Rhea County and McMinn

supereagle

Cleveland will hang 100 on us if Fitzgerald dont get his head out of his butt on defense! That was AWFUL.

Cleveland will hang 100 on us if Fitzgerald dont get his head out of his butt on defense! That was AWFUL.

I believe we are playing Walker Valley next, unless I missed something.Some of you people kill me!

Being a hater of our staff is more DETRIMENTAL than anything.If the fans don't believe in the coaches

how do you expect the kids too if all they hear is negativity.I hope you people realize that some of those

players read these post and you know it would help if they could see some positive things put on here about

the staff.The coaches can't put the pads on and go out an execute for these kids.The season begins this week

so why don't we be a little more positive. TO ALL HATERS-IS EVERYTHING YOU DO IN YOUR LIFE PERFECT?(I DON'T THINK SO)

SO DON'T EXPECT THE STAFF OR THE PLAYERS TO BE PERFECT EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If go to my job and continually make the same stupid mistakes guess what; I get fired. No ones demanding perfection! I'm just requesting some common sense.

I hate to break it to you, but very few if any of those players believe those coaches anyway. I have some close family on the team, and am friends with the parents of many of the players and that's the general consensus of just about all of them. They don't believe in them like we believed in Horton. Who could blame them with that mess last night?

And you Mr.DONTKNOWFOOTBALL need to take off your green and gold glasses and accept the truth! Yeah I love Rhea County football but them coaches are TERRIBLE.

TRUTH IS LAST NIGHT IS LAST NIGHT THIS WEEK IS THIS WEEK AND IF YOU DON'T REALIZE THAT YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED A DOWN................

I'M VERY IMPRESSED WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE CALENDER. AND YOUR ABILITY TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS.

YEAH THAT WAS LAST NIGHT, BUT IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T EVER HEARD BEFORE "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

WELL GUESS WHAT BUD? I'VE LEARNED AND SO HAVE THE REST OF US. I GUESS YOU'RE JUST A LITTLE SLOWW.

If go to my job and continually make the same stupid mistakes guess what; I get fired. No ones demanding perfection! I'm just requesting some common sense.

I hate to break it to you, but very few if any of those players believe those coaches anyway. I have some close family on the team, and am friends with the parents of many of the players and that's the general consensus of just about all of them. They don't believe in them like we believed in Horton. Who could blame them with that mess last night?

Fitzgerald is not Coach Horton so get over it and to add to that Coach Horton had a heck of a lot more all around talent than Fitzgerald does(as far as players and staff). Coach Horton had players with good size and decent speed in all positions not just a few like the teams of recent believe me I was part of some of those teams.

Now, if the players didn't believe in the staff,why do they spend time lifting,running,and practicing?

What is the dedication for if they don't believe in the staff?If I don't believe in something or someone

I'm sure not going to dedicate myself!

If your a real fan of Rhea County Football go back to the 80's early 90's and show me a team of recent that could line up with any of those teams from yesteryear.(since you love going back to the past so much on your post)

Today is a different world there are kids walking the halls and at the games that should be on the field but

are the coaches to blame for that?NO,it falls back on the parents.The staff have what they have to work with

and from the overall talent I've seen they have done a heck of a job with it.

Fitzgerald is the coach like it or not . If he was to have a team go 15-0 there would still be a hater talking about what he should have done.Hey,I have an idea why don't you go put in for the coaching job next time it is open and lets see what kind of program you put together.

Ur the one living in the past buddy. You believe this county just up and stopped producing athletes? The scouts at MTSU and UT think differently. These coaches have had all sorts of talent but it's underutilized and not developed right. Go back and read that one guys post about all the players we have in college playing. Don't tell me we don't have talent.

super revive and eagle pride it is clear to me that it has nothing to do with the coaches ability you all have something personal against them and thats fine you can go on these boards and not find any body for any team as negative as you are and we are 4 -1.80% of the teams in the state would love to change places with us. Yes it was not a good effort by anyone last night. If anybody has green and gold glasses on it is you three. You keep talking about what coach horton did and what he did was great. From 85-89 it was great. But there is no way you can look on that field and see jimmy hampton, andy kelly, jesse messimer, charles benton, jamie pankey, fitzgerald, jason monday, scott and todd thurman, kevin sheble, should I go on!!!!!

I stood in the endzone and looked at the teams granted we have some good players with a.j. moffett and walker but we physically look nothing like those mcminn kids. I would love to win every game but in football that just does not happen.I guess pete carroll is a horrible coach USC gave up 186 yds to a 5'6' true frosh thursday night. super and revive you two act like you are geniuses yet in yalls time at Rhea you hardly ever saw the field. YOU ARE GROWN MEN IF YOU R FORMER PLAYERS GO TALK TO COACH FITZGERALD ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS AND QUIT HIDING BEHIND SCREEN NAMES ON A MESSAGE BOARD! Good luck to the golden eagles this week lets beat Walker Valley.

Legend I agree with you about how you don't look around and find the same type of athletes you had back in that era. 100% agree with you. I'm not trying to argue that fact. I see Ryan Hackler, Matt Riggs, James Garmany, Casey McKinnon, Brandon McLeroy, Kevin Revis, Cory Wilson, Justin Hilliard, Caleb Wilson, and Julian Sharp. We've had great athletes brother. I don't think that we play to our full potential, and that's the biggest thing that bothers me about Rhea County Football. You look at players from just last years team: Sharp, Tallent, Hackler, Anderson, even McLeroy to some degree all were underutilized.

