Greeneville @ Cocke Co.

tricitiessportsfan

they lost the coach who had been in the sec because they WANTED TO BRING BACK CCHS FOOTBALL and he wasnt hired or even interviewed because he had been at cosby for so many years and they diddnt want to bring a cosby man into the program. the whole thing is a joke he knows as much or more thananyone on that staff guranteed. and no crawford wasnt a good coach at all . he wouldnt even take a football out on the field on thursday walk through. he wouldnt even use the word win and if any coach used it he would chew their toe

he resented the strength coach in my opinion because he didnt have full control. the man knew more about weight and speed development than any man in cocke county and anyone i know, he was even offered the head strength coach job at THE WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY where he was an alum from but turned it down to take a job in florida .and i know this because i trained wiht him longer than anyone i wsa his first athelete he trained there and soon after more atheletes began training with him when they learned of his knowledge.

another problem is the kids have forgotten howto win. they have lost soo much they accept it isnt a big deal just the usual. there are some but not many who it hasnt truly affected like the rest and they work to win.

and the coaches name is WAYNE STILES he was at both OLE MISS and TENNEESSEE as assistant coach and head recruiter.

hopefully one day CCHS will get back to their winning ways but they are a long way away. the talent is there but there is no desire to play for them.

yep Stiles was a Cosby guy he came to CCHS the year after I left

heard some good and some bad on him but hey he was an SEC guy so can't hurt anything he probably should have had more say

true thoughts on coach craw...wouldnt ever mention win only compete

he was a control freak as well as he wouldn't take advice from other coaches

all in all though he did try to help us improve as people first, just didnt know the game of football good enough

i've talked to several people that played for other IMAC teams and the general consensus is that cocke county has talent just bad coaching and no depth

blueTen...where can I get in touch with the strength and conditioning guy I meant to try to talk to him this summer because I am majoring in exercise science and would like to talk to him about some things about the field..thanks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep Stiles was a Cosby guy he came to CCHS the year after I left

heard some good and some bad on him but hey he was an SEC guy so can't hurt anything he probably should have had more say

true thoughts on coach craw...wouldnt ever mention win only compete

he was a control freak as well as he wouldn't take advice from other coaches

all in all though he did try to help us improve as people first, just didnt know the game of football good enough

i've talked to several people that played for other IMAC teams and the general consensus is that cocke county has talent just bad coaching and no depth

blueTen...where can I get in touch with the strength and conditioning guy I meant to try to talk to him this summer because I am majoring in exercise science and would like to talk to him about some things about the field..thanks

i just didnt see how that ever mattered that had been at cosby. they dont play each other he understands football and he just wanted to win. wes is currently in florida training for atheletes profile out of ft. meyers,FL wats your name and we can get in touch and ill give you his info you can just message me your number and i helpyou out

i just didnt see how that ever mattered that had been at cosby. they dont play each other he understands football and he just wanted to win. wes is currently in florida training for atheletes profile out of ft. meyers,FL wats your name and we can get in touch and ill give you his info you can just message me your number and i helpyou out

alright i cant send a message on here..i guess you got to be a plus member

but tigerstop2@yahoo.com is my regular email if you can just send me an email to there it'll be great

blue ten,

you can get on here and say what you want man, but i'm just telling the truth. Cosby didn't even want styles. i didn't comment on the strength and speed guy because that was more of a school board issue. That stuff just comes from the top. that's the reason cocke county is in the situation that it is in.

if you had ever seen styles coach, then you would know what i'm talking about. sure he got a job in cumberland county, but anyone can get a job coaching high school football. that's a fact. if you want to have proof, just look at cocke county's staff. that's all i am going to say about that.

now, wes parker is a great find, and it is unfortunate that that situation did not work out. however, all that is to blame on the last regime, and the school board, as well as larry williams. cocke county can win. but they don't care enough to work hard enough to win, and that starts from the top, bottom line.

i played for coach kelly, and i'm not saying he is the man for the job. I'm not saying he isn't. i just know that until the attitude around cocke county changes, they could bring steve spurrier in and they wouldn't win.

oh yeah, and i do know what i'm talking about

blue ten,

you can get on here and say what you want man, but i'm just telling the truth. Cosby didn't even want styles. i didn't comment on the strength and speed guy because that was more of a school board issue. That stuff just comes from the top. that's the reason cocke county is in the situation that it is in.

if you had ever seen styles coach, then you would know what i'm talking about. sure he got a job in cumberland county, but anyone can get a job coaching high school football. that's a fact. if you want to have proof, just look at cocke county's staff. that's all i am going to say about that.

now, wes parker is a great find, and it is unfortunate that that situation did not work out. however, all that is to blame on the last regime, and the school board, as well as larry williams. cocke county can win. but they don't care enough to work hard enough to win, and that starts from the top, bottom line.

i played for coach kelly, and i'm not saying he is the man for the job. I'm not saying he isn't. i just know that until the attitude around cocke county changes, they could bring steve spurrier in and they wouldn't win.

yep the culture definately has to change around cocke county

from what i hear the coach kelley regime is basically the same as the late jones era

i am a coach kelley support, but he does need to get some fresh coaches in place, get the feeder systems in order, ge the strength and conditiong program greatly improved, and get people excited to come out and play cocke county football

he wouldnt even take a football out on the field on thursday walk through. he wouldnt even use the word win and if any coach used it he would chew their toe

Now come on, I have heard some things in my day of coaching, but your saying the CCHS coach went through a football practice without a football?

And would never mention anything about winning or win?

I'm sorry.... all of your replies seem to be dead on, but I have never heard anything like that - EVER!

I cannot belive that, maybe some pop warner team, but this is a strong football conference in east TN. Practicing without a football and eliminating the rerm "win" or "winning" does not go on.

I need proof of this from other people, so I will ask around. From all of this junk, it sounds like there is a professional jealously problem in Newport and why on earth would the school board and administration eliminate not 1 but 2 guys that are trying to help a program that can barely win a game.

Are you all meaning to tell me that the school system itself is ok with this losing year in and year out? Sorry, but for me to believe that CCHS has had 4 different football coaches in the last 5 years, coaches not mentioning winning, not practicing without a football, and running a former NFL speed coach and SEC coach out of town.......thats the stuff you make up. I can go along with the 2 guys being asked to leave. That just sounds like stubborn people, but the other things cannot be true.

This is football.... not some sideshow act! Thanks for the laughs and your insight!

dont make stupid remarks about a topic you know nothing about. and yea he may be older but football is football and he knows how to teach it just fine. and all he wanted to do was coach and he never really got that chance. your the idiot not knowing what your talking about!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey big man that stuffs tough to read huh! People aren't very smart when they speak without knowing anything about the situation sometimes. Hey gotta let it go and move on though I hope everything straightens up for yall down there , be good and work hard.

Now come on, I have heard some things in my day of coaching, but your saying the CCHS coach went through a football practice without a football?

I'm sorry.... all of your replies seem to be dead on, but I have never heard anything like that - EVER!

I cannot belive that, maybe some pop warner team, but this is a strong football conference in east TN. Practicing without a football and eliminating the rerm "win" or "winning" does not go on.

I need proof of this from other people, so I will ask around. From all of this junk, it sounds like there is a professional jealously problem in Newport and why on earth would the school board and administration eliminate not 1 but 2 guys that are trying to help a program that can barely win a game.

Are you all meaning to tell me that the school system itself is ok with this losing year in and year out? Sorry, but for me to believe that CCHS has had 4 different football coaches in the last 5 years, coaches not mentioning winning, not practicing without a football, and running a former NFL speed coach and SEC coach out of town.......thats the stuff you make up. I can go along with the 2 guys being asked to leave. That just sounds like stubborn people, but the other things cannot be true.

This is football.... not some sideshow act! Thanks for the laughs and your insight!

i know its hard to believe but every word of it is true shocking i still cant believe a coach could do that either

blue ten,

yeah man i can promise you ive seen him coach alot more than most he is the man who taught me wat i know for the most part i played under him for three years and it wasnt that cosby diddnt want him he just felt it was time for him to move on.

yea it's true man lol...we wouldnt use a football during our offensive run through on thursdays...but yea we used a football every other time dont get me wrong

i really cant comment on the coach cuz i'm not sure on my stuff cuz i havent played for him and i wasn't around but i do know that he disagreed with the head coach on some things

the administration had a meeting that said the strength coach could not work with the kids..idk if it was more of the school board or the athletic director and coach issue

crawford only mentioned competing..he wanted to get out there and compete was his moto...his stance was the the person and the academics come first then we'll worry about the winning and playing football

cocke county needs to get together and give these kids something to be proud about..give them a reason to work hard and try to go out and play on fridays