What are the prospects for a Red Boiling Springs win?

regit

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have one thing correct, you are "SORRY"

I think it is a shame that ANYONE would get on here and bash the kids from RBS!!!!! They take the field every Friday and they deserve to be treated with respect!!!! I hope they find the gritt it takes to get it done!!! It is tough from a school that size and the past they have to get all the kids envolved in a contact sport like football. If everyone keeps bashing them soon they will be believers of this themselves! I am VERY proud of them, they could easily not play as do the other kids in thier school. They deserve kudos for haveing the nads to come out and try to make a difference!!! I am from east Tn and we have our own programs here that struggle like the Oakdales and the Wartburgs both have broken thier losing streaks this year!!! THANK GOD!!! Boys keep your heads up and play hard it will come to you!!!!

I think it is a shame that ANYONE would get on here and bash the kids from RBS!!!!! They take the field every Friday and they deserve to be treated with respect!!!! I hope they find the gritt it takes to get it done!!! It is tough from a school that size and the past they have to get all the kids envolved in a contact sport like football. If everyone keeps bashing them soon they will be believers of this themselves! I am VERY proud of them, they could easily not play as do the other kids in thier school. They deserve kudos for haveing the nads to come out and try to make a difference!!! I am from east Tn and we have our own programs here that struggle like the Oakdales and the Wartburgs both have broken thier losing streaks this year!!! THANK GOD!!! Boys keep your heads up and play hard it will come to you!!!!

Thanks for that post PJ. Most of us here in the Middle of the State would like to see RBS turn things around.

Hit the weight room, hire coaches who are willing to run a reasonable scheme, instill discipline in the players and then yes...I will say RBS "deserves" a win.

Thanks for that post PJ. Most of us here in the Middle of the State would like to see RBS turn things around.

I would too. I'm just tired of everyone so badly wanting them to win when they aren't willing to do things the right way. Lots of our small schools have built programs on the rise because we have done things correctly, not because everyone felt sorry for us.

Hit the weight room, hire coaches who are willing to run a reasonable scheme, instill discipline in the players and then yes...I will say RBS "deserves" a win.

I would too. I'm just tired of everyone so badly wanting them to win when they aren't willing to do things the right way. Lots of our small schools have built programs on the rise because we have done things correctly, not because everyone felt sorry for us.

I understand, my post was not in any way meaning that you were against RBS becoming successful.

Doing things correctly takes somebody putting some money into the program. I do not know anything about the current staffs coaching abilities, but my hats off to them for taking on the task. For RBS to do some of the things you mention, it takes money that they don't have. The 1 year that I was there the only place we had to practice was in an old horse pasture on a hill side. One sideline was about 15-20 feet higher than the other. The kids there try very hard and some of the community is coming around and trying to be supportive, but they need the backing of the entire community and some money makers to step in as well. I believe the young staff they have will learn how to be successful if they can just get more support.

no ones feeling sorry for RBS we have a great bunch of boys that work their tails off every day! they r doing what they r told to do !! i don't feel sorry for the boys I FEEL SORRY FOR U !!! u must be one of those people that think that they know everything , well i'm here to tell ya that u don't , and when we get our win i hope its against u then u can talk some smack !!!! it may not be this year but theres always next year !!!! can't wait to see ya on the hill in bulldog country /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

IT'S A NEW DAY IN BULLDOG COUNTRY !

no ones feeling sorry for RBS we have a great bunch of boys that work their tails off every day! they r doing what they r told to do !! i don't feel sorry for the boys I FEEL SORRY FOR U !!! u must be one of those people that think that they know everything , well i'm here to tell ya that u don't , and when we get our win i hope its against u then u can talk some smack !!!! it may not be this year but theres always next year !!!! can't wait to see ya on the hill in bulldog country /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

IT'S A NEW DAY IN BULLDOG COUNTRY !

First of all, thank you for your informative post. Second, you're right. What was I thinking, assuming that your 1,000 game losing streak was anything more than same bad luck and lack of finances for some really hard working boys? Working their tails off, yet just can't seem to beat powers like Mt. Juliet Christian. Third, thank you for feeling sorry for me. That means a great deal, especially since you said it in all caps which I think makes it more meaningful. Fourth, you will not beat us this year. Fifth, we will probably never play you again since we are going into Division II next year. I guess that means one more of your "winnable" games will be off the schedule. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I understand, my post was not in any way meaning that you were against RBS becoming successful.

Doing things correctly takes somebody putting some money into the program. I do not know anything about the current staffs coaching abilities, but my hats off to them for taking on the task. For RBS to do some of the things you mention, it takes money that they don't have. The 1 year that I was there the only place we had to practice was in an old horse pasture on a hill side. One sideline was about 15-20 feet higher than the other. The kids there try very hard and some of the community is coming around and trying to be supportive, but they need the backing of the entire community and some money makers to step in as well. I believe the young staff they have will learn how to be successful if they can just get more support.

We started off in a rocky school yard where kids got their heads busted open. We didn't even have pads at that point, but our coaches were out there---a year prior to playing our first game!---working with the boys on fundamentals. Then we moved to a church yard 10 miles from campus. It wasn't like the hill you described, but it was not a football field by any stretch. Finally, our coaches hounded the city for months until finally they let us use a practice soccer field that is flat and mowed. We don't pay a dime for it. Do the RBS coaches care enough to go the extra mile to find a safe and reasonable field, let alone to teach fundamentals and build a program?

I think Red Boiling Springs can be a winning program, or at least be competitive in their region. Our football staff raised every dime the program has and has built it from the ground up, starting with a handful of kids who had never played football. If the right coach comes along, RBS will be a winner and that coach will be a legend.

If you are familiar with RBS you know that the only available land is just as I described. No soccer fields, only farmland. That practice field could be made into a good one with several hundred loads of dirt. Which I will say the county road commission did provide RBS about 80 or 90 loads of topsoil in 2000-2001 to help level up the game field.

If the right coach comes along, RBS will be a winner and that coach will be a legend.

I will agree that the Coach that turns that program around will be a legend. I would like to see the current staff do it.

First of all, thank you for your informative post. Second, you're right. What was I thinking, assuming that your 1,000 game losing streak was anything more than same bad luck and lack of finances for some really hard working boys? Working their tails off, yet just can't seem to beat powers like Mt. Juliet Christian. Third, thank you for feeling sorry for me. That means a great deal, especially since you said it in all caps which I think makes it more meaningful. Fourth, you will not beat us this year. Fifth, we will probably never play you again since we are going into Division II next year. I guess that means one more of your "winnable" games will be off the schedule. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

u need to worry about your team and quit making remarks about RBS being losers ! and we have not even played Mt. Juliet Christian this year so u need not make any remarks to that either, i guess we'll have to beat u this year to shut u up ! i'm glad u r going to Division II !! i never said that yall were a winnable team to beat all i said was that yall were more compatable than Hartsville and Frendship if u play them. When u beat them 2 teams then hollar back !!!! then u can say that u have done something !!!! ok i'll quit feeling sorry for u and pray for u , I think u sure could use it !!

If LCA had played the schedule that RBS has they would not be so cocky. Region 4 is tough!

Stop....just stop....There are many reasons for RBS's losing season. However, every team thinks their region is tough so that's not a good "excuse". I believe they say the same thing in basketball yet their girls do pretty good in that from year to year. I hope RBS wins this week and I hope they turn it around but right now they would be in the same shape in "any" region.

I wish them good luck, keep working!!!!

I am from the RBS area. I am not a big supporter of them or any particular team. I just enjoy football. I have always admired RBS players for taking it to the field each Friday night knowing that the deck is stacked against them. I only hope that their program gets to continue in the future. It seems to me that a program with that much, I will use failure for want of a better word, could lose their team altogether. I hope not.