South Fulton @ Hollow-Rock Bruceton

Devil_Alumni

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People might be second guessing the Red Devils because of their schedule but one might want to look at what Ballard Memorial(a team SF has beaten this year)did with always tough Mayfield this past Friday night....Ballard had the Cardinals beat and was ahead 38-35 late until Mayfield does what it seems they always do,pull one out at the end...Mayfield ended up beating BM 42-38....

South Fulton should win this one although Bruceton plays tough at home...

I'm Torn Between Two Loves Here. I Like Bruceton's Coach. He's Really Classy, Just A Rebuilding Season For Him. And South Fulton, I Have Been Following thier Woes For Four Seasons Now. But I Have To Say South Fulton Again. Bruceton Is Just Way Down. Wonderful Kids, Excellent Coaching, Fine People Just Rebuilding. And Ya'll Notice How I Complemented Bruceton Even If I Picked Against Them. Ya'll Need To Follow Suit.

I'm slightly concerned that the off week might have dampened momentum a bit.

After being told by the former regime that they had no heart and talent, this schedule has been perfect for them. These guys needed confidence. Now that they have won 3 and a realistic shot at being 4-0, they now BELIEVE.

I think Coach said SF hasn't won at Bruceton in 11 years. I'm a little nervous but hopefully the Big Red Machine will keep on rolling.

I just haven't seen anything yet that makes me think the Tigers are gonna win a game this year.

1. They are down in numbers.

2. They have practically no experience.

3. They have had a lot of injuries.

I believe that South Fulton beat Bruceton in 2004 at South Fulton.

It has been long time since Bruceton lost at home to them, but that will change Friday night.

South Fulton - 34 Bruceton 6

I wish that I was as sure as some of you seem to be. It's always tough going to Bruceton! We will score a bunch but they might also.

I don't think that our defense will be very good until the coaches let the linemen penetrate the back field. We have to contain the sweeps and pressure the passer. If we can't keep the ball carrier inside the ends we are in trouble. We don't have the speed and quickness to deal with running backs in the open field. They cut back and kill us.

Our offense will score. Avent, Fowler and Cherry are doing a super job this year. I have to say, though, that I could carry the ball behind Sam Curtis! After 3 games, one jamboree and one 3 way scrimmage, Curtis is the best O lineman I have seen...by a bunch!

SF wins 34 - 28

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have beaten Bruceton 2 times in the past 7 years that i can think of and both were at SF.

2001: B 42-26 @ SF

2002: B 35-0 @ Bruceton

2003: SF 44-20 @ SF

2004: B 42-26 @ Bruceton

2005: SF 26-20 @ SF

2006: B 62-21 @ Bruecton

2007: B 41-6 @ SF

Not looking ahead but the Devils have a chance to make it to 5-0 after Bruceton and Fulton co and then the tough part of our schedule begins with Union City.

Anyway, this week its time to maybe get a little payback for Bruceton runiing wild on us two year ago and outting up 63 points and Chad Jordans record breaking performance. Avent has a breakout game this friday night and the Devils move to 4-0

If South Fulton and Coach Spivey are anywhere near where I suspect they are Bruceton will fold in this game. Like Butchie, I don't have any problem with Bruceton either. Actually, I know one of the players and his family very well but, the Tigeers are way down this season.

In my eyes this is the most tell-tale game so far for South Fulton in the region. After this one I can tell where teams are standing to a large degree.

Good luck to both teams but, I'm kinda pullin' for the Red Devils in this one.