mba vs ravenwood

whoisjeff

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of stretching it there with 10K fans aren't we? If you go to Brentwood, Franklin, Ravenwood, or Independence in Williamson County on any given night where one is playing the other, you would know what I mean...stand room only if you can find it. It would be the same at many other schools in Rutherford County and some places out in the eastern part of the state.

The point you made about 450 boys is good point which means the gate is not what it is when you play away from MBA. If you don't bring'em, then why schedule a low gate for out of district play because it doesn't help the coffers. At least BA brings a decent crowd and we return the favor much more. As you mention, it just the way it is and it is a known fact for future scheduling.

Your comment on the lack of interest from MBA...I'll have to think about that one and the players and coaches included in the lack of interest category with this 18 game winning streak? Life is good at MBA with Dan & Company.

You think we can swap sides or we will have to pull a Gallatin??¦sit on both sides. It might be fun to mingle, then again Ravenwood fans could have a lack of interest as well. I'm sure MBA and Ravenwood schedule each other for their lack interest in each other. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I don't think there was a lack of interest last year. We knew that Ravenwood was a team that could ruin our season, and they could do it this year as well. I would say that 1,000 people would be about right.

I don't think you can compare the crowd we would bring with the crowd you get for BA or Brentwood or Franklin. Those are all Williamson County teams and there is history, and more community interest. Some of the fans you attribute to BA or Brentwood could really be walk-up fans from around the area. Come over to MBA when we play Ryan or BA or Ensworth. We had about 7500 for the Ryan game 2 years ago. If we brought 1000 people compare that to what you would get from some other team you are not already scheduled to play.

Kind of stretching it there with 10K fans aren't we? If you go to Brentwood, Franklin, Ravenwood, or Independence in Williamson County on any given night where one is playing the other, you would know what I mean...stand room only if you can find it. It would be the same at many other schools in Rutherford County and some places out in the eastern part of the state.

....and Centennial

I don't know which Ravenwood team will show up Friday night at MBA homecoming. It's been Jekyll and Hyde, up one week and down the next while MBA has remained very consistent with the testimony of 18 game winning streak is proof. It doesn't say much but Brentwood City champions is all Ravenwood has going for them for the first time in Brentwood City history (Brentwood H.S. doesn??™t play BA) for all three high schools.

I'm probably expecting the BA treatment at MBA??¦don??™t come here and expect to park on our campus to watch the game. It is off limits to the visiting team. Ravenwood will have to find some location way off the beaten path to even get close to the school to park. Last year game at Ravenwood was a disappointment for lack of attendance by the MBA crowd. You would think the short travel and parking would have been non-issue for MBA faithful. This adds to the reasoning that future scheduling with MBA will end after this game due to lack of gate attendance from MBA.

It's great for the team and a few mommies and daddies to show up but where are the faithful diehard fans? Privates schools Goodpasture and BA brings a way bigger crowd than the few MBA fans showing up last year. Does the MBA fans show up at least for a home game? If not, does MBA want to swap home and visitors sides for this MBA homecoming game? We would be obliged.

Regarding the fact that MBA didn't fill the stands on its side of the field in last years game...let me try to explain this again Rappy...I suspect that the MBA faithful didn't find last season's MBA-Ravenwood match-up compelling...why?...I would guess that since MBA has a long history of playing football (over 100 years) and that Ravenwood has a very short history of playing football (less than 10 years) and the fact that over the past century MBA has developed some rivals e.g. Father Ryan and Brentwood Academy some MBA fans had rather catch those types of games than the aforementioned contest...an since you can count the number of times MBA and Ravenwood have played on one hand I suspect the matchup is just not compelling to many MBA fans...JMHO.

Additionally, the tone and tenor of your post gave the impression that R'wood regularly plays before large crowds (I through out the number 10,000 because that is a large high school crowd). I mentioned Texas because I used to live there and I once attended a game between Plano and Greenville that was played in Texas Stadium before 35,000. Longview High in Longview, TX has a stadium that seats 15,000. They regularly played before 10,000 and 15,000 fans.

A large crowd for a high school game in Tennessee (where football attendance is much less than in Texas) is 5,000. Last season, MBA had two, maybe three home games (Ensworth, BA and Father Ryan) where the attendance was north of 4,000. Since R'wood's and MBA's stadiums are approximately the same size I suspect that they are seeing approximately the same attendance at their respective home games.

