Riverdale vs Siegel

BlueRaiderfan

A MACHINE ? I cant believe you would catagorize these children as machines When my grandson is considered a machine its time for him to leave He loves the game more than he loves to eat and thats saying alot He plays with all his heart and has fun while doing it but if he is ever considered as a "MACHINE" he will loose something precious> { The very heart of why he plays} "For the love of the game"

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very sad to know that when teams are losing they always blame the coaches and want to rid the coaches people there are players out their that get on that field every friday night weather they are in the right positions or not they are taught to play that position all spring and sumer long and it is the players that play 4 quarter of a football game not the coaches. I do agree it takes coaching to win but it also takes players doing what the coaches tell them to do to win weather you win or lose them kids and I mean all the kids in rutherford county go out there to play a game and hopeful they do their very best and some times talent is a factor and some times coaching is a factor and alot of times it is both but utimatly it comes down to if the players go out there and want to win and have the heart to win that ballgame on friday night!!! in 4-5a it comes down to heart and who wants that game the most it is a sad time when people start dogin the coaches for all mistakes that is made on the field and blame it all on coaching most of the kids in rutherford county have been taught as youth to play football why blame everything on these high school coaches I dont my son and he makes mistakes alot and some big and some not so big but he is not mistake free. and it is not all coaching faults he has been taught since he was 5.

you are very right , but you have to put the right players in a position to be competitive to win , these young men have a lot of heart . personally i don't think these guys know what to do, just look at the last two games , clock mgmt, play calling, use of timeouts, ect . like some of the other poster have said metro ball or just cant see the Forrest for the trees

you are very right , but you have to put the right players in a position to be competitive to win , these young men have a lot of heart . personally i don't think these guys know what to do, just look at the last two games , clock mgmt, play calling, use of timeouts, ect . like some of the other poster have said metro ball or just cant see the Forrest for the trees

well riverdale is not haveing such a good year is it because all the fumbleing or is it cause the coaching what i am trying to say is the coaches are not out there on that field on friday night playing when they fumble a ball it is not the coaches fault that they are fumbling and the way everyone on here talks the coach needs to be fired because riverdale lost 3 games this year 2 of which was lost because of fumbles and one was just because they got out played and you all are all talking it is a coaching mistake well i don't blame coaches for fumbles nor for the heart of the boys when they get out there and get out played it is very unfair to all these coaches when losing or winning as far as that is concerned to blame all on coaching it takes the football players that go out there all week and practice and play that game on friday night to win or lose a ball game ultimately .........

well riverdale is not haveing such a good year is it because all the fumbleing or is it cause the coaching what i am trying to say is the coaches are not out there on that field on friday night playing when they fumble a ball it is not the coaches fault that they are fumbling and the way everyone on here talks the coach needs to be fired because riverdale lost 3 games this year 2 of which was lost because of fumbles and one was just because they got out played and you all are all talking it is a coaching mistake well i don't blame coaches for fumbles nor for the heart of the boys when they get out there and get out played it is very unfair to all these coaches when losing or winning as far as that is concerned to blame all on coaching it takes the football players that go out there all week and practice and play that game on friday night to win or lose a ball game ultimately .........

i have never said they need to be fired, yes there have been fumbles but you tell me with as many young men on the side line that go to practice that you don't try some else out and make these young men accountable for there mistakes

That is a good post faith, but don't you think that if the coaches had other talent to play they would be playing?I am just saying, I know for a fact that rhs had alot of guys that quit in the spring that was going to be seniors, and was looked at playing some.So now, they have had to put in sophomore's and I think maybe one freshmen that plays.So I hear a lot of junk from fans that say they only play seniors, but that is far from the truth.They(warriors), are really young, so be patient, we will be back soon.

A MACHINE ? I cant believe you would catagorize these children as machines When my grandson is considered a machine its time for him to leave He loves the game more than he loves to eat and thats saying alot He plays with all his heart and has fun while doing it but if he is ever considered as a "MACHINE" he will loose something precious> { The very heart of why he plays} "For the love of the game"

You say 'machine' like it is a bad thing. For a football team it is the ultimate compliment. Ever seen the inside of a fine Swiss watch like a Rolex? EVERY part intricately fitted doing its job for the greater good of the whole watch. R'dale USED to be that way. Every player knew what was expected and did it without having to be told over and over. When it was time to punt the punt team went on the field automatically as every kid knew where they were suppose to be. Same thing for the extra points and so on and on. There was no wasted time and second guessing as each part of the machine did its job and did it very well.

A prime example happened in the very first game that was played on Siegels home field. When a missed snap for an extra point was muffed one word was called out by the holder and the team went into its two point conversion play. Siegel called it running up the score, but what really happened is the TEAM/MACHINE took over and went to automatic for the conversion. R'dale scored over 50 points that night on Siegel and COULD have scored MUCH more!

I have seen the OLD R'dale teams regularly score 50+ points on good teams in the past, where as the fans now get REALLY excited if R'dale scores anywhere near 40 points.

Now as to football being 'precious', I hate to break it to you but football in reality is a violent, dirty, and sometimes bloody sport. If it was precious the band would be on the field instead of the sidelines. I started to say cheerleaders but changed it because those young ladies work very hard also and do get hurt sometimes.

