Science Hill @ Sevier County

Friday you'll see a few different looks. I learned last season that Coach Smith loves to put in new sets and packages every week, whether or not he uses them in that game. Coach Smith, ever since the South debacle last season, has been playing everyone both ways. Key players you'll see: Isaac Kinley #5 will be taking snaps at QB and playing FS. Left handed and mobile, a head hunter in the secondary. #7 Wes Forbush will play WR and CB. He is about 6'2 and 170-180. He's got 2 picks on the year. #8 Corey Macpherson will play WR, KR, and take some snaps at CB after gettting a crucial INT that changed the West game. #4 Daniel Norris will start at CB though and Corey will come in when Coach Overbay sees fit. Daniel could take some snaps at QB, but his snap count has steadily decreased since the South game. Look for him to throw when in the game. #23 Ryan Mitchell and #2 Armando Canepa will share the workload at RB and Armando will also play stud. Look for Ryan to get looks on KR too. The defense will have #86 Zach Jordan, #51 Jeff Green, and #45 Logan Honeycutt at linebacker. These guys love to hit, but Zach is the more finesse and speed guy in that group. He has an eye for the ball and soft hands in coverage. Michael Sholes #21 and Obie Patton #40 could also see some time, mixing in and out with the first team linebackers and playing special teams. Josh Lewis #33 I think, is the smallest nosetackle alive. I played corner and had a slight size advantage over him, but he makes it up with heart and hustle. Will Rentel #58 and Jordan Alexander #42 will be ends. #77 Zach Collie will also be a key defensive lineman. #15 Brandon MacAuley will kick, and based on what I've seen from the stands, will pick up where he left off last season, nailing 100% of his kicks last season in addition to being one of the leading tacklers on the kickoff team. He's about 5'11 140 but he loves to hit when he gets the chance. Prayers for #6 Greyson Janeway, a young receiver who was poised to step up this season. He had a few catches in the all 3 games, but he was injured against West in the 1st half and spent the rest of the game on crutches. He is a good kid, a hard worker, and I hope for a speedy recovery.

Does science hill still have those tall wr's.... they were very tall last year... and wat bout that mobile quarterback i think his number was 2...... but sc is big and fast we will be very physical and we r fairly fast..... u have to find and answer 4 patrick miller

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Science Hill still have those tall wr's.... they were very tall last year... and what bout that mobile quarterback I think his number was #2...... but SC is big and fast, we will be very physical, and we are fairly fast..... you have to find and answer for Patrick Miller.

The Hill has one of the two tall receivers remaining that you referenced in your post. #1 Larry Smith is a deep threat. Ashlon Adams, the other receiver, now plays for Dobyns-Bennett and wears #25, taking over the deep threat role for the Indians.

Science Hill has a new quarterback in #5 Issac Kinley, but the kid plays like a veteran. The game plan goes through him, a dual threat quarterback with very good speed, has enough arm strength. The Hilltoppers usually bring in the back up quarterback #4 Daniel Norris on downfield passing downs.

Does science hill still have those tall wr's.... they were very tall last year... and wat bout that mobile quarterback i think his number was 2...... but sc is big and fast we will be very physical and we r fairly fast..... u have to find and answer 4 patrick miller

Science Hill has 6'6 returning starter at WR, #1, Larry Smith. OLB #86 Zach Jordan will most likely see time at slot. He is 6'4. #2 Tomas Hill last season graduated. Starting tailback Armando Canepa is #2 now. Caleb Mancuso may also be asked to play slot and he is about 6'3. #6 last season, Ashlon Adams 6'5, transferred to Dobyn-Bennett and is wearing #25 for the Indians. #7 Wes Forbush is 6'2. Corey Macpherson #8 is more of a shorter, shiftier guy with above average speed. Seems like he never gets tired either. Your other look would come from this seasons #6 Greyson Janeway, but he was injured against West, and as far as I know he is not playing.

What position does Patrick play? What do the SC WRs and DBs look like? They are usually a talented group for you guys. Man those Feezels have been there awhile. There was one every year I played.

Science Hill has 6'6 returning starter at WR, #1, Larry Smith. OLB #86 Zach Jordan will most likely see time at slot. He is 6'4. #2 Tomas Hill last season graduated. Starting tailback Armando Canepa is #2 now. Caleb Mancuso may also be asked to play slot and he is about 6'3. #6 last season, Ashlon Adams 6'5, transferred to Dobyn-Bennett and is wearing #25 for the Indians. #7 Wes Forbush is 6'2. Corey Macpherson #8 is more of a shorter, shiftier guy with above average speed. Seems like he never gets tired either. Your other look would come from this seasons #6 Greyson Janeway, but he was injured against West, and as far as I know he is not playing.

What position does Patrick play? What do the SC WRs and DBs look like? They are usually a talented group for you guys. Man those Feezels have been there awhile. There was one every year I played.

