Greenback at Harriman

matback

He is a very good coach. I know when we lived down there he had some good seasons with I believe Austin James at QB. and G. Way at RB. He left in '05 or '06, right? Believe me I kept tabs on Greenback. Not here to start a rivalry war with schools though. I'm sure both are fine programs and the kids at both schools work hard. Really like the Greenback tradition though. Plus, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they run a form of the spread with the Vanskiver kid don't they? Same offense my boy is running now to take advantage of his strengths.

we have the best offensive coordinator around no joke greg ryan played at greenback and etsu holds all their records we also have one of the best youth league teams around tough kids not recruited home grown the way its supposed to be we would love to see your sons come here you would love lots of tradition just come watch a home game (awesome),we have some outstanding eighth and seventh graders i mean they look really good the future is bright for gback, this will also be a season to remember.he loves to throw the ball......

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just tell you straight up guys the only team in the region that has a chance of beating Harriman is Oneida. Guys its at Harriman and its homecoming and Harriman has not lost on homecoming since they broke the 30 game losing streak 6 years ago! So i look for the Blue Devils to take it by 20

HHS-28

GHS-7

really?

Congrats Kees...............Eye knowed ewe could handle tha Hairyman... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

we have the best offensive coordinator around no joke greg ryan played at greenback and etsu holds all their records we also have one of the best youth league teams around tough kids not recruited home grown the way its supposed to be we would love to see your sons come here you would love lots of tradition just come watch a home game (awesome),we have some outstanding eighth and seventh graders i mean they look really good the future is bright for gback, this will also be a season to remember.he loves to throw the ball......

Also the head coach is Brent Kilpratrick who starred at Greenback in the late 80's and went on to play at UT. Came back as an assistant under coach Satterfield and took over after he left.

The youth league does look good this year. Isn't the Juniors coach also volunteer coaching at the high school also? He is doing a good job with the Juniors team and some of those players could possibily step in and play key roles on next years team. The youth league looks to be solid from the youngest to the oldest for several teams. The Crickets (5,6,& 7 yr. olds) are 4-0 right now and haven't been scored on. The Hoppers (8 & 9's) are 1-3 but have played some of the toughest in that division so far. The Cutters (10 & 11's) are 3-1 and the Juniors (12 & 13's) are 4-0.

man oh man i would of loved to watched these en, but good job to both teams there both very tough and this seemed like a hard fought game by the score

Taking nothing away from Harriman, the score is really not indicitive of game. Greenback dominated the game except for a about 2 minutes at the end of the 4th quarter when they gave up 15 pts. A few anxious moment for the faithful as the 30 to 7 lead was cut to 8 points and thoughts of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory popped in to a few heads. Maybe in years past but not this time, the boys setteled down at the end and put themselves in scoring position in the final minute, but just ran the clock.

Need some information about Greenback Football. Sounds like a great small school Football program! I used to live in Grainger County and moved to Michigan 2 years ago. We will be moving back to Tennessee hopefully for next school year if we can sell our house. I have 2 boys with my oldest 12. He is QB. on the 8th grade team up here although he is in the 7th grade. Good, smart player. I want him to attend a smaller school. I've had an eye on Greenback. Any former or current Greenback players please give me info on the program and school academics. I might have a couple of future Cherokees for you. Sure would appreciate any info. REAL interested.

Living in Michigan you've more than likely been exposed to wrestling it is huge up there and I don't know if your boys are interested or not but Greenback has an excellent wrestling program as well and should contend for a 1-2a state title this year. The wrestling coach is Justin Ridge who is also the D C for the football squad. This would be a great place to raise your kids but I warn you they had better be hard nosed, cause this bunch don't take any sport lightly.

Living in Michigan you've more than likely been exposed to wrestling it is huge up there and I don't know if your boys are interested or not but Greenback has an excellent wrestling program as well and should contend for a 1-2a state title this year. The wrestling coach is Justin Ridge who is also the D C for the football squad. This would be a great place to raise your kids but I warn you they had better be hard nosed, cause this bunch don't take any sport lightly.

That's not a warning, that's an invitation! Greenback is looking better and better!

I have been given the run down/recruited on your wrestling program already by Maj. Sounds top notch! How's the baseball? My oldest is one of the best up here in his age bracket.