Right now there are only a few true machines in football in Tennessee. Maryville is the prime example among the public schools. MBA, BA and a couple of others are the ones in the private section.

As to fumbles, the having the ball carriers take the ball to class with them is a good start and it showed by the lack of fumbles Friday night. Next step is having them use the footballs as pillows when they go to bed! Or duct taping the ball to their off hand!

Yes this is being hard on players, but better they find it out NOW instead of latter because life is not fair or nice!

Football is about raising MEN, and not PC little Boys.

That is a good post faith, but don't you think that if the coaches had other talent to play they would be playing?I am just saying, I know for a fact that rhs had alot of guys that quit in the spring that was going to be seniors, and was looked at playing some.So now, they have had to put in sophomore's and I think maybe one freshmen that plays.So I hear a lot of junk from fans that say they only play seniors, but that is far from the truth.They(warriors), are really young, so be patient, we will be back soon.

Then somebody needs to ask 'WHY' they quit? I know some quit every year, but if a large number quit there has to be some reason for it.

Everyone seems to be forgetting one little thing....you are actually playing with players that are zoned to you. Gone are the days of folk moving in from out of state to play for Riverdale. Gone are days that the players of the calibur of Wilks and Gray "choose" to play for Riverdale over their ZONED school .......and along with gone....so is Rankin. Yes, he is winning where he is but that school was winning before he came and will continue to do so after he leaves. It is a powerhouse. He won while in Smith County in the regular season, but never made it past first round or so in the playoffs. Is he a good coach? Yes, but one who surrounds himself with EXCELLENT hard-working assistant coaches and the CREAM of everyone else's crop of players! The big buck boosters gave him everything he wanted and he let them "do their thing." Those days are over too.......when the going got tough, Rankin got going........when his "selection" of transfers was drying up......he got going.....and when his buddy, Shad saw the same thing coming.....he got going too.

trust me offense coordinator last yr this yrs defensive coordinator one in the same they don't look smoke blowing session as far as some of the seniors quitting they did not have the heart to play or seen the writing on the wall as far playing only seniors you are right and to answer the first part of you're post NO!!!!

You say 'machine' like it is a bad thing. For a football team it is the ultimate compliment. Ever seen the inside of a fine Swiss watch like a Rolex? EVERY part intricately fitted doing its job for the greater good of the whole watch. R'dale USED to be that way. Every player knew what was expected and did it without having to be told over and over. When it was time to punt the punt team went on the field automatically as every kid knew where they were suppose to be. Same thing for the extra points and so on and on. There was no wasted time and second guessing as each part of the machine did its job and did it very well.

A prime example happened in the very first game that was played on Siegels home field. When a missed snap for an extra point was muffed one word was called out by the holder and the team went into its two point conversion play. Siegel called it running up the score, but what really happened is the TEAM/MACHINE took over and went to automatic for the conversion. R'dale scored over 50 points that night on Siegel and COULD have scored MUCH more!

I have seen the OLD R'dale teams regularly score 50+ points on good teams in the past, where as the fans now get REALLY excited if R'dale scores anywhere near 40 points.

Now as to football being 'precious', I hate to break it to you but football in reality is a violent, dirty, and sometimes bloody sport. If it was precious the band would be on the field instead of the sidelines. I started to say cheerleaders but changed it because those young ladies work very hard also and do get hurt sometimes.

Right now there are only a few true machines in football in Tennessee. Maryville is the prime example among the public schools. MBA, BA and a couple of others are the ones in the private section.

As to fumbles, the having the ball carriers take the ball to class with them is a good start and it showed by the lack of fumbles Friday night. Next step is having them use the footballs as pillows when they go to bed! Or duct taping the ball to their off hand!

Yes this is being hard on players, but better they find it out NOW instead of latter because life is not fair or nice!

Football is about raising MEN, and not PC little Boys.

well I think that everyone is equal this year some have more talent than others and some have a little more expirence in their coaching staff than others but I would not wish anyone to lose their job over a football game no matter what!!!!!!!!! what goes around will come back to the people that wish bad on other people ..... and you are right priceless the cream as you call it are spread all over the county now that is why no team stands out this year more so than any other ....but for grey and wilks they were zoned lavergne so really lavergne should have been the ones showing the ball for the past 2 years if they had of been where their zoned school was at...........it would have been lavergne because they were play makers......and as far as siegel is concerned they do play with what they have and they them boys have heart they are tired of being the underdogs and have worked really hard to be where they are today and I really do not think anyone of you all can take that away from anyone of them boys at this point.

I get your meaning about the Rolex watch thing but maybe you should have used a little cheaper brand for instance the Timex you know the one TAKES A LICKIN AND KEEPS ON TICKIN and as for football raising MEN the last i heard that was a parents job and as to the coment about the precious thing football is not the presious thing its the love he has for the sport and its my word not his.Franklyi would have used the example of ballet ever seen "THE NUTCRACKER" every motion in sequence if one missteps it could ruin the whole show but you have the whoe team to cover their mistakes because they are a team, but i want use that example , it wouldnt be MANLY would it?IF you tear apart that rolex example of yours i think you will find only a lot of wheels,screw, and such but you willnever find a heart.theone thing thats essential

in this game of High school football. thats my opinion and im sticking to it.

'