Maryville Vs. Powel

RebelRant101

I played for OR- of course. The year, well maybe I'll will keep that a secret. As far as the recruiting, is this the first, time you have heard this?

How many students does Maryville have now? Do you live in Maryville?

Again, please leave the wife out of this. I don't bring your wife up.

Well you answered one question. OR ok cool. Now the others i asked you? if your such an expert, because you said we "should be in 5A" you must know the numbers and the exact calculation error made by the TSSAA? Enlighten us! Share your wisdom o might Hitch. Yes, i live in rebelville. Yes, I have a ring. Yes, i love our trophy case.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Papa, I took a few days off and it seems another Maryville Hater is back. I don't think Baldrunner is Hitch and frankly, I don't care. I was in the military but I look at is as service to the country, not something to brag about when being a solider just happens to be popular. Most former military types love the country but don't brag about their service. Unless they were the types who were "In the rear with the gear"!

Top of the class so what! Plenty of people did well in academia and don't have any common sense. I have heard this Hitch on the talk shows, he's allot like that clown they call "Small Mike", a WB fan I think. A real Maryville Hater himself. It must really hurt to see a once great program like OR fall below .500 for a few seasons. Heck it is just HS football and a group of kids, what do you expect?

As far as the stadium in Maryville, the place is what HS football should be. I don't care if a clown like baldrunner/hitch has the opinion that the field is something less than it should be. Maybe OR has deep taxpayer pockets and can afford better but Blankenship is no Johnny "Red" Floyd Stadium. I guess hitch might not know where that is, but it is Maryville's first Christmas shopping venue the first week of December. Even if Maryville was below .500 I know the seats would be full. I remember just few years ago MHS was 0-4 and the fans still supported the team, coaches and filled the seats at home and away games. I won't judge OR like someone who enters a thread and toot's his own horn because no one else will.

The MHS Powell contest should be a good one. Maryville continues to get off to a slow start on Offence, not a GQ team trait. None-the-less the defense is really coming in to its own. I think in about two more games, save for several key injuries the "Black Swarm" D will be ready to defend the crown. The Murf is still along way to go for this team but putting away region foes like Powell will help work the kinks out of the offence. I say MHS 38 Powell 12.

First of all and let me be clear ... my nature is something that you know nothing about "psychman". Icould walk up to and you would never know who I was unless I told you. My children are a part of this 'BANDWAGON" as you call it and Isupport them. There are many things in the world that offend many people , that is life get over it. I do appreciate the fact that you served your country , thank you. I guess that gives you the right to be the way you are. I really hope you take me up on the next friday offer , but I know your kind and you won't.

btw , have you found a hole yet ? also , I need no saving from the likes of you , your arrogance is your weakness . the bell tolls for thee.

Greyrider, Instead of going to the game, why don't we meet at the nicest restaurant of your choice. We can eat near your home ( Central) at Litton's or we can go to your adopted home of Maryville I don't know if you have heard of the place it is called Dubb's restaurant. As you know, I like fine dinning, I know your team, (Central) is down -cheer up, Helton will turn it around at Central.

Like Papa, I took a few days off and it seems another Maryville Hater is back. I don't think Baldrunner is Hitch and frankly, I don't care. I was in the military but I look at is as service to the country, not something to brag about when being a solider just happens to be popular. Most former military types love the country but don't brag about their service. Unless they were the types who were "In the rear with the gear"!

Top of the class so what! Plenty of people did well in academia and don't have any common sense. I have heard this Hitch on the talk shows, he's allot like that clown they call "Small Mike", a WB fan I think. A real Maryville Hater himself. It must really hurt to see a once great program like OR fall below .500 for a few seasons. Heck it is just HS football and a group of kids, what do you expect?

As far as the stadium in Maryville, the place is what HS football should be. I don't care if a clown like baldrunner/hitch has the opinion that the field is something less than it should be. Maybe OR has deep taxpayer pockets and can afford better but Blankenship is no Johnny "Red" Floyd Stadium. I guess hitch might not know where that is, but it is Maryville's first Christmas shopping venue the first week of December. Even if Maryville was below .500 I know the seats would be full. I remember just few years ago MHS was 0-4 and the fans still supported the team, coaches and filled the seats at home and away games. I won't judge OR like someone who enters a thread and toot's his own horn because no one else will.