Even though MBA's enrollment is about 450 in grades 9 through 12, MBA's 100+ graduating classes means that MBA has many more alumni than R'wood who support MBA football than does R'wood. Therefore, one might expect MBA to draw more than it does. But I'm pleased to see that the R'wood parents and faculty support the R'wood football team as well as they do. They are to be commended.

As for parking, as mentioned by a previous poster the LAX field on the MBA campus, next to the Metro Fire Station on Harding Rd., is open to the public at 5:00 pm. Parking is free of charge. If it is full, the Westminster Presbyterian Church parking lot is available across the street. It too, is free of charge.

Brentwood Academy, Father Ryan and Ensworth bring enough fans to fill the visitors stands (about 2,400). I hope that R'wood will do the same.

Furthermore, you are more than welcome to come around 5:00 and join us for the Annual Spaghetti Supper in Currey Gymnasium. Tickets are available at the door. There will be plenty of good food and drink. Then hang out in the shady quadrangle until game time. All in all, it makes for a pleasant September evening in Middle Tennessee. (Note: the M in Middle is capitalized because Middle Tennessee is one of the three grand divisions in Tennessee per my high school English teacher.)

Regarding the fact that MBA didn't fill the stands on its side of the field in last years game...let me try to explain this again Rappy...I suspect that the MBA faithful didn't find last season's MBA-Ravenwood match-up compelling...why?...I would guess that since MBA has a long history of playing football (over 100 years) and that Ravenwood has a very short history of playing football (less than 10 years) and the fact that over the past century MBA has developed some rivals e.g. Father Ryan and Brentwood Academy some MBA fans had rather catch those types of games than the aforementioned contest...an since you can count the number of times MBA and Ravenwood have played on one hand I suspect the matchup is just not compelling to many MBA fans...JMHO.

Additionally, the tone and tenor of your post gave the impression that R'wood regularly plays before large crowds (I through out the number 10,000 because that is a large high school crowd). I mentioned Texas because I used to live there and I once attended a game between Plano and Greenville that was played in Texas Stadium before 35,000. Longview High in Longview, TX has a stadium that seats 15,000. They regularly played before 10,000 and 15,000 fans.

A large crowd for a high school game in Tennessee (where football attendance is much less than in Texas) is 5,000. Last season, MBA had two, maybe three home games (Ensworth, BA and Father Ryan) where the attendance was north of 4,000. Since R'wood's and MBA's stadiums are approximately the same size I suspect that they are seeing approximately the same attendance at their respective home games.

Even though MBA's enrollment is about 450 in grades 9 through 12, MBA's 100+ graduating classes means that MBA has many more alumni than R'wood who support MBA football than does R'wood. Therefore, one might expect MBA to draw more than it does. But I'm pleased to see that the R'wood parents and faculty support the R'wood football team as well as they do. They are to be commended.

As for parking, as mentioned by a previous poster the LAX field on the MBA campus, next to the Metro Fire Station on Harding Rd., is open to the public at 5:00 pm. Parking is free of charge. If it is full, the Westminster Presbyterian Church parking lot is available across the street. It too, is free of charge.

Brentwood Academy, Father Ryan and Ensworth bring enough fans to fill the visitors stands (about 2,400). I hope that R'wood will do the same.

Furthermore, you are more than welcome to come around 5:00 and join us for the Annual Spaghetti Supper in Currey Gymnasium. Tickets are available at the door. There will be plenty of good food and drink. Then hang out in the shady quadrangle until game time. All in all, it makes for a pleasant September evening in Middle Tennessee. (Note: the M in Middle is capitalized because Middle Tennessee is one of the three grand divisions in Tennessee per my high school English teacher.)

Thank you Ms.bowen for clearing up the capitalization of Middle

If you think MBA fans aren't going to be loud, you have another thing coming. I was at the Hillsboro game just as a neutral fan and have to say the MBA fans completely destroyed Hillsboro who you said were good fans earlier.

Also to talk about the game, MBA has a great balanced offense with a smashmouth, playmaking defense. Ravenwood is not going to be able to stop them on either side, and looking at their stats against BHS, their QB was 4/11 passing. If they cannot pass against MBA, they cannot win. Running will not get much of an effect for Ravenwood. Hillsboro had to resort to passing to stay in the game with MBA.

MBA will keep on rolling and ignorant Ravenwood fans such as Rappy will be heartbroken. I almost feel like paying the money to watch the expressions on their faces.

