JCS and USJ to move do DII

Trojan Fan

So where do you think the cutoff between DII A and AA will be?

I'm no expert but from looking at the numbers recently put up on tssaa.org, it looks like St. George's in Memphis is the biggest DII-A school currently at 372. Harding's at 367, SBEC at 362, University School of Nashville's at 361 (no football for them?). Battle Ground at 392 looks like the smallest of the DII-AA schools. Ensworth at 427. St. Mary's at 458 (girls only so actual enrollment of 229). Brentwood at 463 and so on.

http://tssaa.org/classifications/classification20092012.cfm

So, with those A schools sort of bunched together at the top of that class I'm guessing they'll leave the line above them? Somewhere between 360+ and 390+. Of all the schools I've seen mentioned as moving over to DII (USJ, JCS, DCA, Zion, Franklin Road for sure, maybe Fayette, maybe CPA, etc.) all would fall into class A below that line.

Again, though, I'm just looking at numbers. I have no inside info. I know that Harding thought long and hard about playing up in AA two years ago but they decided to stay in A where the enrollment numbers put them.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This list appeared in today's Tennessean:

STAY IN DIVISION I

Christ Presbyterian Academy

Clarksville Academy

Columbia Academy

David Lipscomb

Friendship

Goodpasture

Middle Tennessee Christian

Nashville Christian

MOVE TO DIVISION II

Donelson Christian Academy

Franklin Road Academy

Zion Christian

UNDECIDED

??? Ezell-Harding: board of directors meets later in week

??? Mt. Juliet Christian: board of directors meets Thursday

Other posts in Coach T have Lancaster Christian going to DII and Riverside Christian but I haven't seen those in any outside sources.

Any word on other schools in East or West Tennessee?