McKenzie at Union City

WestTnFootball

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree as well P & G Standard. I really hate to see games like this as well. Kids work really hard all year whether it's Union City , McKenzie or whoever.

The ref's are human as well and all have daytime jobs.

That is something we all have to deal with...just look at the college and even Pro level from last week.

Good game to both teams.

Isn't it nuts that on the very night the 1997 state runner-up team is in attendence something like this happens??...Don't you know they were wishing that a ref would have not thrown a flag when UC was called for a very questionable roughing the passer on a 4th down play that kept a Chattanooga Tyner drive alive that ended in the game winning touchdown??

UC's ball security is horrible. I hope someone does something to fix it. UC did a good job of controling the pass by playing cover 4 the whole game. The more passing we see the more aggressive the coverage can get.

It was a good crowd for homecoming, but I think McKenzie's fans dominated on volume.

yea ..well id like to give a congratulations to the referees...they did a great job tonight

i believe mckenzie got screwed over more with that that any game ever added together...

my old lady was visting family in martin so i decided to come watch the game..

that was terrible..the holding calls..roughing the kicker..and the catch were all wrong...he caught that ball i was standing on the fence and you could see it

mckenzie dominated the second half ..and no the better team didnt win and the way the fans looked afterwards UC better not get hopeful for the play offs

so yes congrats refs you screwed a game that should have went the other way up..congrats..and kudos to mcken zie that was brilliant in the second half..absolutely brilliant..

Calls and lack of calls were tough on both sides. The kid did not catch the ball in the 4th quarter - he trapped the ball - (but it did look like pass interference) The roughing the kicker call was legit. UC had a better 1st half than Mckenzie's 2nd half - and that was the difference in the game.

Mckenzie is a very talented group of kids that are well coached. Maybe UC won't be so fortunate the next time we play, maybe we come out and play a full game like the 1st half, maybe.......

The game was no doubt a hard fought contest between two very good teams that unfortunately had unnecessary influence from the referees calls, or lack there of. The ref definitely blew that holding call when McKinney ran in for the touchdown and they blew the pass interference at the end, which by the way was indeed an incomplete pass, I saw the game film on it and it does appear the ball comes loose when Johnson makes impact on the ground, however the defender was all over Johnson. But, this doesn't go without saying that McKenzie had it's chances to score when they got the the red zone but failed to punch it in.

It was hard fought and I look forward to seeing these two play again in the playoffs. Speed certainly holds true to his name.

yea ..well id like to give a congratulations to the referees...they did a great job tonight

i believe mckenzie got screwed over more with that that any game ever added together...

that was terrible..the holding calls..roughing the kicker..and the catch were all wrong...he caught that ball i was standing on the fence and you could see it

mckenzie dominated the second half ..and no the better team didnt win and the way the fans looked afterwards UC better not get hopeful for the play offs

so yes congrats refs you screwed a game that should have went the other way up..congrats..and kudos to mcken zie that was brilliant in the second half..absolutely brilliant..

It's funny how you forgot how dominant UC was in the first half...The laundry list of flags is just way too long to go over every call(I'm sure McKenzie got the benefits of some calls too but that's every game isn't it??)....The refs did a decent job up until the very end I thought...And fans don't win games..I woulda been mad to but if there is a next time McKenzie fans,or UC fans for that matter,will not decide the outcome....Blaming the officials is an excuse anyway..If UC doesn't lay the ball on the ground all night,who's to say they don't score on those drives??...There were too many things that happened during the other 45 mins of the game to blame it on the last 2 or three minutes...Like I said I don't like the way the game ended either but UC fans have gone thru the same thing in some big games too...

So who was the real Union City??...The first half Tornadoes or the second half Tornadoes??..My bet is the Rebels don't want any part of the first half Tornadoes again because if the first half Tornadoes play the second half Rebels,UC will still win..

And what did I predict earlier in the week??..That turnovers and penalties would be the deciding factor..All I got wrong was the shoot-out part...

UC's ball security is horrible. I hope someone does something to fix it. UC did a good job of controling the pass by playing cover 4 the whole game. The more passing we see the more aggressive the coverage can get.

It was a good crowd for homecoming, but I think McKenzie's fans dominated on volume.

I was not there, so I don't know how bad the refs were, but I wouldn't go getting all excited about a quarter finals rematch just yet. Region 8A might have something to say about that. I think they are a better region than than 7A is this year. The quarters might possibly be an all Region 8A showdown. And isn't if funny how almost always if you ask the fans of the losing team, they say the better team didn't win. It's always we gave the game away, or the refs took it away. Maybe they did, and if they did I'm sorry. It is a bad thing for refs to put a game in their hands, but I would imangine there are some kids in UC that played their tails off last night. As long as they didn't play dirty, let's let them enjoy a huge win and just leave it at that.

I guess to sum of the game, both Union City & McKenzie showed how capable they are of playing very good football both on offense and defense ( Both very good in the first half for Union city ).

McKenzie DIDN"T show me much in the first half but come the second half, a somehwta different team. McKenzie made adjustments at halftime where as Union City came out with the ball at the start of the second half and couldn't move the ball much at all.

If both teams played like Union city in the first half and McKenzie in the second half, we still would have had a very close game either way.

Union City ended up with enough points and breaks to win the game.

It is over and now we prepare for Obion County Central.

See Ya next time McKenzie fans.....might even be this year again.

Good luck to both at playing injury free football.

Good day!!