South Pitt vs Tyner

OLD PIRATE

I agree with powerp. Pirate players, please do not think that we are going to roll into Bob Evans stadium and mash the Rams. Just because we mashed Jasper and Jasper beat Tyner doesn't mean that we are going to beat Tyner. It is going to be a hard fought game. Practice hard this week and don't put on the rose colored glasses.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be up to the Pirate coaches to come up with a game plan as great as the Warriors to be able to beat Tyner. When you invade somebody elses home you better bring all of your artillery with you. I know Tyner will be ready,will the Pirates. Pirate fans please don't get on here and start posting some crazy scores. Just remember what Temple did to us a few years back..

I agree with powerp. Pirate players, please do not think that we are going to roll into Bob Evans stadium and mash the Rams. Just because we mashed Jasper and Jasper beat Tyner doesn't mean that we are going to beat Tyner. It is going to be a hard fought game. Practice hard this week and don't put on the rose colored glasses.

Nonsense Pirates, put those glasses on. This poster last week claimed Marion fans worn the same type eyewear if they thought the Warriors could beat Tyner. Well, it happened, and might I add, the view through them is mighty bright this morning. This King is clueless. He is correct on practicing hard this week. The trip to Tyner will not be a picnic.

Who is the King really?

NO UsArmy it was not a different team. I am pretty sure all the same guys played in both games. The SP & Marion game was about what it should have been. I have a sneaky suspicion that Tyner was overlooking Marion County tonight and it cost them. I guarantee everyone will see a "Different" Tyner team next week. Hopefully SP fans know that this game will be a war. Flukes happen sometimes in football. If SP doesn't play to their potential it could be a long night next Friday.

That was no fluke last night the MIGHTY WARRIORS out played Tyner. I just hope the pirates are ready for the rams, they will be out for the kill since they are coming off a major upset. Coach Vic better step it up at practice this week or the pirates may lose their first game of the season. Way to go Warriors keep up the good work!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I CANT WAIT FOR THIS ONE AFTER A HUGE LOSS FOR TYNER THEY WILL BE LOOKING FOR REVENGE AND WHAT BETTER TEAM TO COME BACK AFTER A HUGE LOSS AND BEAT OTHER THAN SOUTH PITTSBURG

I DONT THINK IT WILL HAPPEN FROM WHAT I SEEN LAST NIGHT AT THE JASPER GAME TYNER IS NOT AS GOOD AS THEY WERE LAST SEASON

SP 48 TYNER 13

LET ME HEAR YOUR PREDICTION

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I CANT WAIT FOR THIS ONE AFTER A HUGE LOSS FOR TYNER THEY WILL BE LOOKING FOR REVENGE AND WHAT BETTER TEAM TO COME BACK AFTER A HUGE LOSS AND BEAT OTHER THAN SOUTH PITTSBURG

I DONT THINK IT WILL HAPPEN FROM WHAT I SEEN LAST NIGHT AT THE JASPER GAME TYNER IS NOT AS GOOD AS THEY WERE LAST SEASON

SP 48 TYNER 13

LET ME HEAR YOUR PREDICTION

After watching the Tyner game last night one thing stood out. Tyner breaks tackles and we will have to wrap up and stay in our zones to prevent all the miss direction Tyner runs. I think we can pass on Tyner but their defence persues well and getting outside on them could prove to be difficult... Tyner was it's worst enemy last night several turnovers and had several peniltes. They do have speed at the skill postions and # 16 is a hoss. If we bring our A game and cut down on mistakes I think we will be all right. Tyner has big Tackles but looked a little slow but they did do a pretty good job on shutting down the off tackle stuff. Coach Boeck did a good job of keeping them off balance in the second half which opened up the run game for them in the second half. I believe the Pirates will have to dedicate them selfs to play a physical game. I think the key will be not to let Tyner get any momentum it seemed to me that they played in spurts.

After watching the Tyner game last night one thing stood out. Tyner breaks tackles and we will have to wrap up and stay in our zones to prevent all the miss direction Tyner runs. I think we can pass on Tyner but their defence persues well and getting outside on them could prove to be difficult... Tyner was it's worst enemy last night several turnovers and had several peniltes. They do have speed at the skill postions and # 16 is a hoss. If we bring our A game and cut down on mistakes I think we will be all right. Tyner has big Tackles but looked a little slow but they did do a pretty good job on shutting down the off tackle stuff. Coach Boeck did a good job of keeping them off balance in the second half which opened up the run game for them in the second half. I believe the Pirates will have to dedicate them selfs to play a physical game. I think the key will be not to let Tyner get any momentum it seemed to me that they played in spurts.

I thought tyner looked bulker big strong, but not as quick, from last years team.

It will be up to the Pirate coaches to come up with a game plan as great as the Warriors to be able to beat Tyner. When you invade somebody elses home you better bring all of your artillery with you. I know Tyner will be ready,will the Pirates. Pirate fans please don't get on here and start posting some crazy scores. Just remember what Temple did to us a few years back..

About Temple.They had to forfit that game because they cheated. I'll assure you there won't be any let down.Temple relinquished all games played 2006.

Tyner had three more penalties than Marion. Tyner had no interceptions and fumbled three times losing but one. Marion had two interceptions and fumbled three times losing two (both of which were DEEP inside Ram territory). Nice try explaining why Marion "got lucky" to win this game... like everything else it's just fiction.... Marion was it's own worst enemy or the score could have been MUCH more lop-sided....

After the Marion/SP game I said that the Marion team that showed up in Beene Stadium was not the same Marion team that we saw in scrimmages and practices.... I was accused by many SP fans as wearing a certain style of glasses.... The game last night shows what I was talking about..... Time for Marion to move on and take care of the rest of the season... And I'm certain that they will do that....

Good luck to the Pirates..... looking forward to watching you in the Boro.... Peace! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tyner had three more penalties than Marion. Tyner had no interceptions and fumbled three times losing but one. Marion had two interceptions and fumbled three times losing two (both of which were DEEP inside Ram territory). Nice try explaining why Marion "got lucky" to win this game... like everything else it's just fiction.... Marion was it's own worst enemy or the score could have been MUCH more lop-sided....

After the Marion/SP game I said that the Marion team that showed up in Beene Stadium was not the same Marion team that we saw in scrimmages and practices.... I was accused by many SP fans as wearing a certain style of glasses.... The game last night shows what I was talking about..... Time for Marion to move on and take care of the rest of the season... And I'm certain that they will do that....

Good luck to the Pirates..... looking forward to watching you in the Boro.... Peace! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So, the "Marion" team that showed up last night could beat South Pitt? Is that what you are saying PG?

You always have a comment that is based on fact ,PurpleGrad.Kudo's to you.You are a class and knowledgeable act.Tyner is good but not so physical.The Pirates are very physical.We know #16 very well.I don't know if Tyner wants to get down and nasty like the Pirates.Just like last year.Here's hoping for a great and injury free game.Pirates by 2 tds. at least.