Meigs County ?

87Cat

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> LEST WE FORGET, THE ANNOUNCER IS FROM MEIGS COUNTY AND SOMETIMES HE TALKS OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF HIS MOUTH. I AGREE ABOUT THE PUNT RETURN. I DOUBT ANYONE WOULD LAY DOWN AND STOP JUST TO KEEP FROM PUTTING POINTS ON THE BOARD. I JUST REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR THE PLAYERS AT MEIGS AT THIS POINT. ESPECIALLY GARY SHOOT. HE HAD AN AWSOME GAME ON FRIDAY NIGHT.

There is alot of truth to what you are hearing Meigs is in deep trouble. I like Coach Eller and he has been dealt a terrible hand at Meigs but he is going to have to take control and lead them out of this crisis and it starts with his assistant coaches or lack there of. We have had several good players quit and we have several Kids walking the hall ways that could help this team. When i say bad hand i do not mean in player tallent even though it is down some at Meigs this year they still have enough tallent and heart to compete if they had the kids out that have quit or chose not to play or have transferred due to the coaching issues.

Pretty much what I've heard. I have no doubt Coach Eller will get the train back on the tracks, If he survives the next couple of years. I hope he is given the tools he needs to get the job done.

I listened to the game on the radio tonight. I can't believe how the radio announcers were whining about East Ridge running up the score. They kept saying they couldn't believe Coach Martin would run up the score on Meigs. HE DIDN'T.. East Ridge did score near the end of the game on a punt return. What was the East Ridge return man supposed to do, Run 20 yards and lay down??

Come on people,, Meigs is down this year. The reason for them losing can't always be that the other team is a bunch of jerks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW.....where do we start? Administrators kids aren't involved right now, they filled the teaching positions with bodies, Head coach 'watches' practices and speaks very little, haven't seen him do much in the game, coaches don't motivate kids at halftime...most don't say anything, stupid decisions on the playing field, UNSUPERVISED players in the fieldhouse, (bledsoe just had legal problems with that...wakeup coaches), we don't watch films of our games or opponents, the reason for only a few coaches is that they don't want outsiders or volunteers to help, they just want to do it their way--WIN OR LOOSE---, 0-4 and we haven't even been 'in the game' going into the 4th quarters, Coach Eller never shows any emotion as if he's content with losing.

Coach Eller either rolled on talent or had some really good asst. coaches in the 90's.

This doesn't have to be a rebuilding year, didn't these same kids go undefeated in juniors (little league)? There is a lot of talent, it's just not being used to it's potential. The players, as a group, feel the coaches have no confidence in them. If the coaches don't believe and give 110%, the kids can sense that and they have no confidence in themselves. In most jobs if you don't give 100%....you get fired. The parents and fans can see this......why can't those in charge see it?

Let's fix it NOW....not next year.

THINK IN THE 90'S ----ASST. WAS COACH MARTIN AND THE PLAYER WAS GARY MEADOWS

It seems like you guys keep referring to the record of your Juniors in the little league program. I wouldn't base a lot of your expectations on that record because the competition in SETAC that you play is really not that good. Englewood is usually the only competition those kids have and that is just a few of the kids they face later on when they play Central in high school. Tellico and Rogers Creek are simply not who you want to measure success by. Not meant to flame here, just making a point on having realistic expectations.

Good point, you can't compare who Meigs plays in LL vs who they play in high school (Big difference). Good luck to you folks at Meigs, I hope you can get these issues resolved for the kids sake. Not taking sides because I don't have a clue to either side of the debate. But being a Sequoyah fan I can tell you this. Our School has been dealing with this kind of crap for 13 years and the kids are the ones who pay the price. Don't let it get out of hand because it will in a hurry.

The coaching staff situation, I know of one coach who had an offer to go coach at a neighbor school but turned it down to stay at Meigs, a school in which he has been a part of during his career. It wouldnt surprise me if some coaches left after this year. But do you blame them if they leave since all they hear is its their fault.

YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON INSIDE TO KNOW WHY THEY THINK IT IS THE COACH'S FAULT. THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME EXCITEMENT FROM THE COACHES. THE PLAYERS WILL GO WITH WHAT IS GIVEN FROM ABOVE. WHEN YOU HAVE A COACH IN THE PAST THAT CARRIED A LOT OF THE ASSISTANTS, YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WHEN HE IS NO LONGER THERE.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> LEST WE FORGET, THE ANNOUNCER IS FROM MEIGS COUNTY AND SOMETIMES HE TALKS OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF HIS MOUTH. I AGREE ABOUT THE PUNT RETURN. I DOUBT ANYONE WOULD LAY DOWN AND STOP JUST TO KEEP FROM PUTTING POINTS ON THE BOARD. I JUST REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR THE PLAYERS AT MEIGS AT THIS POINT. ESPECIALLY GARY SHOOT. HE HAD AN AWSOME GAME ON FRIDAY NIGHT.

Yes Tiger73 is from Meigs, and has been accused in the past of talking too much.

Is there any truth that the McKinney kid is now thinking about concentrating on baseball instead of playing any more football? I hear that he has been getting coached one way by an asst. coach, and another way by the head coach.

Then he has to take the blame when things go wrong. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Explain? Who should take the blame and what was being coached different?

Yes Tiger73 is from Meigs, and has been accused in the past of talking too much.

Is there any truth that the McKinney kid is now thinking about concentrating on baseball instead of playing any more football? I hear that he has been getting coached one way by an asst. coach, and another way by the head coach.

Then he has to take the blame when things go wrong. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Explain? Who should take the blame and what was being coached different?

Meigs, hang in there. I know times are hard, deal with it the right way. Most teams go through these droughts from time to time. I see you people falling apart, placing blame, and running things in the ground. I for one hated playing against Meigs because you knew you were in a battle, and that was any sport. I did listen to your game some the other night, and the announcers were a little frustrated, I think one of them made the point his son played and he felt bad for what his is going through. Support these boys with all you have, and Meigs will be back.

Meigs, hang in there. I know times are hard, deal with it the right way. Most teams go through these droughts from time to time. I see you people falling apart, placing blame, and running things in the ground. I for one hated playing against Meigs because you knew you were in a battle, and that was any sport. I did listen to your game some the other night, and the announcers were a little frustrated, I think one of them made the point his son played and he felt bad for what his is going through. Support these boys with all you have, and Meigs will be back.

Thanks for the support. We haven't been through this kind of drought since the mid 80's. When your losing people get frustrated and start blaming others. I know Meigs will get through this but it will take some time. Good Luck against Tellico. GO TIGERS!!!!!

No.

Coach Martin was very well liked, thus when he left, many kids quit or didn't come out.

THE REASON HE WAS SO LIKED WAS THE FACT THAT HE NOT ONLY CARED FOR THE PLAYERS ON THE FIELD, BUT ALSO OFF THE FIELD. HE BROUGHT EXCITEMENT TO THE GAME AND HE BROUGHT THE BEST OUT IN EACH PLAYER. MEIGS HAS LOST SOME GOOD PLAYERS AND SOMETIMES IT TAKES THAT LITTLE EXTRA FROM THE COACH TO PUT THAT "WANT TO" IN THE PLAYERS. HE WENT WELL ABOVE AND BEYOND BEING A HEAD COACH. JUST HANG IN THERE PLAYERS AND DO YOUR BEST. THERE ARE GOING TO BE FRUSTRATING YEARS IN FOOTBALL, ESPECIALLY WHEN MEIGS HAS BEEN SO USED TO HAVING QUITE A FEW IN THE "WIN" DEPARTMENT.