not pujo not the grace christian

sue

You have a misconception about private schools (ie peaches and roses). There is still the "real life" stuff going on in private schools like drugs, pregnancy, and stuff like that however it's on a much smaller scale. What you get out of a private school is the avoidance of "no child left behind" and teaching kids so they can pass the TCAP instead of teaching them what they need to learn according to what's important to you instead of what's important to the government. Many private school parents work two jobs so that their children can have the best education afforded to them. It's just a matter of priorities. I used to think that private school was for wealthy snobs but it has changed into viewing as children who have parents that are more involved in their education because they have a vested interest. And that's not to say that all parents of public school children are not involved in their children's education. I know plenty who are and their children are excelling. Neither am I saying that all parents of private school children are more involved in their children's education. I know some from that side as well (rich snobs who look at it as a status symbol). But I like to play the percentages. I have to give up a larger home in a nicer neighborhood so that my children can attend a private school and I am ok with that. Also considering the state of the Tennessee education system (excluding Williamson county) I just prefer to have more control over what my kids are taught in school. With private school I have more of a say so and I know at anytime if for some reason I don't agree with the content or methods I can leave the school. So I don't judge public school kids and I don't judge private school kids (I've been to both and my kids have been in both). Private school is just better for my situation and my kids at this time.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as sports go, I support the belief that there should be two seperate divisions and, in the playoffs, private schools should only play private schools. But if a public school wants to play a private school in season that should also be allowed. I grew up in a public school and felt that the recruiting definitely put us at a disadvantage (although we only had one private school on our schedule in football). And I believe the DII should be seperated based on enrollment like public schools. So small private schools play small private schools. The multiplier just doesn't apply in situations where you have small enrollment. Recruiting and financial aid give a private school, regardless of size, an unfair advantage over public schools.

Diddler ,if you think for one secondthat I'm against the kids that attend Grace or any other school for that matter,you are dead wrong. You people only love you're kids and want whats the best for them.

Inthis area ,we have no need for private schools, our kids are getting a great education, hats off to our elementary teachers. My son got his TCAPS scores the other day and they were well above advanced in every subject. As a 4th grader ,he represented Carter County in the State spelling bee. That was 3rd through 8th. Ihave my on little private school and Iexpect my kids to be the best they can be at school or on the ballfield. I'm sure the enviroment at our little school is not like Sunday school.but ,its the real world. There is not a day goes by that Idon't talk to my kids about doing the right things and and staying away from the dumb junk. I am one concerned parent. Like Isaid ,My kids are My life.

Well Pujo we are finally going to agree on something. I would venture to say if i lived in your kneck of the woods i would be very happy with the public schools there. My daughter who is in 5th grade attends Clinton Elementary part of a tiny little city school system comprised of three elementary schools. I could not be happier with how things are going for her. But year after next I will have a huge decision to make. Do I let her go on to a county school system that has proved time and again that they care nothing for the kids? Or do I send her to a private school, or even move into a new school district all together? I will probably do the latter. I guarantee if myself and others could talk to you just a few minutes in private we could explain and you would understand fully why we left our public schools and took our kids to Grace. Matter of fact if you will somehow look me up on the 3rd I would love to shake hands with you and tell you why my kid attends Grace. I know we will never agree on the private vs public deal but i bet as a father you would understand my move a lot better.

Well Pujo we are finally going to agree on something. I would venture to say if i lived in your kneck of the woods i would be very happy with the public schools there. My daughter who is in 5th grade attends Clinton Elementary part of a tiny little city school system comprised of three elementary schools. I could not be happier with how things are going for her. But year after next I will have a huge decision to make. Do I let her go on to a county school system that has proved time and again that they care nothing for the kids? Or do I send her to a private school, or even move into a new school district all together? I will probably do the latter. I guarantee if myself and others could talk to you just a few minutes in private we could explain and you would understand fully why we left our public schools and took our kids to Grace. Matter of fact if you will somehow look me up on the 3rd I would love to shake hands with you and tell you why my kid attends Grace. I know we will never agree on the private vs public deal but i bet as a father you would understand my move a lot better.

I fully respect the desisions you have made, you are a concerned parent. Good Job. It may be that I move my kids sometime in the future. I want them to have the best chance of excelling .I will try my level best to do whats best for them.We are more alike ,than different. I'd be glad to meet with you and discuss whatever, I'm really a likeable guy. Ido have alot of passion. Gets me in trouble every now and again. Oh well.

