Science Hill @ Sevier County

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night the first half team would not have had much of a chance. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> second half team can get the job done against dollys team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> hopefully the second half team will show up for the whole game. should be interesting friday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

last night the first half team would not have had much of a chance. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> second half team can get the job done against dollys team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> hopefully the second half team will show up for the whole game. should be interesting friday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

'Dollys Team'? I hope that's not a sign of disrespect. This game will go a long way in determining where Science Hill stacks up in 5A circles. I honestly believe it comes down to coaching, and I believe Coach Brewer > Coach Smith. Sevier County muscles this one out, IMO they seem more determined in redeeming their previous 3-7 season.

'Dollys Team'? I hope that's not a sign of disrespect. This game will go a long way in determining where Science Hill stacks up in 5A circles. I honestly believe it comes down to coaching, and I believe Coach Brewer > Coach Smith. Sevier County muscles this one out, IMO they seem more determined in redeeming their previous 3-7 season.

no disrespect. think its neat that dolly graduated from there. your right if it comes down to coaching it could be trouble for the hill. still think science hill can pull it out.

no disrespect. think its neat that dolly graduated from there. your right if it comes down to coaching it could be trouble for the hill. still think science hill can pull it out.

"if it comes down to coaching" is that the consensus to those around the program? Not trying to get anything started at all because I went to the South game and left a halftime Friday scratching my head. I was shocked to see the outcome------and I am VERY happy for the kids. Some of the tactics/schemes are strange to say the least. Just curious....thanks

What's up Hilltopper fans? We're looking forward to the game Friday. So far the Bears have exceeded expectations this year with a 4-0 record! But the Bears have to come out to play and play well Friday to get a win against Science Hill. Although the defense let Knox West score on their first two series, the defense will get a real tune up this week. The defense is anchored by Patrick Sutton #63 who is the leading tacker and division I material. The Bears have some very talented linebackers in Andrew Feezel, and a sophmore Dakota Cogdill who has really shined so far this year. Caleb Yates who caught a touchdown pass last week and Logan Willis all had a good game against Knox West. The offensive line, anchored by center Steven Michaluk, is strong with 3 seniors Chris Jensen, Corey Mitchell and Michaluk and 2 juniors, Bryson Maples and Ross Heatherly. Ross Heatherly is a beast and sometimes plays both ways. Zach Flynn is an amazing passing quarterback. He has a variety of receivers, but his favorite has to be Patrick Miller #11, a big play maker. Running back Tyler Thomas (2 rushing TDs last week) and Dakota Codgill round out the back field.

So what's do the Hilltoper's have this year? Predicting a close game with a Sevier County win.

That whole dolly thing is confusing shes from sc..... but anyway patrick miller is in my opinion top 2 if not the best reciever in the big east... John sasscer is big and clogs the middle and sutton is great.... and the linebackers r very good and fast... issac mcmahan is good cogdill is good feezel leads em.. i believe feezel is leading tackler.. the db's r fast and fairly good.... again we must wait to c a complete game fron sc.... west was ross's first start at ol this season and should keep playin both ways.... Idk wat jacensolojedi was talkin bout wit kaleb yates and logan willis.... they have been average players at best the past 3 years.... that was yates first catch ever and surprissed me 2 death and willis is to small 4 line and got pancaked a couple times.... nothing against either of em tho.... flynn is gettin very very good.... he has good wr's to pass to.... miller, gilson, Boo foster, whaley, ratledge had a good catch last game, and burner pippen is very fast yet had 2 drops that wood have been td's.... And coaching wise sc has 1 of the best staffs and defensive coordinator kenny ratledge is a genius... Wat bout u hilltopper nation wat ya'll got

What's up Hilltopper fans? We're looking forward to the game Friday. So far the Bears have exceeded expectations this year with a 4-0 record! But the Bears have to come out to play and play well Friday to get a win against Science Hill. Although the defense let Knox West score on their first two series, the defense will get a real tune up this week. The defense is anchored by Patrick Sutton #63 who is the leading tacker and division I material. The Bears have some very talented linebackers in Andrew Feezel, and a sophmore Dakota Cogdill who has really shined so far this year. Caleb Yates who caught a touchdown pass last week and Logan Willis all had a good game against Knox West. The offensive line, anchored by center Steven Michaluk, is strong with 3 seniors Chris Jensen, Corey Mitchell and Michaluk and 2 juniors, Bryson Maples and Ross Heatherly. Ross Heatherly is a beast and sometimes plays both ways. Zach Flynn is an amazing passing quarterback. He has a variety of receivers, but his favorite has to be Patrick Miller #11, a big play maker. Running back Tyler Thomas (2 rushing TDs last week) and Dakota Codgill round out the back field.

So what's do the Hilltoper's have this year? Predicting a close game with a Sevier County win.

Friday you'll see a few different looks. I learned last season that Coach Smith loves to put in new sets and packages every week, whether or not he uses them in that game. Coach Smith, ever since the South debacle last season, has been playing everyone both ways. Key players you'll see: Isaac Kinley #5 will be taking snaps at QB and playing FS. Left handed and mobile, a head hunter in the secondary. #7 Wes Forbush will play WR and CB. He is about 6'2 and 170-180. He's got 2 picks on the year. #8 Corey Macpherson will play WR, KR, and take some snaps at CB after gettting a crucial INT that changed the West game. #4 Daniel Norris will start at CB though and Corey will come in when Coach Overbay sees fit. Daniel could take some snaps at QB, but his snap count has steadily decreased since the South game. Look for him to throw when in the game. #23 Ryan Mitchell and #2 Armando Canepa will share the workload at RB and Armando will also play stud. Look for Ryan to get looks on KR too. The defense will have #86 Zach Jordan, #51 Jeff Green, and #45 Logan Honeycutt at linebacker. These guys love to hit, but Zach is the more finesse and speed guy in that group. He has an eye for the ball and soft hands in coverage. Michael Sholes #21 and Obie Patton #40 could also see some time, mixing in and out with the first team linebackers and playing special teams. Josh Lewis #33 I think, is the smallest nosetackle alive. I played corner and had a slight size advantage over him, but he makes it up with heart and hustle. Will Rentel #58 and Jordan Alexander #42 will be ends. #77 Zach Collie will also be a key defensive lineman. #15 Brandon MacAuley will kick, and based on what I've seen from the stands, will pick up where he left off last season, nailing 100% of his kicks last season in addition to being one of the leading tacklers on the kickoff team. He's about 5'11 140 but he loves to hit when he gets the chance. Prayers for #6 Greyson Janeway, a young receiver who was poised to step up this season. He had a few catches in the all 3 games, but he was injured against West in the 1st half and spent the rest of the game on crutches. He is a good kid, a hard worker, and I hope for a speedy recovery.