Rhea County and McMinn

supereagle

Offense looked good against the best D we've seen all year. We finally made some sophomore mistakes on O, but we'll get better. The trick play and onside kick took some brass ones. I like it.

As for the D, as much as I hate to say it, it doesn't matter what D you're in if you can't tackle. We didn't tackle well at all. We had chances at some picks and missed them. I would also note that the 4 man front did a better job than the 3 man front at stopping the zone read up the middle.

Speaking of which, mentioning the fact that the 4-3 is better than the vaunted 3-5-3, is not a "gutless ripping of the coaches", its a FACT. I would love to see somebody put up a side by side comparison to show which is most effective just to prove the point here.

Rhea Co., being someone who reads the minds of these players, you may be the most qualified to "get in their heads" and make us a better football team. (Yes, that was sarcasm)

Here's to hoping that we put that fourth man on the D-line, wrap up ballcarriers, keep on keepin' on offensively and whip Walker Valley!

Go Eagles!

This maybe a first, I actually agree with what Rusty is saying. As for seeing how effecient the 3 vs. the 4 man front is, Coach Davis probably could figure that out. He does keep up with the stats and all.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we're just all to stupid to understand why you think we're stupid. (That logic really adds up doesn't it). So if you say I'm not so smart then I'll "take it like a man" and accept your opinion. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

If I said it once I've said it a million times, if we ended up 14-1 in Mufreesborogh then I'd be proven wrong. Would I be dissapointed? Heck No! I would be overjoyed. In my opinion, Fitzgerald does not have the football know-how to stop Red Bank, Cleveland, Maryville, Henry County, Hillsboro, or Morristown East. I believe we have the talent to be at least competitive with all the above mentioned schools, just not the X's and O's.

And for the record:

Dropped passes, interceptions, missed tackles, fumbles, etc. are all breakdowns in fundamentals. You can't expect a team to be perfect, but excessive amounts of these mistakes show a lack of discipline. All you say that it's the players fault for missing tackles. In my opinion, it's the coaches responsibility to make sure that his players can play fundamentally sound football. I understand that time to time mistakes happen, but it all comes down to discipline, and I don't think we're a disciplined football team. From watching warm-ups, to the way the players are dressed, to the way they perform, I don't see the type of discipline that is associated with a championship team.

In my opinion, that is the one thing as a coach that you have control over. Discipline. You may have a severe lack of talent, you may be dumb as a brick, but you sure as heck can have a disciplined football team.

Just my ignorant two cents.

The first quarter of the Mcminn game, Rhea looked as well coach as any other team we have played this year. the onside kick was awsome with the fake and then came back with again. the half back pass was great but i guess the players just thought that up. I dont feel you guys were out coach at all , maybe Mcminn had a few more better players or we just made afew more big plays like the pray our qb threw in the third quarter for a td. That throw has been intercepted two or three times against bigger teams like ooltewah and farragut.

Offense looked good against the best D we've seen all year. We finally made some sophomore mistakes on O, but we'll get better. The trick play and onside kick took some brass ones. I like it.

As for the D, as much as I hate to say it, it doesn't matter what D you're in if you can't tackle. We didn't tackle well at all. We had chances at some picks and missed them. I would also note that the 4 man front did a better job than the 3 man front at stopping the zone read up the middle.

Speaking of which, mentioning the fact that the 4-3 is better than the vaunted 3-5-3, is not a "gutless ripping of the coaches", its a FACT. I would love to see somebody put up a side by side comparison to show which is most effective just to prove the point here.

Rhea Co., being someone who reads the minds of these players, you may be the most qualified to "get in their heads" and make us a better football team. (Yes, that was sarcasm)

Here's to hoping that we put that fourth man on the D-line, wrap up ballcarriers, keep on keepin' on offensively and whip Walker Valley!

Go Eagles!

Great Post Rusty.

The combination of too many dropped passes, too many missed tackles (regardless the alignment) and a couple of big play breakdowns on 3rd down were part of the problem. When a team plays a diffucult early schedule like McMinn has this year, usually one of two things happens: Either they get beat up and have a lot of players hurt the rest of the year or they come out tuff as nails and it helps them down the road. I don't know how healthy McMinn was Friday night but they were the more physical team in the second half. You could tell that McMinn had been in some battles and it paid off for them. This game should help the eagles get ready for the difficult and most important part of the schedule (including the playoffs). It was better to learn our lessons against McMinn than Walker Valley, Red Bank or Cleveland.

"What don't kill you makes you stronger"

Great Post Rusty.

The combination of too many dropped passes, too many missed tackles (regardless the alignment) and a couple of big play breakdowns on 3rd down were part of the problem. When a team plays a diffucult early schedule like McMinn has this year, usually one of two things happens: Either they get beat up and have a lot of players hurt the rest of the year or they come out tuff as nails and it helps them down the road. I don't know how healthy McMinn was Friday night but they were the more physical team in the second half. You could tell that McMinn had been in some battles and it paid off for them. This game should help the eagles get ready for the difficult and most important part of the schedule (including the playoffs). It was better to learn our lessons against McMinn than Walker Valley, Red Bank or Cleveland.

"What don't kill you makes you stronger"

AMEN

The first quarter of the Mcminn game, Rhea looked as well coach as any other team we have played this year. the onside kick was awsome with the fake and then came back with again. the half back pass was great but i guess the players just thought that up. I dont feel you guys were out coach at all , maybe Mcminn had a few more better players or we just made afew more big plays like the pray our qb threw in the third quarter for a td. That throw has been intercepted two or three times against bigger teams like ooltewah and farragut.

AMEN