Our WR's and DB's are of average height so we don't have any imposing figures that are going to intimidate anyone such as it appears that SHHS has. As far as the WR's, Sevier County basically has a receiving corp by committe because outside of Patrick Miller the rest of the group is rather pedestrian. They are not going to overwhelm anyone with their physical talent or stature but they usually catch the passes that they should and run good routes. Actually the straw that stirs the passing game is QB Zac Flynn. He has a strong arm and is pretty accurate. His greatest attribute however, is his ability to stay calm in the pocket and go trough his reads until he finds an open receiver, even while under extreme distress. He generally makes very good decisions and doesn't seem to get flustered in the pocket easily.

Other factors that will decide the game will be the play of both lines I believe. It's true that this year we are pretty big in the O line but that hasn't neccassarily translated into a great running game like you would think. This group has been very inconsistent run blocking all season and in fact we have had some truely dismal rushing performances such as the Halls and West games. Fortunately for us, their pass blocking has been better so when teams have shut down the ground game the passing game has been able to carry us.

The D line is about the same. They are big also but they too have been a bit inconsistent as well, especially the run defense on the edge. Between the tackles they are pretty solid, however it appears their biggest trouble is with the ends getting pinched and losing containment which allows the running backs to get to the corners and into our secondary. Like the rest of the team for two or three quarters they look like Pittsburgh's old "Steel Curtain" (Halls) and then at other times they inexplicably morph into a "Shower Curtain" (Halls). Our secondary is pretty untested as outside of Karns we haven't played any team with a very good passing attack so it is hard to judge them. Karns with their tall receivers torched us in the first half pretty good but to their credit the secondary stepped it up and played much better in the second half.

As far as the team in general, that pretty much sums up their play to this point. Consistently inconsistent and fustratingly content best describes this years Bears squad. At times both offensively and defensely they look like a very good team while at others they can look rather poor. As such, they have been playing with fire all season by allowing games they seemingly had in complete control almost slip away late because they ended up losing their focus for a period of time. Now that the schedule is getting tougher that recipe will end in losses for sure if we don't start playing a full 48 minutes.

Our WR's and DB's are of average height so we don't have any imposing figures that are going to intimidate anyone such as it appears that SHHS has. As far as the WR's, Sevier County basically has a receiving corp by committe because outside of Patrick Miller the rest of the group is rather pedestrian. They are not going to overwhelm anyone with their physical talent or stature but they usually catch the passes that they should and run good routes. Actually the straw that stirs the passing game is QB Zac Flynn. He has a strong arm and is pretty accurate. His greatest attribute however, is his ability to stay calm in the pocket and go trough his reads until he finds an open receiver, even while under extreme distress. He generally makes very good decisions and doesn't seem to get flustered in the pocket easily.

Other factors that will decide the game will be the play of both lines I believe. It's true that this year we are pretty big in the O line but that hasn't neccassarily translated into a great running game like you would think. This group has been very inconsistent run blocking all season and in fact we have had some truely dismal rushing performances such as the Halls and West games. Fortunately for us, their pass blocking has been better so when teams have shut down the ground game the passing game has been able to carry us.

The D line is about the same. They are big also but they too have been a bit inconsistent as well, especially the run defense on the edge. Between the tackles they are pretty solid, however it appears their biggest trouble is with the ends getting pinched and losing containment which allows the running backs to get to the corners and into our secondary. Like the rest of the team for two or three quarters they look like Pittsburgh's old "Steel Curtain" (Halls) and then at other times they inexplicably morph into a "Shower Curtain" (Halls). Our secondary is pretty untested as outside of Karns we haven't played any team with a very good passing attack so it is hard to judge them. Karns with their tall receivers torched us in the first half pretty good but to their credit the secondary stepped it up and played much better in the second half.

As far as the team in general, that pretty much sums up their play to this point. Consistently inconsistent and fustratingly content best describes this years Bears squad. At times both offensively and defensely they look like a very good team while at others they can look rather poor. As such, they have been playing with fire all season by allowing games they seemingly had in complete control almost slip away late because they ended up losing their focus for a period of time. Now that the schedule is getting tougher that recipe will end in losses for sure if we don't start playing a full 48 minutes.

Is Zac Flynn mobile? Whenever SH had good coverage, SC QBs have traditionally tucked and ran fairly well over the last few years. What was that kid that gave us fits for the last couple years? I might be wrong but I want to say Watson. Dont know the 1st name

Is Zac Flynn mobile? Whenever SH had good coverage, SC QBs have traditionally tucked and ran fairly well over the last few years. What was that kid that gave us fits for the last couple years? I might be wrong but I want to say Watson. Dont know the 1st name

JcToPpEr103803

You're thinking of Corey Watson who graduated in '06. No, Zac Flynn is no Watson, not even close, but he is mobile enough to avoid the pass rush. Where as Corey was a great runner who played QB, Zac is a more traditional passing QB who would rather "wing-it" then "run-it".

there r 2 of th feezels... james graduated in 07 and andrew will graduate this year.... they have a sophomore brother too but his last name is johnson but hes a good lil receiver.... the db's r talented.... miller ofcourse is almost lockdown spangler at safety is a head hunter.. nave is an average safety and patrick ratledge is a lil lacking at the other corner.... receivers r good miller again is the star... gilson is a big bodied receiver wit good hands and route running... pippen runs a 4.3..... whaley foster and ratledge r average but give good breaks... yates the te had a surprising td catch but hes not much of a threat