What are the prospects for a Red Boiling Springs win?

regit

I don't know that I would call LCA "cocky". I would take offense to someone saying that the worst team in TN could pick up a win against us. As far as regions go, LCA is not even in TSSAA yet. But they have beaten two teams from that region and could probably give Watertown, Monterray and Clay County a run for their money. Trousdale and Friendship have owned that region for a long time and I am sure that if you spoke with their coaches and players, you would see that it took time to establish it and those kids work their tail off. LCA football has been in existence for 1 and a half years

and has already shot above the bottom of the barrell teams in that region. You can't always use the excuse of not having athletes because LCA could easily fall into that. If you are losing year in and year out, it is more than not having athletes. Like the coach from DeLasalle in CA said..."On gameday you don't just have a cape come from your jersey and play like superman, you have to work in the offseason and hit the weights".

Looking at the LCA schedule I don't see alot of opportunities for a "program changing win". What I do see is a schedule that allows your kids the opportunity to win every week. Which is great for an upstart program. The problem is that it also builds alot of false hopes.

As far as next year goes, I believe LCA has chosen to go Div II. This will put them in the smaller division against CPA, DCA, FRA, Davidson, JC, USJ, etc. I can only imagine what it will be like going from playing their current schedule to playing those teams. You guys at LCA better take full advantage of those financial aid packages you will have in Div II.

If they choose to go Division I, I'd gamble that LCA ends up in Region 4-1A or in the MTCS region with Cascade, Jo Byrns, etc when the new Z-plan classifications shake out and LCA becomes officially a member of the T$$AA. Then all this talk will get settled on the field. I'd say about one season of playing the Region 4-1A schedule will humble them quickly.

Until then, if I were an LCA player, parent, coach or fan I'd be very careful what I said about playing with Region 4 teams you mentioned above like Monterey, Clay Co, & Watertown not to menton Gordonsville or TC. Those teams will all destroy LCA. Remember these 4-1A schools relish any opportunity to crush a private school opponent and will be more than happy to schedule an upstart LCA and then educate them on Region 4-1A football.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the LCA schedule I don't see alot of opportunities for a "program changing win". What I do see is a schedule that allows your kids the opportunity to win every week. Which is great for an upstart program. The problem is that it also builds alot of false hopes.

As far as next year goes, I'd gamble that LCA ends up in Region 4-1A or in the MTCS region with Cascade, Jo Byrns, etc when the new Z-plan classifications shake out and LCA becomes officially a member of the T$$AA. Then all this talk abou how good LCA is will get settled on the field. I'd say about one season of playing the Region 4-1A schedule will humble them quickly.

Until then, if I were an LCA player, parent, coach or fan I'd be very careful what I said about playing with Region 4 teams you mentioned above like Monterey, Clay Co, & Watertown not to menton Gordonsville TC or FC. Those teams will all destroy LCA. Remember most of these schools relish any opportunity to crush a private school opponent and will be more than happy to schedule an upstart LCA and then educate them on Region 4-1A football.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

As far as next year goes, I believe LCA has chosen to go Div II. This will put them in the smaller division against CPA, DCA, FRA, Davidson, JC, USJ, etc. I can only imagine what it will be like going from playing their current schedule to playing those teams. You guys at LCA better take full advantage of those financial aid packages you will have in Div II.

If they choose to go Division I, I'd gamble that LCA ends up in Region 4-1A or in the MTCS region with Cascade, Jo Byrns, etc when the new Z-plan classifications shake out and LCA becomes officially a member of the T$$AA. Then all this talk will get settled on the field. I'd say about one season of playing the Region 4-1A schedule will humble them quickly.

Until then, if I were an LCA player, parent, coach or fan I'd be very careful what I said about playing with Region 4 teams you mentioned above like Monterey, Clay Co, & Watertown not to menton Gordonsville or TC. Those teams will all destroy LCA. Remember these 4-1A schools relish any opportunity to crush a private school opponent and will be more than happy to schedule an upstart LCA and then educate them on Region 4-1A football.

Great post. Let me give you a little more insight into LCA's football program. We have about 100 kids in our high school. Out of that 100, 27 play football. We have very few athletes on our team. We consider ourselves under dogs every week. We start several freshmen, including our qb. So it's funny to see a post that says we have the "opportunity to win" every week. I am not sure where they will put us as far as the TSSAA goes. I do know, however, that it will be a HUGE challenge for our young program.

We have done some good things. We rushed for over 500 yards on MJCA and won 48-19. I think that's the most points they have given up so far, and they have already played Monterey. A team you said would destroy us. I believe Monterey won 34-6. We also scrimmaged Nashville Christian in the spring. We played a four quarter game and lost in over time 27-21. We lost two scrimmages to Zion. The scores were 28-21 and 28-27. We beat David Brainerd Christian at their place 27-6. We ran 85 plays to their 23.

We feel that we are on track to develop a great program. We believe we have good schemes and the willingness to out work people. We just need the athletes. We are in a good area to grow. We know that the TSSAA will be a big step and that we will have to take some lumps. Please don't judge the majority of our fan base or school by a few posters on here. We have great respect for all of our opponents and appreciate the opportunity to compete. God bless

Thank you for your insight. How was Friendship Christian doing in their first couple of seasons? There is nothing wrong for being proud of your team and trying to establish a name for your school. Most of the teams that LCA plays are bigger and much more established. LCA probably will take a few lumps their first couple of years but if their coach stays I will guarantee that they will be beating FCS, Trousdale and other teams in that region. Yes, I said beating those teams. Never underestimate a winner, surround yourself with them. LCA made a schedule based on their enrollment and felt that they may lose a lot of those games but they didn't. They beat teams like a good team should. If I were in a region with LCA, I would start to get nervous because they will get better with time they will go from being competitive, to beating you. LCA opened 8 years ago with 7 kids. They just opened a multi-million dollar gym and their k-12 enrollment is creeping towards 500. They sit in the heart of Smyrna, last I checked Smyrna won the state championship twice in a row. When did FCS win state??? They are growing by leaps and bounds each year so perhaps it is you who should be careful before your team is humbled by the underdog Knights.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />I think he's serious /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

i know he's on crack now LOL !!

GO BULLDOGS !!!!

fcs & tc i can't wait until they play them /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Go Bulldogs we're behind you guys so keep your heads up and play hard and you might be surprised at the outcome.

Play safe and injury free.

Dawgs 2008 and Motivated bulldog mom, I read on these posts that you support the bulldog players and do not bash coaches and that is great, but are both of you not some of the very FANS that continue to bash coaches at the game weel after week and season after season. Why are none of your posts supportive of the coaches and the decisions they make each week? This negative talk from FANS could be what is the matter with the players. Nufff said.