It's honestly nothing personal against the coaches. I hardly even know them. I'm sure they are all fine men, but I just see a lot of flawed logic in their coaching. I heard many a scream about how stupid the 3-5-3 defense last night from the stands. So I'm not the only one who feels this way. Do you assume all those people have personal issues with the coaches? Of course not, they just want (like you and I) to see this team be successful. I love Rhea County Football. I wouldn't spend half my work day on this website if I didn't (haha). I don't feel at all that I'm "hiding behind a screen name on message boards". If it wouldn't effect members of my family I wouldn't care to throw my name out there.

Let me ask you a simple question and give me an honest answer.

What do you think about that defense last night? Did you think we looked like a well coached team? Do we look fundamentally sound? Give me an honest answer please.

Ur the one living in the past buddy. You believe this county just up and stopped producing athletes? The scouts at MTSU and UT think differently. These coaches have had all sorts of talent but it's underutilized and not developed right. Go back and read that one guys post about all the players we have in college playing. Don't tell me we don't have talent.

If you could read you would have seen in my post that Coach Horton had more overall talent when he coached,I said nothing about athletes talent is what I said.As far as MTSU and UT Mac is at MTSU and Walker is headed there.

Kevin is headed to UT.Let me tell you size has a lot to do with why these guys are going D-I.These are lineman not skilled position players.What skilled position player have we had in recent times that went on to the next level to a big time school?Fill me in I would love to know.

FYI, UT and MTSU are not the only schools that scout do your homework.

Legend I agree with you about how you don't look around and find the same type of athletes you had back in that era. 100% agree with you. I'm not trying to argue that fact. I see Ryan Hackler, Matt Riggs, James Garmany, Casey McKinnon, Brandon McLeroy, Kevin Revis, Cory Wilson, Justin Hilliard, Caleb Wilson, and Julian Sharp. We've had great athletes brother. I don't think that we play to our full potential, and that's the biggest thing that bothers me about Rhea County Football. You look at players from just last years team: Sharp, Tallent, Hackler, Anderson, even McLeroy to some degree all were underutilized.

It's honestly nothing personal against the coaches. I hardly even know them. I'm sure they are all fine men, but I just see a lot of flawed logic in their coaching. I heard many a scream about how stupid the 3-5-3 defense last night from the stands. So I'm not the only one who feels this way. Do you assume all those people have personal issues with the coaches? Of course not, they just want (like you and I) to see this team be successful. I love Rhea County Football. I wouldn't spend half my work day on this website if I didn't (haha). I don't feel at all that I'm "hiding behind a screen name on message boards". If it wouldn't effect members of my family I wouldn't care to throw my name out there.

What do you think about that defense last night? Did you think we looked like a well coached team? Do we look fundamentally sound? Give me an honest answer please.

3-5-3 was designed to beat the spead offense,when your athletes do not tackle I don't care what kind of defense your in you will give up yardage and points. GOOGLE 3-5-3 defense and you will see for yourself.Again why is it always about last night and last year it is about Walker Valley.You've never played a down I can see that through your post.

super revive and eagle pride it is clear to me that it has nothing to do with the coaches ability you all have something personal against them and thats fine you can go on these boards and not find any body for any team as negative as you are and we are 4 -1.80% of the teams in the state would love to change places with us. Yes it was not a good effort by anyone last night. If anybody has green and gold glasses on it is you three. You keep talking about what coach horton did and what he did was great. From 85-89 it was great. But there is no way you can look on that field and see jimmy hampton, andy kelly, jesse messimer, charles benton, jamie pankey, fitzgerald, jason monday, scott and todd thurman, kevin sheble, should I go on!!!!!

I stood in the endzone and looked at the teams granted we have some good players with a.j. moffett and walker but we physically look nothing like those mcminn kids. I would love to win every game but in football that just does not happen.I guess pete carroll is a horrible coach USC gave up 186 yds to a 5'6' true frosh thursday night. super and revive you two act like you are geniuses yet in yalls time at Rhea you hardly ever saw the field. YOU ARE GROWN MEN IF YOU R FORMER PLAYERS GO TALK TO COACH FITZGERALD ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS AND QUIT HIDING BEHIND SCREEN NAMES ON A MESSAGE BOARD! Good luck to the golden eagles this week lets beat Walker Valley.

Another one that is talking some sense,Thank God! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Bojo Watson,Jason Smith,Gary Wilkerson(R.I.P.),Barry Wilkerson,Stump Roddy,Eddie Davis,Devin Keist,Bubba Beasly,Derrick Howerton,Gary Reeves,Steve Cochran,Tim Rothwell, the list is longer but enough said.............

It's honestly nothing personal against the coaches. I hardly even know them. I'm sure they are all fine men, but I just see a lot of flawed logic in their coaching. I heard many a scream about how stupid the 3-5-3 defense last night from the stands. So I'm not the only one who feels this way. Do you assume all those people have personal issues with the coaches? Of course not, they just want (like you and I) to see this team be successful. I love Rhea County Football. I wouldn't spend half my work day on this website if I didn't (haha). I don't feel at all that I'm "hiding behind a screen name on message boards". If it wouldn't effect members of my family I wouldn't care to throw my name out there. Must be able to knock passes down that are just thrown up in the air.

I thought offensively they looked fine except for the two crucial turnovers. I like how we came out aggressive to start the game. If they don't fumble at the end of the 1st half they may be up 14 at the half. Thought our punter and kicker was good. Defensively I don't thimk the scheme is the problem. They ran some three and four man front. If you cant make a one on one tackle or you can't make a tackle on a short pass thats a problem don't care what the scheme is you have to be athletic enough to tackle 4 and 5 yd completions shouldn't hurt you. you talk about stopping the run according to the paper we had more yds rushing than mcminn and they played a four man front all night. Must be athletic enough to tackle in open field.