Hickman County's season and future.....

4Horsemen

This is my first post. I graduated from Hickman County and support the team 100%. I am very proud of the young men and how they have preformed the past 2 years. I have been reading on here, praise for Coach Patterson. When in fact it should be construtive critisim. For starters, he has way to many "coaches" and people in the towers during games. I noticed this recently at the Harpeth game. I counted at halftime 6 men come down. Maybe that is why their has been some confusion on play calls etc. To many people trying to run the show. Secondly, if the Bulldogs play a really tough team the way they have played the beginning of the season, they will get CRUSHED. I expect the Bulldogs to at least make the second round of the playoffs. If not, Patterson should be fired. No question.

I have not been impressed so far. But we still have over half a season to go. I hope he decides to coach up.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first post. I graduated from Hickman County and support the team 100%. I am very proud of the young men and how they have preformed the past 2 years. I have been reading on here, praise for Coach Patterson. When in fact it should be construtive critisim. For starters, he has way to many "coaches" and people in the towers during games. I noticed this recently at the Harpeth game. I counted at halftime 6 men come down. Maybe that is why their has been some confusion on play calls etc. To many people trying to run the show. Secondly, if the Bulldogs play a really tough team the way they have played the beginning of the season, they will get CRUSHED. I expect the Bulldogs to at least make the second round of the playoffs. If not, Patterson should be fired. No question.

I have not been impressed so far. But we still have over half a season to go. I hope he decides to coach up.

as i read this i get the since that a good team could be alot of pep. but the firts one that comes to mind is the lewis co. so is hickman co down this year

The talent at Hickman County is not down. The only thing that is "down" is the coaching staff. IMO

Thats why I hope the team nor the coach thinks they can just ease through the season except for Lewis County. The rest of their schedule is light. But...you have to account for the new coach trying to adjust and the players trying to adjust to his scheme of things. The defense has looked stable. The offense is struggling. If you remember they were putting up 30-40 points per game last year.

i will agree with you on a couple of things......i too am proud of the young bulldogs and how they have performed in the past couple of years and i also support them 100%.....but I must say, it amazes me how folks in Cville can be the most negative creatures on the planet....I realize that we have not played the football that we are capable of....but cmon! we are still 3-1 and undefeated in the region.....folks like you act like we are 0-4 and have no chance of winning any games at all.....Give Patterson and his staff some credit....this years team can no longer fly under the radar the way that it did the first several games last year.....everybody is going to bring their A game against us the way we did each game last year......Apparently you did not go to the Marshall Co game this year....They ARE a tough team and we only lost by 1 point.....and if memory serves me correctly, Swenson had the same amount of coaches last year as we do now (and I might add the same amount of tire kickers on the sideline as well) ....the only difference is that two of the coaches on the sidelines or in the box are both HCMS coaches who are there at Coach Patterson's invitation....he wants to get them on the same page so we can truly begin to have a good feeder program at the middle school level the way that Lewis County and other successful programs have.....and, if you happened to hear anything about the events of half-time in the locker room at the Harpeth game, you would know that Coach Patterson made it very LOUD and very CLEAR who was running the show.....let him do his job and you do yours....his main job is to win football games however he can....i am satisfied he does not have time to worry about impressing you...........GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

First thing, Patterson doesn't have to impress me. You are correct. But he does have to impress the people that hold his job in their hand. (Think about that). Secondly I was at the Marshall County game. Thanks for assuming I wasn't. I commend him on getting on track with the Middle school. That is long overdue. BUT..Other than Marshall County they have not played a "quality" team. They looked better last week against Harpeth, that was a step better than the week before against Waverly.

And for the record no I'm not in the locker room. I guess they let all the mom's go in there to make sure their kids get to play. If Hickman County gets back to that bull...we go back to 0-10 or 1-9. Just like when I was in school.

I wouldn't worry about Hickman County this year. They are a play off team and their defense is much improved this year. Their offensive problems begin and end with the forward pass. Everybody is going to put 8 or 9 in the box and make them pass. They are talented enough with their running game to win one dimensionally, but it will be harder against playoff caliber teams.

There were a bunch of seniors lined up at the coin toss. I'd be more concerned next year and the following year when they are playing with 2A numbers. I think they'll be fine this year and go at least to the 2nd round at playoff time and maybe further depending upon the draw.

I cant see that 3-1 is struggling.Marshall Co. is very good team it was first game out with a new coach for the Bulldogs.I dont know him but I am sure that he is doing a good above average for 1st yr at school coach.Your old coach is gone get over it and get behind the one you have it will be the best thing YOU YOU YOU can do for your program.Last but not least you still are gonna lose to Lewis Co. just kidding had to drop that on you.

One thing for sure, a thread about a Hickman County school is bound to include somebody telling a coach how to do their job. Makes you wonder how we are going to be able attract and retain quality coaches.

I think that Coach Patterson at Hickman, and Coach Jones at East do a good job. The best we can do as a community is be supportive and quit telling them how to do their jobs! I work in the construction industry and I am sure glad that the coaches don't stand over my shoulder and tell me how to read blueprints.

If you are going to criticize the coaching staff, you need to stick to the results. The team is 3-1 with their only loss to a 4-0 team by one point. About the number of coaches...it has already been stated that he is including the middle school coaches and he should be COMMENDED for that. There are other folks up there like statisicians, etc. Maybe you should have phrased that point as a question rather than a definitive part of "the problem".

Your second point about playing a tough opponent could be true but is pure speculation at this point. Yes they did play a good team in Marshall County but yes it was the first game of the season. I too feel like if they played Lewis Co. or another multi-round playoff team now in the same manner they have played their first 3 games, they would probably get beat. However, I understand the way they played in the 2nd half of their last game was totally different and they looked like "the team of last season". This was following the biggest tongue-lashing they have received from Coach Pat. That tells me something. If they can continue that momentum and keep that same approach in their remaining games, they will be successful.

As for Coach Pat being fired if he doesn't make the 2nd round of the playoffs, that is a blanket statement that should never be made. It doesn't allow for circumstances that are out of the coach's control. Does HC have the talent to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs? I believe they do. But this is Coach P's first season. Cut the dude some slack!