Blackman at Smyrna

BandDawg

You asked does Smyrna have a Kicker? They not only have a kicker but he is very good. He has 50+ yard range on his feildgoals..........He's kick offs are over the goalline most of the time...........he's punts are between 45 to 55 yards regularly. I think he had a 65 yard punt "in the air" at BA last week...........Now, he can be a little inconsistent, he has punted off the side of his foot a few times and can try to kick it to hard and squive his kicks. But he has a very strong leg

What is the smyrna kickers name? I heard he had a very good game friday night, put all kickoffs through and good punts? is this true

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the subject, but what is the deal with lineman that Smyrna was so proud of? The one in the paper, he was wearing #69. He got pushed around all night. Maybe he had a bad game, I don't know.

I learned a lot tonight at the game. Blackman is showing signs of improvement. I know that sounds hard to believe considering they didn't score, but they could have easily dominated Smyrna if they hadn't killed themselves with penalties.

Let me add this also. To anyone that thinks Blackman would be better if the assistant principal was the coach, beware. I think that the housing market in the Blackman Community would suffer if he were to be named coach. Parents with student athletes would move in order to keep him from being an influence on their kids.

Smyrna's best Olineman is #65. If you were watching #69, you were watching the wrong guy. #69 is the Center, I believe.

OK thanks... very cool post bulldog89. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is Bulldog86 and thanks, I thought is was a nice quote as well. It was deleted cause I attached a quote they wanted to delete and they could not seperated. They figured it out and I thank them for that.

It is Bulldog86 and thanks, I thought is was a nice quote as well. It was deleted cause I attached a quote they wanted to delete and they could not seperated. They figured it out and I thank them for that.

I was kind of wondering if coacht meant bulldog86 instead of bulldog89 since I have never seen a post from bulldog89. But thanks again for that post, with that stuff going on at home you probably have forgotten more about football than most of the folks here (including me) will ever know. And it provides a lot of light about what goes on when the coaches are not on the field. Reminded me of the scene in Remember the Titans when Coach Yoast' s daughter was watching film with Coach Boone instead of playing with the dolls....

What is the smyrna kickers name? I heard he had a very good game friday night, put all kickoffs through and good punts? is this true

Yoder is his last name I think

The silence is deafening, but the year is not over for Blackman.

you are correct ,,but the thing is they will have to change something ,,,,but week in and week out nothing has changeed ,,after this week blackman is heading into the toughest part of ther schedule ,,and up to this point nothing has changed ,they play wilson central, siegel ,lebanon and oakland and if anyone thinks we are going to win under the current philosphy is BLIND,like i said the coaches show no life on the sideline and the playbook is still on page one ,this was supposed to be blackmans year and all the talent has been wasted ,these kids deserve someone who knows what to do ,

you are correct ,,but the thing is they will have to change something ,,,,but week in and week out nothing has changeed ,,after this week blackman is heading into the toughest part of ther schedule ,,and up to this point nothing has changed ,they play wilson central, siegel ,lebanon and oakland and if anyone thinks we are going to win under the current philosphy is BLIND,like i said the coaches show no life on the sideline and the playbook is still on page one ,this was supposed to be blackmans year and all the talent has been wasted ,these kids deserve someone who knows what to do ,

Well said

You can take this or leave it coming from and outside of the Blaze program. A Blackman coaches did not miss one block or tackle in the game Friday night. They did not jump offside or hit anyone late. I saw the whole game and saw Blackman HS kids playing that game. Get off this, Coaches stink so "we have no chase to win" garbage. Don't get me wrong coaches are important but it comes down to players playing football on Friday nights and they didn't play better then Smyrna Friday night.

As far as Smyrna not going anywhere in the future because the have an (X) Blackman coach. That too is garbage. The future of Smyrna football is strong and is improving week to week. You all have your issues and Smyrna has their's. It seem that Smyrna player are dealing with them better right now.

You can take this or leave it coming from and outside of the Blaze program. A Blackman coaches did not miss one block or tackle in the game Friday night. They did not jump offside or hit anyone late. I saw the whole game and saw Blackman HS kids playing that game. Get off this, Coaches stink so "we have no chase to win" garbage. Don't get me wrong coaches are important but it comes down to players playing football on Friday nights and they didn't play better then Smyrna Friday night.

As far as Smyrna not going anywhere in the future because the have an (X) Blackman coach. That too is garbage. The future of Smyrna football is strong and is improving week to week. You all have your issues and Smyrna has their's. It seem that Smyrna player are dealing with them better right now.

That's true. It is the kids playing the game and not the coaches, but do the coaches have the right kids in the right positions? I think that's the question that alot of Blackman faithful are asking too.

you are correct the players play no matter what, but when you call the same play over and over and it doesn't work ,shouldn't you try something else ,they never try anything else that's the problem !!!not the kids the coaches are handicapping their own team give them a chance ,,you never hear any blackman fan ever say the kids are the reason they lost we have a great team,,

so you tell me whats the problem ?

you are correct the players play no matter what, but when you call the same play over and over and it doesn't work ,shouldn't you try something else ,they never try anything else that's the problem !!!not the kids the coaches are handicapping their own team give them a chance ,,you never hear any blackman fan ever say the kids are the reason they lost we have a great team,,

so you tell me whats the problem ?

I just fell it's the easy thing to say coaching is the problem. I saw the Smyrna/Blackman game and with all do respect the Blackman staff did not call the same play over and over again. I think Smyrna's D just did a nice job playing their game. Smyrna is very very fast and played realy good Defence and did not give up the "BIG PLAY" like they have with the teams they lost to. If you look back at Smyrna losses, there were 1 or 2 plays that turned those games around and that didn't happen Friday.

I'm not sure what the problem is at Blackman. They beat a realy good team in L county so, for sure they have something there. Maybe it's a lot of little things going on but it can not be all put on coaching.

Maybe a change is in order and that sometimes makes a differance but I can asure you, the players have to get it done, no matter who is coaching.

Good luck BLAZE nation. I hope things get bettter for yall soon.