McMinn @ Farragut

CU06

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a chance. but then, there was a chance that bearden could have won too.

Mcminn defense will have to get some turnovers and the offense not put it on the ground themselves , just to have a chance. the ads will score quite early and often if the tribes offense cant sustain some long drives and score ocasionly. cmon boys play with intensity and pride, hit them with all you got ! THEN SAY HEY MAN YOU JUST MET THE PAIN TRAIN!

Mcminn defense will have to get some turnovers and the offense not put it on the ground themselves , just to have a chance. the ads will score quite early and often if the tribes offense cant sustain some long drives and score ocasionly. cmon boys play with intensity and pride, hit them with all you got ! THEN SAY HEY MAN YOU JUST MET THE PAIN TRAIN!

The "pain train?" You are too funny! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think McMinns defense is capable of making some good plays and holding Farragut down to maybe 4 touchdowns, but from what ive seen of them their offense struggles to sustain drives and makes a lot of mistakes cause turnovers and just bad situations. Consequently their defense gets worn out in the late game and can't hold up as well. I look to it to be a close game in the first half though

Farragut 35(or more)

McMinn 10(at most)

Joseph Kimpson(the big defensive end) and Niko Jackson(#27) quit after the cleveland game so i think mcminn is in trouble. The Cherokees have not come together as a team yet. I think @ Farragut mcminn will play harder than they ever have and give farragut a run for their money. In the second half Farragut pulls away and wins 42-24.

It is true that Kimpson and Jackson have quit the team as it was reported in the DPA yesterday. I suppose I have a different opinion about that, I partly blame Bo for the letting those young men take the easy way out and quit. Sure times are tough and emotions are running high but Bo is an educator first and then a coach and he has a commitment to those young men to challenge them.

Several times when I was playing players wanted to quit or tried to quite and coach Mullinax would turn it around and challenge them to step up and be a man. Very few times did a player quit and usually that player improved there attitude and became a leader on the team.

Remeber coaches you are setting an example for these young men and if you take the easy way out that has a direct impact on them and does nothing to build there character. Check your ego at the door and get those young men back on that team and challenge them into being a man. They will respect you for it years down the road.

By no means did I intend to imply that you can quit multiple times and return to the team without some discipline.

I say you first go to the team and get there approval then if they approve make the two players address the team as a whole and ask to rejoin. Then if that passes then it is on to the "Oklahoma Drill" where they get the living he_ _ beat out of them. Then maybe a short essay about what the word team means to me.

But you cant just give up on a kid, you might be the only thing in his life that teaches him discipline and teaches him loyalty to something. We must all remember we never know what kind of a home life the kids are coming from and what they have experienced so if a coach gives up on them that might be just like everyone else in there lives.

I am not saying this is the situation with these two particular players but as coaches you need to be conscious of these things.

I play for Mcminn im one of the starting linebackers #9 . This whole week ppl at our school have been doggin the whole team sayin we stink and were no good and we cant beat anybody. But i feel that we could pull out a big upset. Another big thing that has happend this week is #32 Joseph Kimpson and #27 Niko Jackson quit. I know both of these dudes i grew up wit them they like brothers to me especially joseph. These are two key players to the mcminn county team and to the defense we need them bad espically Joseph the 6'3 240 pound defense end who is ranked #5 in the state at his positon.I am fighting for both of these guys to be able to get back on the team and play the rest of their senior year. Even though we dont have them right now i know we can pull out a win. Every year we get put down ppl say that we wont beat farragut we wont beat ootlewah we wont beat william blount but every year we beat one of these 3 teams. So to all you haters out there i jus want to say i appreciate you. Beacuse of you we come into practice every week working hard to prove you ppl wrong and tommorrow night at 7:30 we are going to prove everyone that is doubting us wrong. If ya dont believe me than come watch....

I play for Mcminn im one of the starting linebackers #9 . This whole week ppl at our school have been doggin the whole team sayin we stink and were no good and we cant beat anybody. But i feel that we could pull out a big upset. Another big thing that has happend this week is #32 Joseph Kimpson and #27 Niko Jackson quit. I know both of these dudes i grew up wit them they like brothers to me especially joseph. These are two key players to the mcminn county team and to the defense we need them bad espically Joseph the 6'3 240 pound defense end who is ranked #5 in the state at his positon.I am fighting for both of these guys to be able to get back on the team and play the rest of their senior year. Even though we dont have them right now i know we can pull out a win. Every year we get put down ppl say that we wont beat farragut we wont beat ootlewah we wont beat william blount but every year we beat one of these 3 teams. So to all you haters out there i jus want to say i appreciate you. Beacuse of you we come into practice every week working hard to prove you ppl wrong and tommorrow night at 7:30 we are going to prove everyone that is doubting us wrong. If ya dont believe me than come watch....

this sounds like a leader /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />