JCS and USJ to move do DII

Trojan Fan

With Jackson Christian and University School of Jackson moving to Division II next year and seemingly to be in Class A, who else might be making that move? Interested to hear what you all think.

I know David Brainerd, Kings Academy, and St. Andrews-Sewanee haven't competed in the football playoffs lately since playing regular season games to qualify meant coming mostly to Memphis for road trips. At least I assume that's one of the main reasons. Anybody else in central or east TN that might come on down so a full division from central/east can be built for II-A. Plenty in west TN for a full division over here though we'd miss our good friends from Davidson if they went into another division.

Anybody else in west TN besides JCS and USJ strongly considering the move?

For that matter, any bigger privates looking at the move that would be II-AA?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It ain't fair!" "It ain't fair!" That's all you hear! What good is a State Championship if there are only 10 teams......next year 11... competing in a seperate classification! In every other Division 1 class..........there are 32 teams that make the playoffs!!

It's the same Ol' youth soccer theme..........everyone that competes deserves a trophy! This teaches kids when they get beat..........go find someone you can beat! The whole D-II thing is sorry!!

7 State Champions in Tennessee High School Football?? Are you kidding me???

"It ain't fair!" "It ain't fair!" That's all you hear! What good is a State Championship if there are only 10 teams......next year 11... competing in a seperate classification! In every other Division 1 class..........there are 32 teams that make the playoffs!!

It's the same Ol' youth soccer theme..........everyone that competes deserves a trophy! This teaches kids when they get beat..........go find someone you can beat! The whole D-II thing is sorry!!

Tell us how you really feel /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

This is D2. If you don't want it to be that way (only 10 teams competing for state championship) then put the D2 schools back in D1. These schools did not create D2. Don't blame them. Blame the TSSAA which created D2.

Don't blame the schools for going DII. I hate the split but the small DII schools are just looking for a place to compete. You put in the multiplier that bumped their classification. Now you put in the Z-Plan which will take several of them to 3A in districts with 4A schools in the new 3 division spliting into 6 for the playoffs. A private school with 275 enrollment gets bumped into playing against schools with over 500 kids due to the multiplier. Now they will have district games with schools with over 900 under the Z-plan. At some point not only is it not fair but their are safety concerns for the kids.

In the West Tennessee area I heard Fayette Academy is also considering the move.

In the Middle Tennessee area you have DCA and FRA (even though it looks like FRA might stay 2A instead of 3A) seriously considering the move and maybe CPA but who knows about them. Ezell will be 2A and not 3A under the z-Plan so they will probably stay. The same holds true for Friendship. Mt. Juliet Christian is also considering the move but as they can stay 1A the chances of them moving are small.

Don't blame the schools for going DII. I hate the split but the small DII schools are just looking for a place to compete. You put in the multiplier that bumped their classification. Now you put in the Z-Plan which will take several of them to 3A in districts with 4A schools in the new 3 division spliting into 6 for the playoffs. A private school with 275 enrollment gets bumped into playing against schools with over 500 kids due to the multiplier. Now they will have district games with schools with over 900 under the Z-plan. At some point not only is it not fair but their are safety concerns for the kids.

In the West Tennessee area I heard Fayette Academy is also considering the move.

In the Middle Tennessee area you have DCA and FRA (even though it looks like FRA might stay 2A instead of 3A) seriously considering the move and maybe CPA but who knows about them. Ezell will be 2A and not 3A under the z-Plan so they will probably stay. The same holds true for Friendship. Mt. Juliet Christian is also considering the move but as they can stay 1A the chances of them moving are small.

Safety concerns??............what safety concerns? either you can play the games or you can't? What are the safety concerns?

Safety concerns??............what safety concerns? either you can play the games or you can't? What are the safety concerns?

Don't be a jerk. You know exactly what they are. 200lb linemen playing against 280lb linemen. Rosters of 60-80 playing against rosters of 25-30 and so on. There reaches a point where the size difference can be dangerous both on a play by play basis and also on a long term basis as kids wear down w/ no subs to put in playing against bigger foes w/ plenty of subs.

Whatever problems you have with small private schools, you need to work out on your own. You came to the wrong place to try and instigate smack talk and bring attitude. You simply won't find either in DII-A. It doesn't work that way in this league and I'm thrilled it doesn't. Talk to anybody at SBEC, St. George's, Harding, Davidson, TRA, etc. and you'll find that they'd love to have 50 of 60 schools in the same class to compete against...but not at the expense of playing schools a lot bigger every single game.

It's not the school's fault and it's not the kids fault. You just don't have the big, recruiting machines at DII-A which is what drove the DII move in the first place but DII-A is who pays the price for it.

Don't be a jerk. You know exactly what they are. 200lb linemen playing against 280lb linemen. Rosters of 60-80 playing against rosters of 25-30 and so on. There reaches a point where the size difference can be dangerous both on a play by play basis and also on a long term basis as kids wear down w/ no subs to put in playing against bigger foes w/ plenty of subs.

Whatever problems you have with small private schools, you need to work out on your own. You came to the wrong place to try and instigate smack talk and bring attitude. You simply won't find either in DII-A. It doesn't work that way in this league and I'm thrilled it doesn't. Talk to anybody at SBEC, St. George's, Harding, Davidson, TRA, etc. and you'll find that they'd love to have 50 of 60 schools in the same class to compete against...but not at the expense of playing schools a lot bigger every single game.

It's not the school's fault and it's not the kids fault. You just don't have the big, recruiting machines at DII-A which is what drove the DII move in the first place but DII-A is who pays the price for it.

Hang on there Trojan Fan!! you need to call a spade a spade! First......I'm a JCS fan. My point however is this........last year even though the Eagles got moved from 1A to 2A still competed!! NO.........competing doesn't mean State Champ! They competed!! The Eagles finished the season 7-4 and 4-3 in the Region. Turnovers kept them from being a higher seed in the region thus........JCS made the trip to Milan for week 1 of the playoffs! Yes......that's a tough place to visit in November .......but let me ask you Trojan Fan............who got hurt?? Were you concerned about anyone's safety that night? What about when you played Martin Westview? Are you concerned about playing Gibson County tonight? They are much bigger in enrollment than JCS but my bet is that JCS wins this one!

Be honest.........if you don't win the title...........let's figure out an easier way! That my friend is the facts and is wrong on every level. Good luck tonite however against Gibson County!

Hang on there Trojan Fan!! you need to call a spade a spade! First......I'm a JCS fan. My point however is this........last year even though the Eagles got moved from 1A to 2A still competed!! NO.........competing doesn't mean State Champ! They competed!! The Eagles finished the season 7-4 and 4-3 in the Region. Turnovers kept them from being a higher seed in the region thus........JCS made the trip to Milan for week 1 of the playoffs! Yes......that's a tough place to visit in November .......but let me ask you Trojan Fan............who got hurt?? Were you concerned about anyone's safety that night? What about when you played Martin Westview? Are you concerned about playing Gibson County tonight? They are much bigger in enrollment than JCS but my bet is that JCS wins this one!

Be honest.........if you don't win the title...........let's figure out an easier way! That my friend is the facts and is wrong on every level. Good luck tonite however against Gibson County!

Well, then why doesn't your school stay in your current league if it's not a problem?...because people in charge at JCS obviously don't share your views? I know who SBEC would end up playing in DI next year and b/c of the multiplier it would be absolutely ridiculous who they'd be competing against. You can list out all the schools you want. I have no idea where any of them are or how big they are...and don't care. It doesn't matter or have any bearing on what I think SBEC should be doing. I hope you enjoy DII-A but it appears you won't. That's too bad. I bet the kids will love it.

Advisor get your facts straight. Trojan fan said it well. Its about playing rosters of 60 to 70 and the 280 pound guys against the 200 pound guys every week. That is not safe for the kids.

The schools have competed in 2A after the multiplier went in. Many of those same schools will have to move to 3A in districts with 4A schools under the Z plan. Your schedule will be set with 3 to 5 games against schools with more than triple your enrollment hence the move to DII A where you can compete.

I don't have a dog in this race, yet I happen to be listening to the pre-game for the JCS/GC game Friday night when they were interviewing the coach (don't know his name). When asked about his thoughts on the move....he specifically brought up the fact that out of 11 games last year, they made 7 trips to the emercency room. Not sure of the exact numbers he quoted, yet it seems that this was a concern to him as well.

Both Jackson area privates will be glad they made the decision they did. Both will do well and if nothing else.......cutiing the ties with the Publics is the best move they could have made.

JMO

So when is SBEC going to play against teams from its own state, thats the move I am waiting for... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

In all seriousness I think these schools are making the right decision. It is just not right that the kids have to play against teams 3 or 4 times their size. Sure some schools could compete with small numbers but most cant. A when you were in high school I know mine and everyones elses dream was to win a State Championship. Thats why you have divisions in the first place, to split the schools by enrollment, and the multiplier goes against that. Sure teams like Lipscomb and Goodpasture compete, but other teams dont and if they want to move then they should, no questions asked.

I also think it is good for D2, because they are getting more, better teams. I think it will be more competitive for them and isnt that what you want. Plus you say USJ is looking to move because they will auotmatically get a championship, but they are having a pretty good year in their class now, and barely beat a D2-A school and lost to that school last year.

Not trying to start anything, I just think the reasons for switching are a lot more reasonable than just wanting to win championships BUT that is a factor and it should be.