Rhea County and McMinn

supereagle

After a great 4-0 start, do the Eagle's get beat by the Kees again? McMinn can't be overlooked, no matter what their record is, and hopefully the boys in green and gold have learned that. Can Tallent and the receivers continue to play well against good teams? Can we establish the running game? This is a big game for the boys. Let's hear the scouting report Rhea Co..

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after coming off a good win over Brainerd we are flying high heading into McMinn. McMinn on the other hand is having some trouble this year. McMinn is a good team though even though their record would not show it. I wonder if the two players that walked off the field a few games back are going to try to rejoin or if they are done for good? Now as for the rest of McMinn their offense is a spread offense that can run the ball really well and pass it pretty good to if their QB Cy Ables time. Cy Ables is a big QB at 6'4 210. Pretty good looking athlete from what I have seen. The running back is very good in Delano Ellison, he is dangerous in the open field and he also is a linebacker. Another player to watch is Tevin McDermott (Trace's little brother) 6'0 185. He is a good target for Ables, and once McDermott catches the ball he has some good speed to get down field. McDermott is also a DB. McMinn does have a good kicker in Stephen Stansell. Last year made 81 of 91 PATs and made 10 out of 12 FGs. Josh Simpson is a solid receiver he is a 3 year starter returning, and a very good DB too. They don't have many big linemen on defense or offense in Nathan Carroll 5'11 232, Phillip Wilburn 6'0 210, Andy Singleton 5'9 200, and Austin Arnwine 5'10 250. Carroll is the only returning senior lineman. He plays both offense and defense. Wilburn is a good defensive end. Another defense linemen to watch is Donovan Starr.

Don't under estimate this McMinn team they are a good team even though they have played a very hard schedule up to this point. Rhea just needs to go and take care of business again, and go to 5-0. Keys for Rhea is play solid defense, contain the ground game, but also get to Ables and make him feel the heat. Offense wise just keep doing what they do. Cam just has to keep playing smart, A.J. needs a big game, Moffett and Rice just need to keep running hard. They also need to keep hanging on to the ball and no stupid penalties. If they can put together another solid game then they should keep winning.

Another McDermott? God help us. I have a feeling that McMinn is a very solid football team. They may be the best team that Rhea has seen up to this point. Our defense has been suspect so far this season. It's time to get things fixed before we get to weeks 8 and 9, and if we can do that then this team is going to have a special season because we just have too many weapons on offense to be stopped.

Another McDermott? God help us. I have a feeling that McMinn is a very solid football team. They may be the best team that Rhea has seen up to this point. Our defense has been suspect so far this season. It's time to get things fixed before we get to weeks 8 and 9, and if we can do that then this team is going to have a special season because we just have too many weapons on offense to be stopped.

Yeap another McDermott. He played against us alittle last year. They will be the best team that we will play out of the first 5 games. Soddy was a good team but McMinn maybe better, I know they have better athletes then Soddy. Yeah the defense is still getting there. Just need to keep getting better and better every week. Henschen #71 finally started to get comfortable at DE. I mean he rarely played JV last year and now he is starting this year, but he is starting to turn it on. Kenize is just a sophomore so I am pretty happy with his play for being as young as he is. What else can be said about Joey. He is just incredible, he is playing lights out every week. Linebacker wise I think they will be fine. Price is playing great. Finch is getting there just needs to wrap up. Newt played hard last night and I think he is starting play like last year. The secondary just dosn't need to give up the big play. Like last night that long pass that Williams caught for Brainerd. I believe they gave only 151 and less than 50 in the second half. So I'm not to worried about the defense, I think they will rise up and play from here on out. Agreed we got until week 8 and 9 in region play to hit on all cylinders. If we can do that I see a long play-off run. Also week 6 maybe a tough game too, but I like I said from day one, lets take it one game at a time.

Our defense gives up a lot of yardage but they are getting better every week,football is one week/game at a time I doubt the coaches or the players are thinking about week 8 and 9 at this point if they are it is going to be our demise.

Our offense can play with any team as long as there is protection for Cam and holes for whomever is carrying the rock. This team lost Revis against Hixon and played from behind.We blocked a PAT and held of Soddy from a last

minute surge.This past week we overcame an early turnover and kept things rolling.With all that said this team has proven they can deal with adversity.I've heard a lot of people say we have not played a good team when a lot of people don't realize how good this team really is.They are not a great team yet but they sure are a good team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well after coming off a good win over Brainerd we are flying high heading into McMinn. McMinn on the other hand is having some trouble this year. McMinn is a good team though even though their record would not show it. I wonder if the two players that walked off the field a few games back are going to try to rejoin or if they are done for good? Now as for the rest of McMinn their offense is a spread offense that can run the ball really well and pass it pretty good to if their QB Cy Ables time. Cy Ables is a big QB at 6'4 210. Pretty good looking athlete from what I have seen. The running back is very good in Delano Ellison, he is dangerous in the open field and he also is a linebacker. Another player to watch is Tevin McDermott (Trace's little brother) 6'0 185. He is a good target for Ables, and once McDermott catches the ball he has some good speed to get down field. McDermott is also a DB. McMinn does have a good kicker in Stephen Stansell. Last year made 81 of 91 PATs and made 10 out of 12 FGs. Josh Simpson is a solid receiver he is a 3 year starter returning, and a very good DB too. They don't have many big linemen on defense or offense in Nathan Carroll 5'11 232, Phillip Wilburn 6'0 210, Andy Singleton 5'9 200, and Austin Arnwine 5'10 250. Carroll is the only returning senior lineman. He plays both offense and defense. Wilburn is a good defensive end. Another defense linemen to watch is Donovan Starr.

Don't under estimate this McMinn team they are a good team even though they have played a very hard schedule up to this point. Rhea just needs to go and take care of business again, and go to 5-0. Keys for Rhea is play solid defense, contain the ground game, but also get to Ables and make him feel the heat. Offense wise just keep doing what they do. Cam just has to keep playing smart, A.J. needs a big game, Moffett and Rice just need to keep running hard. They also need to keep hanging on to the ball and no stupid penalties. If they can put together another solid game then they should keep winning.

How mobile is McMinn's QB?

That would be Caleb Sherrill, the JV quarterback I believe. I don't think he would go in if something happened to Tallent. My guess is that it goes back to either Davis or Swafford, and if it comes down to that, I would hope to goodness that the coaches don't make the same stupid decision they made last year. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

That would be Caleb Sherrill, the JV quarterback I believe. I don't think he would go in if something happened to Tallent. My guess is that it goes back to either Davis or Swafford, and if it comes down to that, I would hope to goodness that the coaches don't make the same stupid decision they made last year. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Yeah Sherrill is just JV. Davis would go in if anything happens to Cam. But I hope to never see anyone come in for Cam unless we have a big lead like at Brainerd.

just out of curiousity what was the stupid decision they made last year.. Swafford.. or Davis.. theres a topic for discussion! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />