Riverdale vs Siegel

BlueRaiderfan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is no accident that Coach Wyant was coaching at Siegel last night when they won. Siegel has some outstanding players and is a very strong team. I believe it is Murphy Fair that just said this..."It is not the players, it is the coaches."

Riverdale has some unbelievable talent that is not being used correctly. These boys work there heart out and when certain players are not being played where they need to be!! The Riverdale team just does not have a winning spirit right now. alot of that has to do with the coaches and the crap that goes on with this team. Coach A just does not have what it takes to motivate these kids. It was even the same last year even though we had a great offensive line.

The Riverdale boys want to win and they are ready to win. There is NOT the kind of discipline in the weight work outs like in the past with Coach White. THere are several areas that this team is lacking and it is definitely NOT their talent. I will say that Coach Wyant and Coach Mac both were right hand men to Coach Rankin. Especially Coach Wyant and there are many similarities to how coach rankin coached. At least the boys respected Coach Rankin.

I will support Coach A as always but I believe in Nolan knows that he screwed up on this one.

Siegel you earned the right to brag, it has been a long time coming. Congrats!

The boys read Coach T but they also know it is just opinions and speculation. They know they are good but it is hard to be good on a losing team with a losing coach.

I find it interesting that Smyrna did not start to win until Coach Wyant came on board. Remember who makes the game plan. This coach definitely needs to be head coaching somewhere.

RIVERDALE TRAINED COACHES UNDER RANKIN are doing great out there on other teams. Especially the traitor Dave Thomas who could not pass an art class this past summer at Motlow and can't get into Austin Peay with his brother Scott. He currently is helping Mac coach Oakland. What a guy that Dave Thomas is.

great post i thought i was the only one to see what is going on

Ever notice how a coach is good when he has talent better than the other team. Rankin would do no better. Never know,he left for better talent. Notice that Hillsboro in Nashville is still winning. Smyrna is not as good, Wilson Central is not as good,Oakland is better, Lavergne is down, so is Lebanon, Gallatin is undefeated, last year only won four games. What is the common factor in all these? Answer: Players.

Ever notice how a coach is good when he has talent better than the other team. Rankin would do no better. Never know,he left for better talent. Notice that Hillsboro in Nashville is still winning. Smyrna is not as good, Wilson Central is not as good,Oakland is better, Lavergne is down, so is Lebanon, Gallatin is undefeated, last year only won four games. What is the common factor in all these? Answer: Players.

oakland has the same players as they did last year and yet they are better so what is the difference coaches...smyrna players do not believe in their coaches right now they would do anything for coach shad...WC is about where they were last year probably a 3 or 4 seed just like last year...lebanon has the athletes and time will tell about coaching i am not involved with that program so i do not know but i do see talent out there Gallatin really has played anyone competitve yet (if you read the thread there is a breakdown in the gallatin vs smyrna thread)

and in MY OPINION if we still had Rankin or a coach that continue business as usual instead of cleaning house we would have done a lot better in the playoffs and this year than what we have so my opinion is yes you have to have the players but number 1 is coaches

So did Coach Mac, Coach White, etc. PLAY for RIVERDALE??? No, they coached. It is to be expected that coaches move to another school. It happens all the time and it is part of their JOB. Dave was there to help out Mac and WE do treat our ex coaches with great respect. Thank you very much. Read my post. I am a big fan of all of them but I have the right to disagree with Coach A as do most of the parents and players.

Congrats to you Oakland, you have a great coaching staff plus you have great talent this year. Plus you are about to get the great Bill Spurlock as your principal. I love Bill, he is a very good administrator. Good Luck to you!!

Moot point all the same, you dont throw any of your own to the wayside just because they switch colors. Maybe Dave wants to be a coach, god knows its in his blood.

Anybody who assumes WC is down is making a very big mistake. Truthfully, I hope Oakland doesnt see them again this season, they will light a few teams up. Having players certainly helps, but as I stated in another thread, Oakland has had the players for some time, but they finally have a coaching staff that is putting it all together.

oakland has the same players as they did last year and yet they are better so what is the difference coaches...smyrna players do not believe in their coaches right now they would do anything for coach shad...WC is about where they were last year probably a 3 or 4 seed just like last year...lebanon has the athletes and time will tell about coaching i am not involved with that program so i do not know but i do see talent out there Gallatin really has played anyone competitve yet (if you read the thread there is a breakdown in the gallatin vs smyrna thread)

and in MY OPINION if we still had Rankin or a coach that continue business as usual instead of cleaning house we would have done a lot better in the playoffs and this year than what we have so my opinion is yes you have to have the players but number 1 is coaches

Coaches are important but talent is number one, my opinion.

Anybody who assumes WC is down is making a very big mistake. Truthfully, I hope Oakland doesnt see them again this season, they will light a few teams up. Having players certainly helps, but as I stated in another thread, Oakland has had the players for some time, but they finally have a coaching staff that is putting it all together.

I don't think Oakland is very good, or WC,Riverdale,siegel,Smyrna, Blackman,Lavergne, or Lebanon. Maybe the players are putting it together this year.