Gibbs, Claiborne, Grainger, Union Co. or Pigeon Forge

Red81KPsmash

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

horsetrader I have to agree with you on Union Co. They have 2 of the best backs in the area and they did not produce nothing against claiborne. So maybe they can get it together and win some region games. Now about this "splitback" guy who seems to know nothing about this region and should probally stick to his "grapfruit" league of Cumberland Gap the rest of the bunch. I do not know where everyone will finish exactly but I do know that Pigeon Forge will not be in the mix. They are not a very good football team at this time maybe they will get better I do not know. Granger Co. is not very good either they let S.G. beat them come on!!

"Granger"...LOL!

The Grizzlies have got to improve on defense. That's all there is to it. They have the talent offensively to take out Gibbs, Claiborne and Union. It'll come down to how those three and Pigeon do against each other to determine who ends up fourth.

"Granger"...LOL!

The Grizzlies have got to improve on defense. That's all there is to it. They have the talent offensively to take out Gibbs, Claiborne and Union. It'll come down to how those three and Pigeon do against each other to determine who ends up fourth.

Losing Josh Hart has been a big blow to the defense and offense. At 6'3" and 220lbs. he was a great TE/WR target for McBee and a vicious hitter from his LB position. Also, if they continue to have to play McBee both ways as much as they have, he will be a lot less effective as the season wears on. Blanken did step up the running attack Friday night as he pounded out yards against GP. A second half knee injury halted his effectiveness. Grainger has to play so many more players both ways this year, than what they have been able to do in the past.

I think Carter/Seymour will be 1 or 2 depending on who wins the head to head. The 3/4 slot is anybodys to win. Grainger and Claiborne have wins in Conference. It looks like Grainger, Claiborne, Gibbs, Pigeon Forge, and Union County will all be playing each other down the stretch. Injuries will play a key role. Lets hope all the teams can stay healthy and give us all a good chase down the stretch. Grainger has to go to Gibbs for their homecoming next week. This is a big rivalry and Gibbs will be fired up. Lets hope Grainger can right the ship and take a 1-4 start and finish 4-1. If this happens, I predict Grainger to finish 3 and Claiborne or Pigeon Forge to finish 4.

Not much has been said @ Grainger after a 1-4 start. I think some fans are starting to wonder if all the young coaches need some veteran leadership on the staff right now. I just don't think they have found their identity as a staff or as a team. They have run the spread offense, the veer, the power I, and the I formation. They have a new defense in place that like you said needs to improve. I haven't noticed the front on D making a lot of plays. I wouldn't be suprised if some of the DBs were leading the team in tackles (and thats not good.)