It's Football Time In The South

Guest longhorns51

You must care about it. You keep posting on this thread. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Keep deflecting since you have no defense of Woodson and his mediocre NFL career! You know who the better player is now.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that really matters is one has a Super Bowl ring and is going to the Hall of Fame and the other isn't even the best CB on his team!

Peyton Manning-2

Charles Woodson-0

I believe we were talking about college and not pro. And I beg to differ about him being a second-rate corner anyways. You watch him play today and he is still the same dominate, shut-down corner he was at UofM. 4 time Pro-Bowler, 3 time NFL all-pro selection. In fact, just two months ago he was named the NFL's defensive player of the month, so obviously he's still doing something right. Maybe he doesn't get the publicity or accolades that say a quarterback or running back might have, but he is still the same, dominant athlete today as he was while at Michigan.

CHS 2007-1

SEC1rules-0

Keep deflecting since you have no defense of Woodson and his mediocre NFL career! You know who the better player is now.

still posting. Thanks for still caring about the Heisman. Woodson thanks you for your support /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

PS: If you're going with now, we can move onto the next UofM superstar

TOM BRADY-3

PEYTON MANNING-1

Go Blue! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I believe we were talking about college and not pro. And I beg to differ about him being a second-rate corner anyways. You watch him play today and he is still the same dominate, shut-down corner he was at UofM. 4 time Pro-Bowler, 3 time NFL all-pro selection. In fact, just two months ago he was named the NFL's defensive player of the month, so obviously he's still doing something right. Maybe he doesn't get the publicity or accolades that say a quarterback or running back might have, but he is still the same, dominant athlete today as he was while at Michigan.

CHS 2007-1

SEC1rules-0

i thought we were talking about highschool football?

Comparing Woodson and Gamble is absolutely ridiculous, besides the fact that the played offense, defense, and special teams, there aren't many similarities because Woodson had a much more profound impact on his team and was THE difference maker in them winning a NC or being a mediocre team. Woodson was UM's Peyton Manning that year (he even pulled his best Manning impression on a 30 yard pass, that was stopped a half yard shy of him adding a passing TD to his stats that year), as in he was who carried the team. Here's his reel from his heisman season, it shows everything he did and why it had an such an impact:

Most fans down here argue until they are numb in the face about Peyton vs. Woodson, yet most of them when it comes down to it, didn't even actually watch a game that he played in his college career (outside of sportscenter highlights). This play right here singlehandedly would win the heisman for anyone, and comparing Gamble to Woodson is an insult to Charles.

It doesnt matter how valid your argument is brother, folks from south are going to deny that Woodson was worthy until the day they die. As a a Michigan Man, I cant tell you how many times I have argued this with my own family, let they let their bias and school pride get in the way of rational thinking.

For those who keep on throwing numbers out there, it was not always about the numbers! Woodson had such a profound impact on both sides of the ball, it could not be measured on a box score or a stat sheet. You SEC fans love numbers, here's one: Peyton Manning's record against Florida? 0-fer, Charles Woodson's? Perfecto. This is about the state's favorite son getting shut down, and 10 years later, everyone is still upset about it. If it was such a slam dunk that Peyton was better and that Charles Woodson is this inferior corner, then how did he manage to dominate voting in all but 1 of the geographical regions?

still posting. Thanks for still caring about the Heisman. Woodson thanks you for your support /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You and CHS keep defelcting the truth! Al Harris is the best CB on the Packers! I never said Woodson wasn't great in college or didn't deserve to win the Heisman. I said Manning is a better pro and anyone with a brain would agree. Also, I would rather have a NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP, Super Bowl ring, & be a lock for the Hall of Fame than have a Hesiman and a shared NCAA title.

CHS 2007 & w1ldcat= true love

You and CHS keep defelcting the truth! Al Harris is the best CB on the Packers! I never said Woodson wasn't great in college or didn't deserve to win the Heisman. I said Manning is a better pro and anyone with a brain would agree. Also, I would rather have a NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP, Super Bowl ring, & be a lock for the Hall of Fame than have a Hesiman and a shared NCAA title.

Maybe it wouldnt have been a shared title had Peyton and Fat Phil not have thrown the game away............

No one's "defelcting" the truth. Look at the stats, Watch gamefilm. I'm sorry you're still bitter about something that happened 11 years ago.

Maybe it wouldnt have been a shared title had Peyton and Fat Phil not have thrown the game away............

dont mention peyton and fat phil together, one is still going the other should have quit awhile ago but finally got forced out the door, which had to be greased in bacon fat just so he'd fit.

Nope we northern folks just move south to take it over as wellplus we take away ur women with our high payin jobs..

Look we are foremost all americans and we should be proud of that

Look i played I@ Notre Dame trips to the big house, etc but I can tell you a fan at a nothern idaho is just as passionate as all these other major schools.

Well take some of that money from your high payin job and buy a CoachT membership, you freckin free loading YANKEE!