South VS Boone

NETFan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South HUGE !!!!!!

This will be another good game for the 1st few minutes. South just to deep and disciplined to not blow the Blazers out. too many skill players they will score early and often....... 42 to 07. At least we are playing a true 4A school student population wise. I guess the true 4A in our future is Maryville, at least for the rest of this year.

This will be another good game for the 1st few minutes. South just to deep and disciplined to not blow the Blazers out. too many skill players they will score early and often....... 42 to 07. At least we are playing a true 4A school student population wise. I guess the true 4A in our future is Maryville, at least for the rest of this year.

I know nothing about the 08 Blazers, but looks like they played Greenville pretty close, am I correct? (going by memory).

Boone will have to decide who they want to stop------Option 1: Stop Fletcher Option2 : Stop Bradley running Option 3: Stop our passing With only 4 days to figure it out---I don't think so. I am not one to take teams for granted, so barring a South mental let down, South by 30 pts. Boone better get their's early.

Does anyone know why the Rebel Defense starts slow? I just can't figure it out. Stats make it appear that the D is not playing strong, but I think they are ----If we could just go out and play the 1st 4 minutes like we play the remainder of the game.

Boone will hit you and South will hit back and score as they hit. It's that simple and it is not a knock on Boone but a lot of respect for South. South maybe better than they were last year across the board.

Most interesting assessment of the Rebels. Time will tell. M'ville is down this year (according to all the nay sayers in Knoxville - but they have not missed a beat in regular season so far) One way to view South's recent success is to look who ended their season the past three years - IMO I would rank the Rebels this way:

2007: Beaten by a M'ville team who won the state title. Foolish play call at the end added a TD for M'ville. Basically this was a 2 TD win by M'ville.

2005: The first conference championship year. Beaten by a very good Mo'West team at South. Had a lead going into the 4th quarter but faded. A pick for six was a key play by the Trojans.

2006: Knocked out by Mo'East in the 'Canes first real year of resurgence. Basically got ran over early and often. Comeback came up short.

Could the 2008 team top this list? Most certainly. IMO, the MLC is down overall from 2005, Science Hill is clearly better than in 2007, THS is much worse than in '05, North is much stronger than in '05 or '06, and G'ville is not as good as in '06 only because of the injury to Barner.

Will the Blazers compete? Yes, but the Rebels will wear them down. South by 21.

Boone will hit you and South will hit back and score as they hit. It's that simple and it is not a knock on Boone but a lot of respect for South. South maybe better than they were last year across the board.

Most interesting assessment of the Rebels. Time will tell. M'ville is down this year (according to all the nay sayers in Knoxville - but they have not missed a beat in regular season so far) One way to view South's recent success is to look who ended their season the past three years - IMO I would rank the Rebels this way:

2007: Beaten by a M'ville team who won the state title. Foolish play call at the end added a TD for M'ville. Basically this was a 2 TD win by M'ville.

2005: The first conference championship year. Beaten by a very good Mo'West team at South. Had a lead going into the 4th quarter but faded. A pick for six was a key play by the Trojans.

2006: Knocked out by Mo'East in the 'Canes first real year of resurgence. Basically got ran over early and often. Comeback came up short.

Could the 2008 team top this list? Most certainly. IMO, the MLC is down overall from 2005, Science Hill is clearly better than in 2007, THS is much worse than in '05, North is much stronger than in '05 or '06, and G'ville is not as good as in '07 only because of the injury to Barner.

Will the Blazers compete? Yes, but the Rebels will wear them down. South by 21.

Only thing I can think of is South will be loaded again next year.

You know, Comp, it's interesting---the 2009 outlook. I think CP set the standard for Rebel QBs and every year, at least the next 10 yrs, our next QBs' skills will be compared and judged against CP's skills and success. Bradley, although a different type runner and different type passer, is living up to his billing and, thus far, is having CP-like success. 2009--Aaron St.Clair--a very smart QB (probably knows and understands how to play every position on the field) does not yet have the CP or BD arm, but he has come a long way in the past year and could be right there, as for arm strength, next year if he progresses as well in the coming months prior to the 2009 season. The thing that I've noticed most about Aaron is his quickness and speed has really improved since his middle school, Freshman, and Sophomore years. He really looks good running the ball in JV and when he gets a chance in Varsity.

