Rhea County and McMinn

supereagle

So you all just want to jump on and off the bandwagon.If we win your in and if we lose you all can get off and tell us why we lost.Sounds like good fans to me.I think i will just support the program either way and help when i can.I know the booster club needs a lot of help if anyone would like to help out and has time to break away from the computer.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about having trouble getting your passes off. We're too stupid to rush more than 3. 5 on 3 is pretty good odds for you all.

That being said, Tallent has a break out performance tomorrow night. I've got a feeling it will be a high scoring affair. Is a pretty good pick. I'll take Rhea county 31-28.

They may get the passes off but I assure you from what I've seen that #28 is a beast and has a motor that doesn't quit til the play is dead so as far as pressure they will get some on the QB.#71 and #54 are also coming into their own with that said there will be enough pressure and Supereagle if you only rush 3 that leaves 8 to defend 5 on the pass so the odds should be in our favor you think.

So you all just want to jump on and off the bandwagon.If we win your in and if we lose you all can get off and tell us why we lost.Sounds like good fans to me.I think i will just support the program either way and help when i can.I know the booster club needs a lot of help if anyone would like to help out and has time to break away from the computer.

What bandwagon? I can't find anyone here who isn't pulling for the team to win every time they play. Most of these guys are former players who have both 'been there' and 'done that'... and yes, they probably have a t-shirt (or ten) to prove it. I'm not sure how criticism makes these guys lesser fans, especially considering that they've run, bled and puked for this team just like anybody else who has worn the green and gold.

For the record, Rhea has used some 4 and 5 man fronts to stop the run and get pressure. (See Soddy game.) Hopefully this epiphany will not soon be forgotten.

I think this will be a pretty good football game Friday night. Throw the records out for this one. McMinn could have very easily won that Cleveland game from what I've heard. This one will show what the Eagles are made of.

Rhea 23

McMinn 20

They may get the passes of but I assure you from what I've seen that #28 is a beast and has a motor that doesn't quit til the play is dead so as far as pressure they will get some on the QB.#71 and #54 are also coming into their own with that said there will be enough pressure and Supereagle if you only rush 3 that leaves 8 to defend 5 on the pass so the odds should be in our favor you think.

Correct buddy! Our defensive front, especially England, has played very well this year. The fact of the matter is is that, on any passing play, the offense can devote three players to blocking him. It's hard for him to be effective when triple teamed. Without the speed from Tallent off the edge that we had last year the defense gets very little pressure. You can either fix this by:

A ) biltzing like crazy

B ) putting another linemen down

In my opinion the spread type of offense that teams run nowadays is almost impossible to defend. It doesn't matter how many people you have in coverage, if the QB has all day to throw it then someone is going to come open eventually. In high school, the best way to slow it down is to get pressure on the QB and force him to make bad decisions. Just my two cents.