The MHS Powell contest should be a good one. Maryville continues to get off to a slow start on Offence, not a GQ team trait. None-the-less the defense is really coming in to its own. I think in about two more games, save for several key injuries the "Black Swarm" D will be ready to defend the crown. The Murf is still along way to go for this team but putting away region foes like Powell will help work the kinks out of the offence. I say MHS 38 Powell 12.

First of all I never bragged about being in the Military, I stated I served. Which branch were you in? What was your final rank achieved? What was your MOS? This is about to get fun..

[/quote

Someone put this at bottom of your post, You're kidding about the" toot's his own horn" thing right?

Football Emeritus, Senior Fellow & Expert on the Maryville Football Dynasty.

The Maryville High School Red Rebels "Still The State Champs"

I think this will sum up every thing i am trying to say, please try not to laugh.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly...who knows the great enthusiasms, "

Helton is probably on his way out, I do not wish any bad luck on my alma mater I wish them luck. I really do not believe that I could break bread with you , then again who knows. I do believe that if we were in the same room long enough one of us would be on a stretcher and the other in the back of a cruiser.

Is your disposition like this all the time or do you just act like an #### for show? I am not the least bit impressed by your obnoxiousness / elitist attitude. I will be at the "BLACKHOLE" next Friday night , if you come by the cedars take the first row of steps to row 19 I will be in seats A-D. Just below the first light pole from the box.

PS - IT REALLY IS A GREAT VENUE FOR A FOOTBALL GAME. ESPECIALLY IF YOU EYES ARE NOT ALL SWOLLEN UP.

Helton is probably on his way out, I do not wish any bad luck on my alma mater I wish them luck. I really do not believe that I could break bread with you , then again who knows. I do believe that if we were in the same room long enough one of us would be on a stretcher and the other in the back of a cruiser.

Is your disposition like this all the time or do you just act like an #### for show? I am not the least bit impressed by your obnoxiousness / elitist attitude. I will be at the "BLACKHOLE" next Friday night , if you come by the cedars take the first row of steps to row 19 I will be in seats A-D. Just below the first light pole from the box.

PS - IT REALLY IS A GREAT VENUE FOR A FOOTBALL GAME. ESPECIALLY IF YOU EYES ARE NOT ALL SWOLLEN UP.

" IT REALLY IS A GREAT VENUE FOR A FOOTBALL GAME. ESPECIALLY IF YOU EYES ARE NOT ALL SWOLLEN UP"

Are you talking about physical violence here?

" IT REALLY IS A GREAT VENUE FOR A FOOTBALL GAME. ESPECIALLY IF YOU EYES ARE NOT ALL SWOLLEN UP"

Are you talking about physical violence here?

surely you jest sir , it is not that far of stretch to assume that your eyes are swollen because of all the CRYING that you do. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I just want to comment on a few things that I've read on this board. Yes. Maryville has tuition students, and I'm sure that some of them play football. The Blount County school system (Maryville in particular) is top notch. As a parent, I can understand perfectly why someone would want their children to go to MHS. Now I do want a clarification, from a Maryville guy, on a rumor that I have been hearing for the past four years. Is is true that the assistant principal at MHS is also a high ranking official in regards to classification? And is it true that Maryville came up short of moving up to 5A by single digits in two straight re-classifying years? I'm not making any accusations at all, I simly do not know the facts. Someone set me straight here.

Also, I really don't understand why anyone would knock on Maryville's stadium. It saddens me that we are talking about a game played by 15-18 year old kids that put their hearts, souls, and bodies on the line each and every day in practice and in games, and we as adults let jealousy creep in and begin to take pot shots at whatever aspect we can because a program has had tremendous success. I am of the school of thought that I'm happy that MHS is having all of this success. It gives schools like Powell, Central, Halls, and Clinton a chance to get an absolutely huge win at least once (sometimes twice) a year. That's a great opportunity to have. Regardless, I think the two best high school games that I've ever been around, as far as atmosphere are concerned, were the Central @ Powell game in 2003 when Powell lead 21-0 at one point and Central came back to rally, in part because of a chop block call that cost Powell a go ahead touchdown late in the 4th. That game was at Powell and I've never heard that stadium get that way. The other game was in 2004. when Powell held MHS scoreless in the 2nd half and had the ball with under 3 to play down by 5. If any of you guys were at that game, you know that Maryville's stadium can get pretty intimidating when it comes down to game winning time.

As for tonight, I really just hope that Powell doesn't get scared. I hope they come out and play assignment football and continue to get better. Here's to a good clean injury free game, and another great night of high school football in good ole Pal, TN.