Franklin Rebels VS. Independence Eagles

huskergymnast33

All I am hearing on here are Eagle fans who wish they had what Franklin has right now. Meeker running the football? Yea like that is going to cure anything, middle school is one thing but this is high school football in what is arguably the best region in the state. Come on folks. The only thing INDY has is a QB. No supporting cast!!!! Lets get one thing clear, INDY has no shot in this one!!! Zero, Zip, Nada. I have not seen any fire or drive out of this INDY team like the team of last year so Franklin will come into INDY'S house and break the streak. No one on this years INDY team has the ability to step up and stop them. Stats speak for themselves and the ones already posted has written the book on this game.

"EYE" keep dreaming but your baby eaglettes have no chance. All the talent left after last years team so the players better come up with something or this game will get ugly. Clayton's offense will pick the INDY "D" apart and Webb's Defense will shut down Heckman which is all INDY has, therefore the final score will be this:

Fanklin: 35

INDY: 7

"EYE" I appreciate all the good things you have been saying about the INDY teams of old, they are the only real football teams INDY has ever had.

you have got to be kidding me.. wow you have been talking bout the leadership we had last year with pettigrew and consiglio but they would not have made it without a sophomore qb that led them from 1-3 to the state championship game where ben parker and the other seniors(not downing any of them) maybe caught three passes the whole first half.. we are not little eaglettes this year we have a solid d but centennial had quite the height advantage on us wit one reciever who caught three passes.. good job.. bobby will definately have this defense ready havin two weeks to prepare for this so called stout offense of franklin..the BLEACHER CREATURES will be in full force at this game no doubt in my mind franklin better bring some fans or they will all be over taken by the creatures...this will be a very good game where INDY will leave the eagles nest with another victory agianst franklin again

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought Id swing by, well actually I noticed something quite interesting. Everyone loves BigDogDaddy's analysis, because he has "insight". well what some of you have decided to overlook/ observe. BigDogDaddy's "insight" is exactly that "inside-sight", BigDogDaddy is someone on the inside of Franklin. And this observation gives birth to a few issues.

(1) He is an insider, so naturally his "opinion" is gonna be tainted/ biased

(2) If I am correct, and BigDog is an insider, then "daddy" obviously has complaints about the present system he is apart of. Because BigDogDaddy went on a tyrade about Todd Campell's scholarship to UT (and the politics behind the scenes) Which is kind of interesting because Todd Sr. Is the new principle at IHS (think about that...) and now "daddy" has revealed his complaint against the offensive player-personal decisions, concerning the O-lineman last year. If you have that many problems with your fellow coaches, then I am sure there is somewhere you can discuss your issues (without displaying them for the world to see)

(3) Once again if I am correct, and BigDogDaddy is a coach (or affiliated in some degree) then wouldnt has time be better spent, watching film and piecing together a game-plan for the upcoming challenge than blogging all over coachT.

Ohh thats right, everyone at Franklin High School sits around an alter with an Icon of "Coach Donny Webb" surrounded by candles, and any and all offensive decisions are agreed upon when Coach Clayton blows white or black smoke out his office window (catch that analogy....FHS & IHS)

the funny thing about this post kingz is your opening statement in point 3: once again if i am correct..... hahahahaha that is very amusing to me because you have not been correct about anything thus far. and by the way my altar of Coach Donny Webb is pretty cool. It has a picture of the scoreboard from the ravenwood game on it. and i would have a picture of our defense on there too but i remember you saying that we "DO NOT AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN DO NOT HAVE A DEFENSE" so obviously i cant find any picutres of them.

Kingz- As to Todd Campbell, the question was who was a better "high school receiver" - Todd Campbell and every other athlete who receives a scholarship to a Div I SEC school does so based upon a recruiters belief that he will be a good player "AT THE NEXT LEVEL" Thats why lineman who are 6'6 and 300lbs get recruited by colleges. Not because they were good lineman in highschool but because the recruiter believes they can be molded into a good player two years later after he has "grown" into his body and been coached by experts at the next level. Todd Campbell received a scholarship to UT for that very reason (IMO) he has the potential at the next level to be a good receveiver. In contrast, John Hewitt does not have "the potential" to be a good receiver at the next level and that's why he is on a track scholarship. Was IMO Todd a better high school receiver than John - No- Were more balls thrown to Todd than John - Yes - Did that hurt the team? Who knows or cares. Both boys are at a great university and both are on scholarship - enough said. Bottom line the recruiters got the looks they needed to make a judgement - which turned out great for Todd and for the Vols -

There are a couple flaws in your post this week and ill take some time out of my busy day to point them out. One of my main points is YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE PAST. you tell us about these former games, like they have any effect on the game this friday. so what if you beat Franklin last year, This year is this year, and last year franklin didnt have a top 5 rusher in the state, a quarterback who has yet to throw a pic, and a defense that has allowed 6 points in the last 2 games. Other than heckman who even knows any of the other names indy has besides indy people? NO ONE. But these days, around the region, Lee, Ford, Jervis, Combos, Nichols, Eaton are household names. Need I say more. YOur little games of the past will have no effect on this week. if im not aware you guys beat centennial the last 2 years, What happened this year? tell me that Indy?