I'm normally not the one to bash people on coach t, but Rappy was too ignorant for me not to comment.

Thanks for the invite to the Spaghetti Supper. I'm sure it will be the Italian feast. We have regular tailgating bonanza and interfering with your Spaghetti Supper to celebrate Homecoming and 18 game winning streak wouldn't be proper. We would be ducks out of water in that atmosphere.

Anyway, if Ravenwood doesn't renew the schedule next year, it won't be for lack of quality competition with MBA. It may be more of what TSSAA decides about the Division 1 mess with six classes, playoff, and wildcard selection process.

Will the Gallatin thing work at MBA?

Since Ravenwood beat BA and scoreless tied with Enworth in the last scrimmage of the preseason, is MBA looking to this game as gauge for district play with BA & Ensworth? With Ensworth and BA games coming up next for MBA, I sure they will have their spies in the stands get a close up view of MBA run/pass formations against common opponent. Those guys will do anything and everything to get a leg up on the DII region. It could be MBA's bad luck to be playing Ravenwood right before Ensworth and BA.

The point you made about 450 boys is good point which means the gate is not what it is when you play away from MBA. If you don't bring'em, then why schedule a low gate for out of district play because it doesn't help the coffers. At least BA brings a decent crowd and we return the favor much more. As you mention, it just the way it is and it is a known fact for future scheduling.

Your comment on the lack of interest from MBA...I'll have to think about that one and the players and coaches included in the lack of interest category with this 18 game winning streak? Life is good at MBA with Dan & Company.

You think we can swap sides or we will have to pull a Gallatin??¦sit on both sides. It might be fun to mingle, then again Ravenwood fans could have a lack of interest as well. I'm sure MBA and Ravenwood schedule each other for their lack interest in each other. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

There is one other thing to consider when scheduling. You won't have to worry about the beating MBA is going to put on you. They will beat Ravenwood like a drum. Bring the crying towels, you are going to need them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you think MBA fans aren't going to be loud, you have another thing coming. I was at the Hillsboro game just as a neutral fan and have to say the MBA fans completely destroyed Hillsboro who you said were good fans earlier.

Also to talk about the game, MBA has a great balanced offense with a smashmouth, playmaking defense. Ravenwood is not going to be able to stop them on either side, and looking at their stats against BHS, their QB was 4/11 passing. If they cannot pass against MBA, they cannot win. Running will not get much of an effect for Ravenwood. Hillsboro had to resort to passing to stay in the game with MBA.

MBA will keep on rolling and ignorant Ravenwood fans such as Rappy will be heartbroken. I almost feel like paying the money to watch the expressions on their faces.

I'm normally not the one to bash people on coach t, but Rappy was too ignorant for me not to comment.

Well I guess ignorant is as ignorant does which comes to the point of who said anything about MBA fans not being loud? I didn??™t so who is the ignorant one who cannot read?

You??™ve should have seen the expression on our face when we were smack by Franklin but since you don??™t go to MBA games, what does it matter Neutral3000? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thanks for the invite to the Spaghetti Supper. I'm sure it will be the Italian feast. We have regular tailgating bonanza and interfering with your Spaghetti Supper to celebrate Homecoming and 18 game winning streak wouldn't be proper. We would be ducks out of water in that atmosphere.

Anyway, if Ravenwood doesn't renew the schedule next year, it won't be for lack of quality competition with MBA. It may be more of what TSSAA decides about the Division 1 mess with six classes, playoff, and wildcard selection process.

Will the Gallatin thing work at MBA?

Since Ravenwood beat BA and scoreless tied with Enworth in the last scrimmage of the preseason, is MBA looking to this game as gauge for district play with BA & Ensworth? With Ensworth and BA games coming up next for MBA, I sure they will have their spies in the stands get a close up view of MBA run/pass formations against common opponent. Those guys will do anything and everything to get a leg up on the DII region. It could be MBA's bad luck to be playing Ravenwood right before Ensworth and BA.

Ducks out of water in that atmosphere? What does that mean? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thank you to Ms. Bowen for clearing up the capitalization of Middle.

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! That name still scares me. One would think that after a 20 year police career that included a long time with the SWAT team, my nightmares would involve shootings and such. Not at all...they revolve around having to go to the board and diagram a sentence with three different dependent clauses.

I probably won't get to sleep tonight.