Bearden vs. Halls

Knoxville21

Osnut,

Halls has been a big mystery this year. The defense has been superior to last years edition but the offense has been inconsistent and lacking confidence from the play selections to the execution. To much undue pressure to improve and beat a Maryville team in week one has left expectations flat. No way should this team miss the playoffs but they have to come together immediately and start to play like a playoff contender and forget the negatives. Time to put the Maryville & West games behind them and move on. The next three weeks will be huge for this years edition.

Preseason hype didn't help. I'd rather us had a Lou Holtz mentality and sneak up on teams.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been critical (like many UT fans), but:

-More bad new(for Halls) :

- Starting TE and LB, and DT/DE are out with mono. Chances are they palyed with it on Friday. That's got to effect some plays. Explains alot when you watch the film.

- Several other players have it also, which means it is probably spreading. May explain while many players look so tired on the field. Expect for players to play Friday with it and not know. Coaches should make sure kids are subbed for if they look tired (might should do it any way)

K21 - I'll share ours if you share yours - (Offense)

-TE # 88 Steinke - SR (6'0/195) Repalces two year starter with mono

-LT #79 Mcfalls - JR (6'1/205) just getting back from illness (thought was mono)

-LG #66 Laddish - SR (5'10/230) Two year starter

- C #55 Raby - SR (5'10/225)

-RG #62 Leonard - SR (6'4/275) Three year starter

-RT #75 Hill - SR (6'4/285) Two year starter - extremley sore ankle (High sprain 2 weeks ago)

-WR #2 Johnson/#7 Snoderly - Both SR's - 4 receptions between them this year

-RB #23 Waggoner SR (5'10/190) Three year starter - tough as nails

-RB # 6 O'Laughlin SOPH (5'10/140)

-FB #34 Burton JR (5'10/195)

-QB #4 Turner SR (6'1/190) - Two year starter -high ankle sprain(Mville), missed S.County game

K21 - I'll give a quick breal down of our offense:

- OL is really strong. You'll be amazed at how big a hole they can make (can't seem to gain more than 10 - 15 yards though)

- Counting TE, all six palyers see significant time on defense. Thus, by the 4th quarter holes start to vanish (lieman look wore out)

- Like you, we start a SOPH at RB. That expalins why between us there will be six losses after Friday night (tough to compete in 4a and 5a with Soph's leading the way)

Compare :

O'laughlin (Halls) - 52 attempts/372 yards (7.2 avg.) - 99 yard KO return for TD, several beautiful punt returns

Young (Bearden) - 66 attempts/412 yards (6.2 avg) - 2 ?? Ko returns for TD, punts ??

Young plays defense, and from what I hear he is pretty good. Our two WR's are not very fast (5.0 and 5.3??). Also, expect to see us throw alot Friday. Young may have a KIL "player of the week" type game if we do.

Share some details with us Halls fans about Bearden please.

Ironman,

This mono thing just stinks. With all the injuries at the start of the season then this. It helps explain why I thought we weren't firing on all cylinders last week. I just hope it isn't as bad as it sounds.Hopefully, before the Dragons come to town we will be back to good health.

Here it is. (Offense)

-TE #91 Adam Robertson (6-0, 175, Jr) Potter's favorite target.

-LT #55 Forrest Young (6-4, 205, Sr) Steady senior leader

-LG #70 Travis Roberson (6-0, 256, Sr) Another anchor on the line

- C #64 Bradley Ternes (5-11, 249, Jr)

-RG #68 Greg Hopkins (5-10, 210, Jr)

-RT #78 Edward Pena 5-10, 253, Jr)

-WR #87 Davis Tull (6-3, 198, Jr) Made some nice clutch catches this year.

-WR #12 Will Campbell (5-9, 174, Sr)

-RB #33 Devrin Young (5-8, 150, So) No words can explain his talent.

-FB #36 Tanner Fine (5-10, 178, Sr) Loves to hit. Great blocker. Solid player. Also plays LB

-QB #8 Ryan Potter (5-11, 157, Sr) Plays a simple game... get the ball in the playmakers hands.

Next is the defense. Thanks.

Devrin Young does a nice job of following his blockers. He is very patient and waits for the hole then he turns it on.

The OL has been steady but did struggle protecting Potter against DB and Farragut. Potter throws the ball around even though Robertson seems to be his go to guy.

As does Halls, many of the Bearden player do time on both sides of the ball. Keep an eye on Tanner Fine. #36 can play ball.

Brandon Reagen is one of the best punter/kickers in the State. Can hit FG inside the 40 consistently.

I honestly look for a good game.