Lets take a look at some of the stats in the skill positions THIS YEAR

Passing

Franklin- Nichols- 53/74- .716 completion %- 8td- 0 int

Indy- Heckman- 38/77- .494 completion %- 7td- 6 int

Advantage- FRANKLIN

Recieveing

Franklin- Eaton 31 catches - 313 yards- 24.1 ypc- 3td

Lee 12 catches - 147 yards 12.3ypc 1 td

starnes 9 catches - 108 yards 12 ypc 1td

ford 6 catches - 55 yards 9.2 ypc 2 td

Indy Boatman 10 catches 105 yards- 10.5ypc 1td

Williams 8 catches 228 yards 28.5ypc 2 td

standard 8 catches 121 yards 15.1 ypc 1 td

Advantage- FRANKLIN

Rushing

Franklin- Ford- 59 rush 449 Yards 7.6 Average 6 TD

. Lee 58 rush 438 yards 7.6 average 4 td

Indy Bailey 17 rush 83 yards 4.9 Average 0 td

. Heckman(QB) 31 rush 321 yards 10.4 average 4 td

Advantage- Need I say- FRANKLIN

i really dont think stats come into play when these teams face off agaisnt one another - last years playoff game could have been a ESPN classic - As i am a IHS fan the only way for them to win this ear is to ride the home crowd and play with emotion all game otherwise i think Franklin will take control running the ball. INDY has to step up and stop the run can they ? well from what i have seen it may just be a long game for the EAGLES -

FHS 38

IHS 20

my heart

IHS - 28

FHS 26

for the record also new dad to Marleigh Ryver Kaialoha A....

I would be interested in knowing your intelligent reasoning on how you came to that conclusion. No nevermind, save it for the birds.

Heckman has been the biggest playmaker on the team thus far. The line is still not exactly a beacon of size. When they get swamped that gives the quarterback very little time. Heckman's mobility (a skill that is far superior to Smith's) allows him to make more plays than Smith would be able to. Nick is a great pocket passer, but wouldn't have enough time back their to make plays. Simple as that.

The Arkansas analogy is an interesting one, but they were blessed with a pretty good offensive line (3 All-SEC players). Indy just doesn't have the offensive line to give Smith time to throw the ball. A dual threat quarterback makes much more sense right now.

I am starting to feel like a bad penny

While some of you critics were "picking-apart" my spelling, maybe some-one should have told "BizzNazz" to acquire a dictionary. Because the very thought that "BigDogDaddy" ever "respected" me throughout the Ravenwood thread is a joke (in every sense of the word)

Respect- to hold in esteem or honor, to show regard or consideration, esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability

"BigDogDaddy" since you have cussed & discussed me, called me vicious & malicious, but if you could please allow me to ask a question with expectations of a "respectable" answer.

I am finding myself slightly confused by a statement you made earlier, concerning coachT's purpose. You explained how CoachT enabled every common fan to be a "monday-morning-QB" every once in awhile (a very respectable opinion) Correct me if I am mistaken (Rebel2009), but I was under the impression that "monday-morning-QBing" typically happened the day after a controversial game. Resurrecting complaints 1-2 years after the matter appears to fall outside the "monday-morning" realm

Oh I almost forgot, "BigDogDaddy" alluded earlier (in the Ravenwood thread) to his dis-taste concerning the "politics" behind the scenes applying to Todd Cambell's UT scholarship. I personally find it overly interesting that you first supplied a "non-answer" (deftly dodging the questions posed by yours truly) only to reply a second time, but this time "BigDogDaddy" seemed to alter his opinions towards the subject, just like a politician.

I am eagerly waiting for "BigDogDaddy"'s respectable answer

While some of you critics were "picking-apart" my spelling, maybe some-one should have told "BizzNazz" to acquire a dictionary. Because the very thought that "BigDogDaddy" ever "respected" me throughout the Ravenwood thread is a joke (in every sense of the word)

Respect- to hold in esteem or honor, to show regard or consideration, esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability

"BigDogDaddy" since you have cussed & discussed me, called me vicious & malicious, but if you could please allow me to ask a question with expectations of a "respectable" answer.

I am finding myself slightly confused by a statement you made earlier, concerning coachT's purpose. You explained how CoachT enabled every common fan to be a "monday-morning-QB" every once in awhile (a very respectable opinion) Correct me if I am mistaken (Rebel2009), but I was under the impression that "monday-morning-QBing" typically happened the day after a controversial game. Resurrecting complaints 1-2 years after the matter appears to fall outside the "monday-morning" realm

Oh I almost forgot, "BigDogDaddy" alluded earlier (in the Ravenwood thread) to his dis-taste concerning the "politics" behind the scenes applying to Todd Cambell's UT scholarship. I personally find it overly interesting that you first supplied a "non-answer" (deftly dodging the questions posed by yours truly) only to reply a second time, but this time "BigDogDaddy" seemed to alter his opinions towards the subject, just like a politician.

You have way too much time on your hands, since you obviously dont play football.

Your just really dumb

no one on here respects you kingz. for many reasons but mainly becuase you are just ignorant. you obvioulsy have something against the franklin program because you continue to come on our boards and worry more about franklin than you do your ever so great raptors. if i was you i would be worrying about how your team plans on scoring this week becuase brentwood wont be an easier than we were

I cant believe Im stooping to this......What i said was that he was "The only one to show you any type of respect" and by your weird mind states "to show regard or consideration" which BDD did let you speak your piece, while everybody else blasted you and your lame comments.

and you...stabbed him in the back..whatever who cares already.

Lets get back to football....and if you know anything about it besides trying to figure out who is who, speak it with some intelligence. (You obviously blew it with the comments on Franklins Defense and your name calling of some well liked players and coaches)

If you want to redeem yourself...lets make a prediction and a short analysis why...not an autobiography...