The QB coach(es) do a great job teaching QB skills, footwork, throwing motion, etc., and I feel good about Aarons' '09 season.

Offense, well the line (Fuller, Conaway, Ervin, Garvin, Phillips,--and then throw in Logue the beast ) will return with Wes Williams, Bobbi Taylor, Cassell, Hubbard getting alot of carries and Zononi and Watterson being the go to guys on the outside. Something else to consider--- how to get Garvin and Phillips more involved in the offense, maybe in the backfield (and how about Waterson at running back---Huh-h-h??)

Defense--you got Garvin and Phillips, then Hubbard and St.Clair (could it be--a QB playing LB/DE--sounds good to me) at Linebackers--awesome. Line--Logue, McGlothlin??, Conaway??, Solt??--got to find replacements here. Hicks has potential at DE, but will have to make a commitment to football and get serious about his work ethic.

DBs---Zononi, Ellis, Rowland??, Riddle????, maybe Shipley??, Shanks??, Cassell??

Kicker--Edwards will take over for Willingham

Punter-------*&^$#@, sneeze, cough---got to work on that one.

Any help from the '08 Freshman---the "little" Garvin, Rogers, Morelock--big bodies that can help on defense. Garvin is a natural Linebacker and plays DE. Rogers has always excelled at DE. Morelock looks good a Defensive Tackle--big, strong kid. Gems in the rough--and there may be a few more as they grow.

What do you think? Did I miss anything??

You know, Comp, it's interesting---the 2009 outlook. I think CP set the standard for Rebel QBs and every year, at least the next 10 yrs, our next QBs' skills will be compared and judged against CP's skills and success. Bradley, although a different type runner and different type passer, is living up to his billing and, thus far, is having CP-like success. 2009--Aaron St.Clair--a very smart QB (probably knows and understands how to play every position on the field) does not yet have the CP or BD arm, but he has come a long way in the past year and could be right there, as for arm strength, next year if he progresses as well in the coming months prior to the 2009 season. The thing that I've noticed most about Aaron is his quickness and speed has really improved since his middle school, Freshman, and Sophomore years. He really looks good running the ball in JV and when he gets a chance in Varsity.

The QB coach(es) do a great job teaching QB skills, footwork, throwing motion, etc., and I feel good about Aarons' '09 season.

Offense, well the line (Fuller, Conaway, Ervin, Garvin, Phillips,--and then throw in Logue the beast ) will return with Wes Williams, Bobbi Taylor, Cassell, Hubbard getting alot of carries and Zononi and Watterson being the go to guys on the outside. Something else to consider--- how to get Garvin and Phillips more involved in the offense, maybe in the backfield (and how about Waterson at running back---Huh-h-h??)

Defense--you got Garvin and Phillips, then Hubbard and St.Clair (could it be--a QB playing LB/DE--sounds good to me) at Linebackers--awesome. Line--Logue, McGlothlin??, Conaway??, Solt??--got to find replacements here. Hicks has potential at DE, but will have to make a commitment to football and get serious about his work ethic.

DBs---Zononi, Ellis, Rowland??, Riddle????, maybe Shipley??, Shanks??, Cassell??

Kicker--Edwards will take over for Willingham

Punter-------*&^$#@, sneeze, cough---got to work on that one.

Any help from the '08 Freshman---the "little" Garvin, Rogers, Morelock--big bodies that can help on defense. Garvin is a natural Linebacker and plays DE. Rogers has always excelled at DE. Morelock looks good a Defensive Tackle--big, strong kid. Gems in the rough--and there may be a few more as they grow.

What do you think? Did I miss anything??

Good summary Reb. I agree 100% on Aaron. I had, up to this year, penciled in Heath as our next good QB. But, Aaron has come a long way and I think he'll move into that spot next year and do a good job. I will have to say though, after Heath, I don't see a true QB for the next couple of years. Someone will have to step up in that role. I'm not sure our freshman team has one and from what I've seen at CHMS, they don't have one either. Maybe we can get another Bradley from Sullivan?? Anyone know what they have at QB this year?