro program to feed into the high school program, I would be my paycheck that this could be a dominate program. They always have size and athletes but usually end up beating themselves one way or the other.

Some of the turnovers were forced and others were just being careless. But as they say, you play how you practice and I don't know if they were focused or not. Craigmont was much better than Arlington and Munford but they can't seem to put it all together on a yearly basis. One year they have offense and no defense. The next it is just the opposite. If they had a program set up like Millington's Metro program to feed into the high school program, I would be my paycheck that this could be a dominate program. They always have size and athletes but usually end up beating themselves one way or the other.

Do you like Craigmont to make the playoffs or will they fall to the regulars names as the season goes on?

Do you like Craigmont to make the playoffs or will they fall to the regulars names as the season goes on?

That's a good question. I am not completely sold on Craigmont making the playoffs. How good could they be to lose to a team that turns the ball over as many times as the Trojans did this past Friday. Not only that, But a good majority of the turnovers were on the Trojans side of the field. A couple leaving only 20 or so yards for the offense to score. Craigmont does have alot of size and speed. Weither that translates into W's is yet to be seen. Craigmont is going to have to work to become a tougher football team both physically and mentally. On one series that stands out to me, They could not get in the ball in the endzone from the one foot line on 2 consecutive plays. Simply put, If you are going to be a playoff type team you have to score from the one foot line.

Remember Millington was able to stack up GREAT rushing numbers on Craigmont and probably would have pounded the Chiefs had they not turned the ball over so many times. Both Garner and Holmes were well over 100 yards and both averaged over 7 yards per touch on the night.

When I reviewed the film, I had 8 fumbles with 6 recovered, but I could have missed some. MarkH hit it on the head with the offense/defense. Not having a solid starting QB has hurt a little, but the OLine has also got to get tougher. I think once they realize how strong they really are and do their jobs they will be ok. Once they can get that figured out, the rest of the offense should come around. And even though it doesn't matter, one of the refs approached one of our coaches at halftime and said that they blew the call on the 4th down play from the 6 inch line. He told us that the QB did indeed get in and they just did not make the call. I almost wish he had not said anything....

I think that Central and Overton will be bringing up the rear. Craigmont beat Arlington handily last year and I see more of the same this year. Let's take a look at last year when Craigmont lost to Bartlett and Cordova by 1 point, to Ridgeway by 2 points and to Central by 3 points. If they can continue to improve then yes I can see them making the playoffs. They have the size and the athletes but can they do the little things to get them over the hump.