Coffee County at Wilson Central

whodathunkit?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize this is a football message board, but since someone else has already mentioned it on this thread, congratulations to the Coffee Co Red Raider boys golf team for winning the District 8AAA golf tournament yesterday at Riverbend Country Club in Shelbyville. As for the football team, I hope they get their problems straigthend out and play hard at Wilson Central.

I have been reading coach t for a long time and have gotten a lot of laughs over some of the things that are said. I have heard enough about how bad coach nunley is. And for the record he has NEVER told the kids that they s---. Your theories are wrong!!!! Coffee County folks... you need to be counting your many blessings that coach nunley is here. He knows more about the game than you can possibly imagine. And i do know he has motivation and cares for these kids and this community more than anything so instead of getting on his back , you might want to start pattin' it

I have been reading coach t for a long time and have gotten a lot of laughs over some of the things that are said. I have heard enough about how bad coach nunley is. And for the record he has NEVER told the kids that they s---. Your theories are wrong!!!! Coffee County folks... you need to be counting your many blessings that coach nunley is here. He knows more about the game than you can possibly imagine. And i do know he has motivation and cares for these kids and this community more than anything so instead of getting on his back , you might want to start pattin' it

Evidently, we are not reading the same posts. I can't find the ones that say how "bad Coach Nunley" is nor can I locate any posts that dispute his knowledge of foobtall. Coach Nunley's motivation has never been questioned-I think if you will reread-you'll see that most of the posts deal with the lack of motivation, effort, and heart on the part of the players. Then, the bigger question becomes- if this is true- why is it so? This question needs to be answered. This is not about "getting on anyone's back" or "theories".. And, I think it is a pretty sad commentary that the majority of these posts are in defense of the adults who coach this sport and very few are in defense of the teens playing this sport. The players are the ones in the real need of the pat on the back.

Evidently, we are not reading the same posts. I can't find the ones that say how "bad Coach Nunley" is nor can I locate any posts that dispute his knowledge of foobtall. Coach Nunley's motivation has never been questioned-I think if you will reread-you'll see that most of the posts deal with the lack of motivation, effort, and heart on the part of the players. Then, the bigger question becomes- if this is true- why is it so? This question needs to be answered. This is not about "getting on anyone's back" or "theories".. And, I think it is a pretty sad commentary that the majority of these posts are in defense of the adults who coach this sport and very few are in defense of the teens playing this sport. The players are the ones in the real need of the pat on the back.

Once again you have hit the nail on the head. If more worried about the spirit of the boys and what we could do to help them it would be nice. I like KJ, he is one of my favorite players, but it does get old reading how he is the only one playing with heart and giving it all. Do I believe that statement to be true? Absolutely not. I do believe he is one of the key players, but i also believe all the hype he gets from the papers can lead to resentment from others. I feel the majority work as a team, I hear them encouraging each other I also hear them getting mad at each other. As it should be. When I started this all I wanted to make aware was the treatment these boys are receiving. Of course if we were winning we wouldnt be hearing all the belittling that we are. I just want to say to the players I am sorry for what you are having to endure, hold your head high and play hard. There are a lot that believe in you.

Once again you have hit the nail on the head. If more worried about the spirit of the boys and what we could do to help them it would be nice. I like KJ, he is one of my favorite players, but it does get old reading how he is the only one playing with heart and giving it all. Do I believe that statement to be true? Absolutely not. I do believe he is one of the key players, but i also believe all the hype he gets from the papers can lead to resentment from others. I feel the majority work as a team, I hear them encouraging each other I also hear them getting mad at each other. As it should be. When I started this all I wanted to make aware was the treatment these boys are receiving. Of course if we were winning we wouldnt be hearing all the belittling that we are. I just want to say to the players I am sorry for what you are having to endure, hold your head high and play hard. There are a lot that believe in you.

I never said KJ was the only one playing hard... but against Warren County the only reason we scored is because he was mad and he scored.

As I have stated several times there are a few players that are still giving it their all but there are a bunch that aren't.

I never said KJ was the only one playing hard... but against Warren County the only reason we scored is because he was mad and he scored.

As I have stated several times there are a few players that are still giving it their all but there are a bunch that aren't.

Maybe you didnt say he is the only one, but he is always the only one you call by name. Give credit across the board. He had to have had help to open some holes or to have some blocking to allow him to do what he did. Not to take anything from KJ he works hard and i do see the drive and the commitment he puts in. I just know there are 11 players on the field at one time. It takes all of them to win and all to lose.

You have got to be kidding me. Why would you get on here and say that in the warren co game that we scored because he was mad. You have solved the problem that the coaches have not been able to put their finger on. Don't get me wrong KJ is a stand out player and yes he gives it 110% Monday thru Friday. But to say that is why we scored is funny. I am sure that was not the first time he has been mad. 5A your stock is going down with every post.

It is the coaches JOB to get all they can from each player and the players job to give all they can each play.

You have got to be kidding me. Why would you get on here and say that in the warren co game that we scored because he was mad. You have solved the problem that the coaches have not been able to put their finger on. Don't get me wrong KJ is a stand out player and yes he gives it 110% Monday thru Friday. But to say that is why we scored is funny. I am sure that was not the first time he has been mad. 5A your stock is going down with every post.

It is the coaches JOB to get all they can from each player and the players job to give all they can each play.

The reason that we scored on that play was because for one play, the only one during the entire game, every offensive player did what they were supposed to do. The line blocked, the backs blocked, and KJ made a play. Congratulations to the Raiders team to playing as a whole unit for one drive, first time all season. Yes, there are players who are more talented than others, but that does not excuse not playing your hardest 100 % of the time. GO watch practice and see how many players are playing their hearts out, as you say. These kids are in it for the JACKET. Lets turn it around, act like you care, and play hard on friday, prove me wrong!

Sure are several first time posters coming out for this thread. More than normal /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Good luck to CHS Friday night.

First time poster, long time lover of football. Just sick of the coaches being blamed, sick of the players being blamed. Coaches prepare hard every week and can't get out there and play for the kids, nor teach them heart. That being said, it is also a team sport. I know the most of the players practice hard too. As coach nunley said, there are SOME of the kids out there not playing their hardest... if one fails, they all fail. I think whodathunkit has a kid on the team and can't take her baby getting yelled at.. grow up, it's football. It builds character. Your kids are a lot better off on that end of the spectrum with Eddie Nunley than they are with Bill Price.