As far as the public &private thing goes, its not right but the TSSAA allows it. These litt;e rural country schools don't have anythng in common with schools in the areas where the population is much higher. It don't matter if people have to pay to attend, because its obvious several are willing to do it. .

All that is very understandable, if i lived in an area where i had the choice and could afford it, I may very well have made the same decision. But thats all on the academic side, on the athletic side the privates still are playing on an uneven playing field with the public schools and thats were the argument and the "dislike" comes in.

I fully respect the desisions you have made, you are a concerned parent. Good Job. It may be that I move my kids sometime in the future. I want them to have the best chance of excelling .I will try my level best to do whats best for them.We are more alike ,than different. I'd be glad to meet with you and discuss whatever, I'm really a likeable guy. Ido have alot of passion. Gets me in trouble every now and again. Oh well.

As far as the public &private thing goes, its not right but the TSSAA allows it. These litt;e rural country schools don't have anythng in common with schools in the areas where the population is much higher. It don't matter if people have to pay to attend, because its obvious several are willing to do it. .

I have said before and i will say it again i understand your beef with the TSSAA but they are the only one who can change that. As far as the passion thing goes i understand that also i am very passionate myself especially when it comes to my kids and my team.

Tell you what we'll work out some way to identify each other on the 3rd and i'll buy you a coke.

Man, this is great. I thought this was all going to be a disaster, but now a happy ending with everyone shaking hands. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Now that I have two little girls, I'm going to be paying special attention to the education scene here at cloudland. I WILL do whats best for my little ones. Peace out.

I have said before and i will say it again i understand your beef with the TSSAA but they are the only one who can change that. As far as the passion thing goes i understand that also i am very passionate myself especially when it comes to my kids and my team.

Tell you what we'll work out some way to identify each other on the 3rd and i'll buy you a coke.

Can't beat that.. I'm sure we could have a great chat. Were really concerned with the same things.

Man, this is great. I thought this was all going to be a disaster, but now a happy ending with everyone shaking hands. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Now that I have two little girls, I'm going to be paying special attention to the education scene here at cloudland. I WILL do whats best for my little ones. Peace out.

I try to teach my Children about priorities, the three things I stress is #1, being a good person, you have to take that to the grave with you,#2 being a good student, thats what gets you through life #3 working hard to be the best you can be.

I try to teach my Children about priorities, the three things I stress is #1, being a good person, you have to take that to the grave with you,#2 being a good student, thats what gets you through life #3 working hard to be the best you can be.

pujo... i have know you for a long time..and i know from talking to lil jerry that what you just said is nothing but the trueth...... you have even told me the same things and have talked about how size dont matter, it is the size of your heart....... pujo you are definatly a man that knows football and what you say.. is true... and heck your brothers with MIKE L..... hahaha

pujo... i have know you for a long time..and i know from talking to lil jerry that what you just said is nothing but the trueth...... you have even told me the same things and have talked about how size dont matter, it is the size of your heart....... pujo you are definatly a man that knows football and what you say.. is true... and heck your brothers with MIKE L..... hahaha

Thanks and I've used you and you're work ethic to help Lil Jerry understand what hard work and disapline can do for him. You were a great role model. He just got through with a workout and the little bugger is getting strong. He's working out with reps of 10 with 90 pounds. Just one of the many things he does. It may or may not get him anywhere ,but one thing is for sure, He will understand how to work and give effort. He's got a little heart also. Proud of my kids.

PS has anyone ever told you ,that little one of your's is cute as a button. You should be proud. Don't ever let anything get more important than that little one. You only have one chance,and its over before you know it.

Thanks and I've used you and you're work ethic to help Lil Jerry understand what hard work and disapline can do for him. You were a great role model. He just got through with a workout and the little bugger is getting strong. He's working out with reps of 10 with 90 pounds. Just one of the many things he does. It may or may not get him anywhere ,but one thing is for sure, He will understand how to work and give effort. He's got a little heart also. Proud of my kids.

PS has anyone ever told you ,that little one of your's is cute as a button. You should be proud. Don't ever let anything get more important than that little one. You only have one chance,and its over before you know it.

thank u so much but i know that peyton is cute as a button...hahaha...but i know alot of high school kids that cant get what can....it will help him and stay on him because if you let him he will probably quit.. because dad always stayed on me all the way though high school.... i loved lifting weights at first..... yea i did get tired of lifting and if he would not have been there to push me i would have quit lifting..... so just stay on him and he will do good...because no matter how mad i got at dad for making me run and lift...but i would have never accomplished anything like i did if it would not have been for him.... and now that im alittle older i understand that.....