South Pitt vs Tyner

OLD PIRATE

So, the "Marion" team that showed up last night could beat South Pitt? Is that what you are saying PG?

Not what I'm saying at all... not what I said after the game in week 1. I said then and I'll say it again, SP is a very good team and has some great athletes..... They should do very well again this year...... What I am saying, if ya'll pay attention long enough to comprehend, is that the Marion team that played last night would not have lost to SP by 35.... It would have been a much closer and much more interesting game to watch.... How hard is that to understand?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not what I'm saying at all... not what I said after the game in week 1. I said then and I'll say it again, SP is a very good team and has some great athletes..... They should do very well again this year...... What I am saying, if ya'll pay attention long enough to comprehend, is that the Marion team that played last night would not have lost to SP by 35.... It would have been a much closer and much more interesting game to watch.... How hard is that to understand?

South Pitt is a legit 35 points better than Jasper. It has already been proven.

You always have a comment that is based on fact ,PurpleGrad.Kudo's to you.You are a class and knowledgeable act.Tyner is good but not so physical.The Pirates are very physical.We know #16 very well.I don't know if Tyner wants to get down and nasty like the Pirates.Just like last year.Here's hoping for a great and injury free game.Pirates by 2 tds. at least.

Thanks for the compliment.... I said earlier that I believe that SP will win this game because overall team speed and offensive schemes are definitely in SP's favor. I also agree that SP will hit harder but I don't think Tyner will be afraid to bump heads.... SP just can't let the outcome of the Marion/SP game and the Marion/Tyner game give them any false sense of security about this game.... Again, I give the edge to SP and predict that the Pirates will win by 14....

Tyner had three more penalties than Marion. Tyner had no interceptions and fumbled three times losing but one. Marion had two interceptions and fumbled three times losing two (both of which were DEEP inside Ram territory). Nice try explaining why Marion "got lucky" to win this game... like everything else it's just fiction.... Marion was it's own worst enemy or the score could have been MUCH more lop-sided....

After the Marion/SP game I said that the Marion team that showed up in Beene Stadium was not the same Marion team that we saw in scrimmages and practices.... I was accused by many SP fans as wearing a certain style of glasses.... The game last night shows what I was talking about..... Time for Marion to move on and take care of the rest of the season... And I'm certain that they will do that....

Good luck to the Pirates..... looking forward to watching you in the Boro.... Peace! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Believe it or not buddy I was pulling for Jasper. Read my other post in In the Jasper- Tyner thread. I didn't say Jasper got lucky they out played Tyner. In my other post I refered To Jasper As Mc for the first time ever out of respect for the players, but post like yours above I think I will change my mind again. Don't like to post anything negative about any team I give Jasper it's due they played hard and won the game. That being said I wasn't really impressed with Tyner, maybe I don't anything about football then again maybe I do! Maybe you need to take off your glasses when reading my posts.

Where is Old Pirate tonight? He must be watching his Auburn Tigers. They are trying to pull out a sqeaker down at Jordan Hare. Heck...OP might even be down there. If the AU Tigers pull it out, OP could be spotted rolling Toomer's Corner.

Old Pirate has been watching the War Eagles get beat by LSU. OP says Brad Lester getting hurt could slow the Tigers next week against them Vols. Heck OP feels bad.......................but mercy them Tenn Folks must feel like breaking out the moon shine and tying a big one on. Tenn is flat out terrible, don't think their QB could start for Whitwell.

OP says the Warriors have really stirred up a bunch of trouble for the Pirates. Heck OP was pulling for them Jasper folks, should have known they would stir up some trouble if given a chance. OP says the Pirates better rest good tonight and tomorrow night then hit the ground running come Monday. OP sure don't want to here them Jasper folks bragging that their lose to the Mighty Pirates was simply an off night for their warriors.

Old Pirate has been watching the War Eagles get beat by LSU. OP says Brad Lester getting hurt could slow the Tigers next week against them Vols. Heck OP feels bad.......................but mercy them Tenn Folks must feel like breaking out the moon shine and tying a big one on. Tenn is flat out terrible, don't think their QB could start for Whitwell.

OP says the Warriors have really stirred up a bunch of trouble for the Pirates. Heck OP was pulling for them Jasper folks, should have known they would stir up some trouble if given a chance. OP says the Pirates better rest good tonight and tomorrow night then hit the ground running come Monday. OP sure don't want to here them Jasper folks bragging that their lose to the Mighty Pirates was simply an off night for their warriors.

HeY OP. Did the Pirates crrect some of the penalty issues last night. Went to the game up the rosd and haven't heard to much about the game except the score?

Looks like a long season for the vols.

SP 42

Tyner 7

Tyner has allowed every team this year to stay in games due to turnovers. Almost lost to Bledsoe, but they did not capitalize on the turnovers. Marion did last night. The pattern I have seen in every game is turnovers after turnovers. SP will capitalize and cruise in this contest. I hope the Rams prove me wrong.

HeY OP. Did the Pirates crrect some of the penalty issues last night. Went to the game up the rosd and haven't heard to much about the game except the score?

Looks like a long season for the vols.

Old Pirate hung around until the second quarter. SP had about 9-10 offensive plays and had scored 7 TDs. Not much of a game down at the Speedway. OP went to Jasper to watch that game, saw a number of Pirate fans there pulling for them jasper boys.

Tenn is just awlful on the offensive side of the ball. Them War Eagles will send the Vols twirling out of control next week @ 1-3 and on their way to a loosing season. Don't take OP wrong, OP pulls for Tenn but jiminey crickets it painful for OP too watch them vols stink up the field soooooooooooo.

Tenn will loose to Auburn,Ga,Bama,Vandy and maybe Kentucky. The Tenn fans will be talking basketball in about 1 more week.

SP 42

Tyner 7

Tyner has allowed every team this year to stay in games due to turnovers. Almost lost to Bledsoe, but they did not capitalize on the turnovers. Marion did last night. The pattern I have seen in every game is turnovers after turnovers. SP will capitalize and cruise in this contest. I hope the Rams prove me wrong.

Come on Tynerfan99,

Trying to use some reverse psychology. It's not going to be that bad. I could see a 14 point game going either way.