Hickman County's season and future.....

4Horsemen

Honestly, I don't think the actual "going out on the field" thing is the problem. I can definitely see the reasoning behind everything the past few posts have said, and I do agree that the coach should have time to talk to the team alone before everyone else goes to talk to the team. As far as I'm concerned, until they're released they're still "his team". I think the main issue with all this is the attitude Coach Smithson had with everyone about it. There's not a lot you can tell me about him, because he was once my basketball coach. I have the utmost respect for him, and I have no negative feelings towards him, because he's worked hard for the school in so many different ways. However, I do feel that there are more tactful ways to deal with such situations, and maybe this just got a little out of hand. Bottom line, as far as I'm concerned: it was Homecoming, emotions were high, and sometimes stuff just happens. I think everyone should try and respect each other rather than causing huge amounts of drama, which will only cause huge rifts in the fan base over time. We're all supporting the same thing, geez.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't think the actual "going out on the field" thing is the problem. I can definitely see the reasoning behind everything the past few posts have said, and I do agree that the coach should have time to talk to the team alone before everyone else goes to talk to the team. As far as I'm concerned, until they're released they're still "his team". I think the main issue with all this is the attitude Coach Smithson had with everyone about it. There's not a lot you can tell me about him, because he was once my basketball coach. I have the utmost respect for him, and I have no negative feelings towards him, because he's worked hard for the school in so many different ways. However, I do feel that there are more tactful ways to deal with such situations, and maybe this just got a little out of hand. Bottom line, as far as I'm concerned: it was Homecoming, emotions were high, and sometimes stuff just happens. I think everyone should try and respect each other rather than causing huge amounts of drama, which will only cause huge rifts in the fan base over time. We're all supporting the same thing, geez.

You brought up a big word spunkygizmo....RESPECT. Let us remember to gain respect you have to give respect. We here at HCHS all have someone we have to answer to. Even Coach Smithson. He's just done what he has been told to do and shown respect by complying with it. If we have to exhaust ourselves with anything it should be to support our football team and the men behind them that have dedicated themselves to the players and the sport. GO DAWGS...#1...LET'S GO ALL THE WAY!

You brought up a big word spunkygizmo....RESPECT. Let us remember to gain respect you have to give respect. We here at HCHS all have someone we have to answer to. Even Coach Smithson. He's just done what he has been told to do and shown respect by complying with it. If we have to exhaust ourselves with anything it should be to support our football team and the men behind them that have dedicated themselves to the players and the sport. GO DAWGS...#1...LET'S GO ALL THE WAY!

didnt you know that Mke Smithson owns that field. He will do what he wants or what Mr. Mathis or Roger Dotson tells him to do. In all honestly he carries a big footprint in our town. My mom thought she was doing the right thing a few years ago and confronting them on a childish issue such as this. Needless to say, we paid the price. Our town is slowly trying to work its way out of this click stuff , but there are some old strongholds that are still with the old ways. please be careful, unless you have strong ties with the rulers.

do you know that absolutely nothing you have said makes any sense at all? please refrain from coming on here and making posts like that again....we don't need others thinking that all true Bulldog fans speak and think this type of ignorance....by the way, what in the world does Roger Dotson have to do with any of this? Dude, stick with checkers or something that you know a little more about....

I was trying to defend YOUR coach by making fun of a stupid statement that was made by one of your own. Wheather you like it or not when you live within 20 miles of someone there are relatives. Remember Maro? His Dad is from LC and I believe that you have a few on your team now that are connected to Gods' County (LC). Maybe ya'll have final got some football blood on your team and that's why ya'll are finally turning the corner.................... BDS I say all this is gest so don't panic and get your feelings hurt. It's good to see our "friends" to the North getting on track. It makes Oct. 17th a lot more fun.

thanks for not making a STUPID statement....no, you have done much better....you have made one that is not legible at all.....nothing you are saying makes any sense whatsoever....who in the world is Maro?.....do you not have anything better to do than get on here and PROVE that BOTH HC and LC have some ignorant fans?

