It's Football Time In The South

Guest longhorns51

i agree

Pride and Heritage? Does anyone read?

"African-American" is a salute to heritage because they take pride in it. Southerners still celebrate their heritage of the confederacy (not slavery btw, except for some ignorant rednecks). I was largely being facetious by saying refer to me as Scottish-Irish-German-French-Native American.

Political correctness is largely a cancer to our society though. Btw, "Yankee" is a term that northerners celebrate i.e. New York Yankees....so why shouldn't southerners be allowed to refer to northerners as yankees...unless you want explain how it's okay for black folks to call each other the "N word", but are supposed to take offense if a white man directs it towards them. Double standards all around....so we can all puke our guts up in disgust one day!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pride and Heritage? Does anyone read?

"African-American" is a salute to heritage because they take pride in it. Southerners still celebrate their heritage of the confederacy (not slavery btw, except for some ignorant rednecks). I was largely being facetious by saying refer to me as Scottish-Irish-German-French-Native American.

Political correctness is largely a cancer to our society though. Btw, "Yankee" is a term that northerners celebrate i.e. New York Yankees....so why shouldn't southerners be allowed to refer to northerners as yankees...unless you want explain how it's okay for black folks to call each other the "N word", but are supposed to take offense if a white man directs it towards them. Double standards all around....so we can all puke our guts up in disgust one day!

I believe that was one of the terms of Lee's surrender

I just sat here for the last 45 minutes and read this entire thread (and watched some of the youtube links too)...classic.

I had a thought: who do you all think would win in a matchup between UT and Michigan THIS year? Obviously, there is some unspoken rivalry and history between the two schools from stadium size to Heisman candidates. Both are typically pretty good teams, and this year they are both terrible.

So, if the two met in 2008, what would happen?

I just sat here for the last 45 minutes and read this entire thread (and watched some of the youtube links too)...classic.

I had a thought: who do you all think would win in a matchup between UT and Michigan THIS year? Obviously, there is some unspoken rivalry and history between the two schools from stadium size to Heisman candidates. Both are typically pretty good teams, and this year they are both terrible.

So, if the two met in 2008, what would happen?

it would either be someone blocking Lopata's field goal attempt and UT running it back for the win OR Arian Foster fumbling just before he goes into the endzone for the winning score preserving the Wolverine victory. Take your pick. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />