mba vs ravenwood

whoisjeff

I??™ll have to commend you for getting it right about the schedule comment. I did make comments to that point on scheduling and attendance benefit both teams but I couldn??™t see how scheduling has anything to do with ???beating like a drum??? and ???crying towel???.

When the team gives its very best, no more can be asked, nothing to cry about, it??™s their very best.

If you attend the game, you will understand better the need for a crying towel. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you attend the game, you will understand better the need for a crying towel. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thank you for wisdom and advice MBA Big Red 1. I've attended a lot of games, been to the highest and the lowest of times but I've yet needed a crying towel. I guess a voice of experience is at hand from one of the MBA players on crying towel etiquette for opposing teams of the Big Red. If this was a region game, then you might have a point but since this is a non-region game, there is nothing to loose but everything to gain.

Ravenwood winning streak is one game not eighteen. Yes, we heard the same thing from BA who was number 10 in the nation at the time but as thing goes??¦sometimes you just never know until you play the game. Regardless, the experience and excitement of playing two Division II rivals in the same year as well as playing to hostile crowd at MBA will be worth it. I don??™t see many teams from DI stepping up to the challenge of playing MBA & BA. Why is that? Some teams rather pocket a win than stand before a challenge to see what they are made of as a team? I haven??™t known MBA to intently schedule out-of-Region play cupcakes, neither will Ravenwood although MBA probably thinking Ravenwood is currently a cupcake which is fine. When you have a eighteen game winning streak on the line and among the top teams in the nation, I guess it seems like a cupcake and crying towels are in order per MBA Big Red 1 advise.

Thank you for wisdom and advice MBA Big Red 1. I've attended a lot of games, been to the highest and the lowest of times but I've yet needed a crying towel. I guess a voice of experience is at hand from one of the MBA players on crying towel etiquette for opposing teams of the Big Red. If this was a region game, then you might have a point but since this is a non-region game, there is nothing to loose but everything to gain.

Ravenwood winning streak is one game not eighteen. Yes, we heard the same thing from BA who was number 10 in the nation at the time but as thing goes??¦sometimes you just never know until you play the game. Regardless, the experience and excitement of playing two Division II rivals in the same year as well as playing to hostile crowd at MBA will be worth it. I don??™t see many teams from DI stepping up to the challenge of playing MBA & BA. Why is that? Some teams rather pocket a win than stand before a challenge to see what they are made of as a team? I haven??™t known MBA to intently schedule out-of-Region play cupcakes, neither will Ravenwood although MBA probably thinking Ravenwood is currently a cupcake which is fine. When you have a eighteen game winning streak on the line and among the top teams in the nation, I guess it seems like a cupcake and crying towels are in order per MBA Big Red 1 advise.

I doubt anybody at MBA considers Ravenwood a cupcake. Certainly the BA game put an end to any thoughts like that. Whoever scheduled the game on the Ravenwood side has my respect. They would seem to be a throwback to the '70's and before, when coaches relished the thought of playing powerful teams.

I hope it's an enjoyable game, and by all means go to the Spaghetti Supper. It's a good time, and not a bad meal.

No you didn't. Don't make things up please. I can't remember anything posted here that could in any way be construed as anything close to that.

Good luck to both teams Friday. Nice to see these matchups.

You are right, there were no crying towel comments, only comments about the best defensive line and Division 1 prospects in Tennessee High School football and Rank #10 in the nation. The Tennessean article was really good in the promotion for BA. Of course Ravenwood got the typical comments in general about getting the their fannies beat. I'll have to say it was generally from outsider of the BA, not from within except for the BA center. He got things going??¦kind of like the corner for MBA.

It??™s like Deja Vu by playing two nationally rank teams in one year, especially one with an eighteen game winning streak.

You are right, there were no crying towel comments, only comments about the best defensive line and Division 1 prospects in Tennessee High School football and Rank #10 in the nation. The Tennessean article was really good in the promotion for BA. Of course Ravenwood got the typical comments in general about getting the their fannies beat. I'll have to say it was generally from outsider of the BA, not from within except for the BA center. He got things going??¦kind of like the corner for MBA.

It??™s like Deja Vu by playing two nationally rank teams in one year, especially one with an eighteen game winning streak.

fwiw, that's not an MBA fan making those comments about crying towells, etc.

Get ready for the pain Rapppppppppy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Raptors are the high school equivalent of Oregon State....GIANT KILLERS. Good luck USC, I mean MBA!!

Raptors are the high school equivalent of Oregon State....GIANT KILLERS. Good luck USC, I mean MBA!!

No, you don't understand...we requested the group that lost to Goodpasture for this evening's festivities. There are certain responsibilites that come with being the visiting team on Homecoming, and we expect you to fulfill them.

No, you don't understand...we requested the group that lost to Goodpasture for this evening's festivities. There are certain responsibilites that come with being the visiting team on Homecoming, and we expect you to fulfill them.

What a game!!! Referees kind of lost control of the game at the end with clock issues, but overall both teams played well. Game stats were almost identical as was the MBA scoreboard with a 24 21 win for the Momma Boys. I don't expect to see either of these teams lose another game this season.

OK I'll be the first to say it. That is the worst officiated game I have ever seen. I don't know where they dig these guys up. I haven't seen a head referee this year under 60. They aren't in shape and they aren't in position to make calls. That roughing the passer call that kept the last RHS drive alive was unforgiveable, the ball was clearly tipped. Ray Charles could have made that call. And don't get me started on the clock at the end of the game...totally inept.