Parents and spectators have no business on the field and in the middle of the team while the coach is addressing them following the game. This should be a time for the people directly involved in the game (coaches & players) to discuss and reflect on the events that just took place. The coach should be able to openly and honestly talk with his team without having to filter and be aware of what outside ears are listening. There is plenty of time for pictures and hugs and congratulations AFTER the coach has had time to privately meet with his team. This is not the problem. The problem is that this "tradition" has been allowed to take place up unitl this point. Honestly, how many other teams and sports do you see allowing parents right in the middle of team meetings? And you feel disrespected because the coach wants some privacy immediately following the game to meet with his team. Give me a break.

hey man, dont you think coach Patterson gets all the privacy he wants after the game when they get in the locker room....let the parents enjoy some of this teams success, if it weren't for them, there would be none....you just stay in the stands and everything will be just fine

I agree with this post. Parents do not have any business being in these post game meetings. Fans and parents should be kept back behind the fence (if the have one) until after the team meeting.

please, please FBCOACH and others, can you not get this through your thick heads!!!!!!!! what do you think the locker room is for? just stinky socks and jocks.....NO....they have all the privacy they need in there after the ball game.....good grief, you guys act as if though the meeting on the field is some type of secret service event....let the parents enjoy the win with them!!!!! they are out there all of a total of 10 or 15 minutes.....please let this go

boy...you are the smartest one on here..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

please, please FBCOACH and others, can you not get this through your thick heads!!!!!!!! what do you think the locker room is for? just stinky socks and jocks.....NO....they have all the privacy they need in there after the ball game.....good grief, you guys act as if though the meeting on the field is some type of secret service event....let the parents enjoy the win with them!!!!! they are out there all of a total of 10 or 15 minutes.....please let this go

[b]I do agree that the coach should have time to talk to the team alone[/b]

boy...you are the smartest one on here..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Which one is it? You say it's OK for the parents to go on the field, but then agree coach should have time to talk to the team alone before others do?

Maybe you have the THICK HEAD!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

do you know that absolutely nothing you have said makes any sense at all? please refrain from coming on here and making posts like that again....we don't need others thinking that all true Bulldog fans speak and think this type of ignorance....by the way, what in the world does Roger Dotson have to do with any of this? Dude, stick with checkers or something that you know a little more about....

reason why it does not make any sense because you are reading it. and your are too dumb to understand.......or you are a part of the problem. I love all your little weak comebacks on all the post . I am a true bulldog fan and prior player. If you knew anything about hickman county sports you would know what i am talking about. Are you a puppet too?

thanks for not making a STUPID statement....no, you have done much better....you have made one that is not legible at all.....nothing you are saying makes any sense whatsoever....who in the world is Maro?.....do you not have anything better to do than get on here and PROVE that BOTH HC and LC have some ignorant fans?

Put down your coloring book and get out one of those Dick and Jane books so you can begin to learn to read for understanding. I tried very hard to keep my statement at about a 5th grade reading level so you could understand it, but it seems that I was a grade or two too high for you. I understand that my statement doesn't make since.............................. TO YOU because of your lack of ability to read. Jumping on everyone and slinging insults and acting like you own this board does nothing to make you seem more intellectual than anyone. In fact it makes you look as backwards as you would like to accuse everyone else of being. And for the record I know your coach and I know of his coaching ability and think that HC and short minded people like you are lucky to have him.

JMO but the kids should only be focused on what the coach is saying immediately fter the game. I, as a players parent and member of the QB club would love to be on the field with the team after a big win but I have no business there. The kids are the ones that do the work along with the coaches and it is a time for them to reflect on what just happened - win or lose. No one needs to be distracted by a mom wanted to hug their kid while a coach is trying to make a point.

Our slogan says it well - The players play the game, the coaches do the coaching, and the parents should support both.

hey man, dont you think coach Patterson gets all the privacy he wants after the game when they get in the locker room....let the parents enjoy some of this teams success, if it weren't for them, there would be none....you just stay in the stands and everything will be just fine

Since you are obviously an idiot with an extremely low IQ and reasoning ability, let me explain this as simply as I can. Follow along the words with your finger if it helps you read. Playing high school sports is a PRIVILEDGE, not a right. You and your child play by whatever rules the coach, AD, and school administration establish, or else you can go to the house. They do not owe you anything. If Coach Patterson and Coach Smithson don't want parents on the field after the game, then parents are not allowed on the field after the game. End of discussion. Some twisted parents like yourself seem to thing high school sports are a democracy where everyone should have an equal say and vote in all matters pertaining to the team. Sorry to bust your bubble, but that's not how it works in an athletic program that is any good at all. So instead of belly aching about how you've been disrespected or unfairly left out of the loop, try paying your $5 for admission and watching the game from the stands like everyone else. When the game is over, either wait in the stands or in the parking lot to speak to the players. Or if you don't like these established rules, take your kid and go home. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />