Stewart Co vs. Adamsville

st409

What does this mean for the ejected parties? Do they have to set out one or two games for an ejection? This could have major repercussions for both teams. I hate to see things like this in high school football.

Generally it means the rest of the current game and the next. I've hardly ever seen it go two games.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what you could not see from across the field was your player using our qb's helmet as a punching bag...that's why our qb was not ejected, because he got hit several times in the head and was taking up for himself...we told our players all week...the card qb is good, ours is better...the card rb is good, ours is better...you have a defense, we have a DEFENSE!! now, i believe after our qb earhart and our rb pritchett showed you who the best team was...and, oh yes, our spectacular receiver smith...your #13 lost his cool...on our side, the player that was taking up for his qb got ejected...of course you think the cards should have won but they were clearly not the best team even though you talked it up all week...that's ok, you'll learn that talk is cheap...your men played a great game...the crotch part, i don't know...what i do know is that you also got another 15 yard personal foul for trying to hit our qb clearly out of bounds...see a pattern, here? matt earhart is the one of, if not the best qb in the region...he's earned that distinction and whether you choose to admit it our not it is true...as far as the tssaa, yes, lets take a very close look at this film to see just where that blocking in the back foul came on our kickoff return for a touchdown (it was 30 yards behind the play) and the incomplete passes the ref ruled complete for you guys...we can debate this game all night long but in the final analysis all of the men played their hearts out and the best team won...and just one other thing while i'm on my soapbox...a lot of people on this thread find it very easy to "knock" a team by disrespecting teams they have played with losing records by saying they stink or are no good...that goes beyond ignorance to disrespect a team full of players who have worked, sweated, bled, and tried to get better for the better part of a year to play a game we can only dream of now...just because teams don't have a winning record don't disrespect them and call them a nobody...huntingdon could come in here next week and call adamsville a nobody because they have a losing record...that's baloney and everyone knows it so, just like you don't want to be labeled incorrectly because you know you have a good squad don't you keep doing it to others...thank you for finally giving us credit...the reason we stayed PUMPED is because we saw our qb getting pummeled and we were, how should i say this, ticked!

here is why we won...adamsville is good, we respected that and practiced to play a worthy opponent all week and our players were tired of hearing how good you all were and how you overlooked us and home field advantage means a long ride home for the rebels...we we knew in our hearts our players matched up better and through hard work all week and all season so far, we proved it...you can say we grabbed you on the crotch, you can make excuses but what you should do is play the game on the field and not on this thread...the cardinals are good, they are darn good but when you start talking that crap about you not only beating us but then having the irish beat us as well...well? no comment...finally, as rebels, we will be pulling for you to take out waverly next week...they beat us fair and square and we are hoping you can do the same to them...you are good enough to do it if you get ready to play the game on the field, not here

hey bub my team beat ya'll and even from the stand we cold see the dirtiness of ur squad i don't care what u say or any other sc player coach fan or anybody else stewart co. is dirty they have always been dirty and i wouldn't be surprise if the coach said be dirty. every team dreads ya'll because they have to be worried about being hit after the play. Hey and if ya'll enjoy felling up other guys or men or what ever that fine i mean that shows wheater you're gay or straight and obviously you ain't straight what started the fight i was in riverside watching the tigers smashing the panther 28-7

No actually ecorob...my memory is quite good. I was one of the few fans out there cheering the boys on regardless of the record. What kills me is how a team is suddenly "disrespected" because people think their opponent will win the game. Adamsville played the Lions tough...alot tougher than the Rebels did last year when Camden gave them a 49-0 beatdown. You lost a big group of talented seniors, so that would lead us to believe that the Cards would win this game. No disrespect intended...the opinion was based on facts. You guys showed us we were wrong, you were congratulated...time to move on to next week.

Yep you're right it wasn't long ago that Camden was a bottom feeder but one thing I can guarantee is that the Lions will never be a bottom feeder again. We may have down years, but never again will we be everyone's homecoming. You want respect? Earn it. Smack everyone in the mouth, respect your opponent and win with class. Never once in the last 10 years has anyone accused Camden of playing dirty. We smacked people in the mouth alright...but we never took cheap shots when we were clawing our way out of the cellar. Can Stewart Co say that? No matter how many teams you beat you will never earn the respect you think you so rightly deserve if you are accused of playing dirty every week. Week 9 can't get here soon enough for me.

you are not a god so you can not predict the future...don't think you can make guarantees of the future...everything you have is by the grace of God and nothing is promised to any of us...your "opinion" was based on a narrow set of facts but like you say, it was just an "opinion"...i've gone back and read both of your posts on this thread up to this one...very respectful, thank you for that...the disrespect i talked of was about the teams a team may have beaten to have a winning record...people on here showed terrible disrespect to the riversides, the gleason's, and the east hickman's of highschool football and that is not right...these programs are trying hard to win games, they all have a lot of very good talent and a lot of good things going on in their programs but with a dozen keystrokes on here they are disrespected...that's unfair is all i am saying...if you go back and read my posts you will see what i actually said and perhaps not go off half-cocked on false information...

now let's get to the bottom of this dirty playing because you have perpetuated this myth with this last post of yours by "insinuating" that SC does that...did they do that to you last year in the 49-0 "beatdown" you gave us? did they? what did YOUR players say? maybe you should go to that source before you make a fact based "opinion"

the first accusation from gpaw6 of this was one that i originally took to believe he saw and personally witnessed but now he is backing up and it seems that was all heresay from a very "credible" source (in his opinion)...hmmm...i saw his grandson get sacked by our all-state defensive tackle...it was wide open in the adamsville backfield as he tried to escape the sack but could not...i saw the qb being dragged down, they were the only two involved in the play...i thought the qb had injured his knee...it was later that we heard he had gotten hit in the groin...so, you tell me...an all-state player sacks a qb in plain sight and the qb is hurt in the process so now, all of a sudden, this "dirty" play is the reason?

please?

spitting on the logo???? with coaches there watching??? what an absolute lie! my goodness, people! all anyone here, that i have spoken to, that went to that game has had nothing but praise to say about the adamsville people, town, organization, facilities, and program...we loved talking to the locals about buford pusser, we felt we were on hallowed ground, for pete's sake! someone told us that buford actually played on that field! we were in awe and respect of adamsville history...we did NOT spit on your logo! if you want to know more about how we actually went out of our way to show respect then you email me personally at ecorob@excite.com and i will tell you

now, to the truth as i see it based on my narrow set of facts...a'ville needed to beat SC worst this year than they needed to last year and, in both cases, they lost...last year they told themselves they underestimated us and by the time they figured it out it was too late (this shows some lack of respect for your opponent and may have been a contributing factor for not preparing as hard for this year's game) this year...it was a "given" they would beat us...they were playing at home they said, last year was a fluke they said, camden says they will win, they said, so, again, preparation may have been a little lax...i don't know that for a fact and i am not disrespecting the card coaches but you start to factor in all of those different parts of the equation and it does make a difference...then, game time comes...BOOM! we have a darn good qb and a darn good rb and some darn good receivers, special teams that will absolutely smack you in the mouth and, did i mention, a pretty good defense

when reality meets perception, weird things sometime happen...SC came to play...SC will smack you in the mouth...if you are not ready for that and have thought all week that you are "entitled" to win a game just because you showed up, you are sometimes in for a rude awakening...don't make excuses for getting beat...

you showed us a 49-0 "beatdown" last year and what did we do? we took our 7-3 record, went home, licked our wounds, and tried to get better

apparently, the ref's who were officiating the game at a'ville (who had the best darn view in the whole dang stadium) saw nothing of personal fouls like gpaw6's "source" and you are continuing to talk about...what does that tell you? doesn't it stand to reason that we should be the most penalized team in the region if this were true? look at the real facts, man...not lies and excuses...

we'll have to live with the untrue "dirty" tactics accusations, we'll deal with your holier than thou attitude

ask your camden coach if he takes any opponent lightly and i'm pretty sure his answer will be no...you might take a lesson from that!

I didn't say I saw the dancing and spitting on the logo of the Cardinals, but the one who did is a very reliable and respected person I have known for over 40 years. Not one to lie. If they say they saw it then they saw it. As far as the quarterback is concerned, I didn't say anything about the quarterback but I did see him qrab the facemask of a player and pull him to the ground. Hence the fight. Check the game film and you will see it too. I am proud as a football fan to see the progress of SC but again, respect and class still needs to be worked on.

Yes, you did! as a matter of fact, this is what you actually said:

"But the coach at the end of the game with his players all around him, jumping on the Cardinal logo and spitting on it after the game is goin a little too far. You have learned how to win on the field and I applaud you for that, but don't lose the respect of others by behaving in such a classless way."

...now, you did not mention anywhere that "you" were not the one who witnessed that and anyone reading this would reasonably believe that you actually were reporting what you saw...

as far as the qb and the fight goes...ask yourself why your player felt the "need" to come up and hit our qb when the qb was carrying out a fake 40 yards away from where the ball was...now that 40 yards is an estimation...hmmm, how wide is a football field? the "incident" occured on one side while the tackle was being made on the other...why did your "angelic" player feel the need to try to take out our qb 40 yards away fron the play?

and when you are asking yourself this question, go ahead and tell yourself that your player "slipped" and hit our qb out of bounds after he CLEARLY found the 1st down marker and ran out of bounds just beyond it...hmmm, the refs made that call very easily, it was a very easy call to make...there was NO SLIP...you tell yourself whatever you need to to be able to sleep at night...

well for one i am tired of all our fans and players saying sc was dirty. i was on the field for 30 minutes of the game giving all i had to help my team but sc was better prepared. the only thing we had going for us was the run from early on till late . and second off one of our own team was ignorant to get caught up in that fight. if u say u seen sc qb pull facemask ur lying it shows jersey being pulled down. just face it guys our team is not as good as we bragged about for the past weeks and it showed friday. once again we thought we should won easy but didn't happen. we must get it in our heads that we can't go into the games expecting to make plans on how to rub in it their faces after we win. sc was no dirtier than hc or camden but u learn to play through it. i know some our players do anything they can to get an advantage and take players out of game. come on fellas lets put this one behind us and go and win out and see what comes from it. lets learn from this mistake. to anyone who saw earlier post i apologize i am still very frustrated about last nights loss i wanted to win sc bad.

it takes a big man to speak these truths...it takes a buford pusser type of man and we appreciate the sincerity and honesty of your post...

i am ecorob@excite.com and appreciate your courage and would like to speak with you further...not to hear anything else about this game...you have said all i need or want to hear...but to advise you on how to keep yourself "safe" by not stepping over the line and alienating yourself from your players and team mates

thank you for speaking the truth

Camden played us hard. We were competitive for one half against them and they came out and put a whipping on us. Do I like it? of course not but I can tell you Camden not only beat us but they beat us with class. No crying on our part just a great deal of respect for a very good football team coaches, players, and fans.

The coaching staff confirmed what I saw. The SC QB grabbed the helmet (couldn't see from the angle of the shot if it was the facemask but something on the helment) of Red #9. You can believe it or not but its on video. As already posted, #9 Red and #23 White were the only ones ejected and as the film fhows they weren't even involved.

Before any of us start calling each other liars please look at the film. Good luck SC in the rest of your season......

If you watch the film again, you will see that the qb carried out his fake. He lowered his shoulder due to #9 coming off the edge to hit him. You say he grabs his face mask or at least part of his helmet, but if you look closer you will see that he is at his shoulder pads. It is #9 that has the qb's face mask as he is the one who threw the qb down. Once the qb was on the ground decides to throw punches. Exactly how many punches were thrown by the qb first? None, the first punch or should I say punches were thrown by the Cardinals, who by what everyone says does not play dirty. Last time I checked, throwing punches is dirty. No matter what the cause may or may not be, punches are not a part of football. That makes Adamsville a much dirtier team.

As far as grabbing or hitting below the belt, once again watch the film and you will see that your grandson was wrapped up around the waist and tackled. There was no punch thrown, and there was no grabbing done.

The coaches did a great job breaking up the acting in the 4th qt. As the players got into a grab fight the ref's step in to help. Remember it's not the ref's place to stop the fighting. Because of rules they have to go by in case a player gets hurt by them touching the players. So the coaches have to get there asap with the help of the other players on the side line. I believe the players that got threw out were those that came off the bench and threw punches. There were unsportsmanlike conduct on both teams and I am glad the ref's didn't throw out more players from both sides since both benches cleared. If you come off the bench you are automatic ejected so take that in mind before you point fingers at either team. At that point in the game the ref's could of called the game because there would of not been enough players to proceed with the game if everyone got tossed. Good Game by Both Teams up until the pushing starting happening. And a class act by the white hat to talk to the players when play resumed. Good Luck to both teams this wk.

you are not a god so you can not predict the future...don't think you can make guarantees of the future...everything you have is by the grace of God and nothing is promised to any of us...your "opinion" was based on a narrow set of facts but like you say, it was just an "opinion"...i've gone back and read both of your posts on this thread up to this one...very respectful, thank you for that...the disrespect i talked of was about the teams a team may have beaten to have a winning record...people on here showed terrible disrespect to the riversides, the gleason's, and the east hickman's of highschool football and that is not right...these programs are trying hard to win games, they all have a lot of very good talent and a lot of good things going on in their programs but with a dozen keystrokes on here they are disrespected...that's unfair is all i am saying...if you go back and read my posts you will see what i actually said and perhaps not go off half-cocked on false information...

now let's get to the bottom of this dirty playing because you have perpetuated this myth with this last post of yours by "insinuating" that SC does that...did they do that to you last year in the 49-0 "beatdown" you gave us? did they? what did YOUR players say? maybe you should go to that source before you make a fact based "opinion"

the first accusation from gpaw6 of this was one that i originally took to believe he saw and personally witnessed but now he is backing up and it seems that was all heresay from a very "credible" source (in his opinion)...hmmm...i saw his grandson get sacked by our all-state defensive tackle...it was wide open in the adamsville backfield as he tried to escape the sack but could not...i saw the qb being dragged down, they were the only two involved in the play...i thought the qb had injured his knee...it was later that we heard he had gotten hit in the groin...so, you tell me...an all-state player sacks a qb in plain sight and the qb is hurt in the process so now, all of a sudden, this "dirty" play is the reason?

please?

spitting on the logo???? with coaches there watching??? what an absolute lie! my goodness, people! all anyone here, that i have spoken to, that went to that game has had nothing but praise to say about the adamsville people, town, organization, facilities, and program...we loved talking to the locals about buford pusser, we felt we were on hallowed ground, for pete's sake! someone told us that buford actually played on that field! we were in awe and respect of adamsville history...we did NOT spit on your logo! if you want to know more about how we actually went out of our way to show respect then you email me personally at ecorob@excite.com and i will tell you

now, to the truth as i see it based on my narrow set of facts...a'ville needed to beat SC worst this year than they needed to last year and, in both cases, they lost...last year they told themselves they underestimated us and by the time they figured it out it was too late (this shows some lack of respect for your opponent and may have been a contributing factor for not preparing as hard for this year's game) this year...it was a "given" they would beat us...they were playing at home they said, last year was a fluke they said, camden says they will win, they said, so, again, preparation may have been a little lax...i don't know that for a fact and i am not disrespecting the card coaches but you start to factor in all of those different parts of the equation and it does make a difference...then, game time comes...BOOM! we have a darn good qb and a darn good rb and some darn good receivers, special teams that will absolutely smack you in the mouth and, did i mention, a pretty good defense

when reality meets perception, weird things sometime happen...SC came to play...SC will smack you in the mouth...if you are not ready for that and have thought all week that you are "entitled" to win a game just because you showed up, you are sometimes in for a rude awakening...don't make excuses for getting beat...

you showed us a 49-0 "beatdown" last year and what did we do? we took our 7-3 record, went home, licked our wounds, and tried to get better

apparently, the ref's who were officiating the game at a'ville (who had the best darn view in the whole dang stadium) saw nothing of personal fouls like gpaw6's "source" and you are continuing to talk about...what does that tell you? doesn't it stand to reason that we should be the most penalized team in the region if this were true? look at the real facts, man...not lies and excuses...

we'll have to live with the untrue "dirty" tactics accusations, we'll deal with your holier than thou attitude

ask your camden coach if he takes any opponent lightly and i'm pretty sure his answer will be no...you might take a lesson from that!

Ok what I get out of this 3 page ramble is that you still think you deserve respect. Guess what...when Camden played Milan this year people picked against Camden /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I know its a shocker. But until Camden beats Milan and beats them consistently they will continue to pick against us. That's the way it should be...until we smack them in the mouth we have to sit back and take it. Same thing happened for years with Huntingdon and now we've moved past them. SC beat A'ville 2 years in a row now...I'm going to guess they won't look over you guys anymore. Just like you guys won't overlook Waverly. I certainly hope for SC's sake they are getting better...that this region as a whole is getting better, it only helps us all.

As far as "untrue" dirty tactics I'm just repeating what has been said on EVERY SC THREAD SO FAR THIS YEAR. Coincidence that EVERYONE happens to accuse you guys of dirty play? I think where there's smoke there's fire...but we'll find out first hand week 9. I will admit last year there wasn't any extra curricular stuff after the play...but maybe that was because you guys never had the ball and never touched us when we had it. Coach Ward didn't over look you guys last season and he won't this year either. See you week 9...good luck until then.

it takes a big man to speak these truths...it takes a buford pusser type of man and we appreciate the sincerity and honesty of your post...

i am ecorob@excite.com and appreciate your courage and would like to speak with you further...not to hear anything else about this game...you have said all i need or want to hear...but to advise you on how to keep yourself "safe" by not stepping over the line and alienating yourself from your players and team mates

thank you for speaking the truth

I agree, and if you have any problems posting anonymously, drop me a line at jft7470@yahoo.com. I know a few IP cloaking techniques.

If you watch the film again, you will see that the qb carried out his fake. He lowered his shoulder due to #9 coming off the edge to hit him. You say he grabs his face mask or at least part of his helmet, but if you look closer you will see that he is at his shoulder pads. It is #9 that has the qb's face mask as he is the one who threw the qb down. Once the qb was on the ground decides to throw punches. Exactly how many punches were thrown by the qb first? None, the first punch or should I say punches were thrown by the Cardinals, who by what everyone says does not play dirty. Last time I checked, throwing punches is dirty. No matter what the cause may or may not be, punches are not a part of football. That makes Adamsville a much dirtier team.

As far as grabbing or hitting below the belt, once again watch the film and you will see that your grandson was wrapped up around the waist and tackled. There was no punch thrown, and there was no grabbing done.

Watch the film you see the late hit out of bouds was called on a guy that was sliding to the grond. No one on here from Adamsville ever said that this was a good clean play or that no penalty should have been called, but if it was a dirty intentional tactic that linebacker would have planted your qb three rows deep in the stands. I would have flagged him too!

On first contact he is at hs shoulders, but as the players start to seperate guess what they could not because your "passive Qb" had hs face mask. Yes our kid threw him to the ground and both plyers were on the ground throwing punches.

NOBODY from Adamsville thinks this is a ood move by either kid.

The only 2 numbers the ref reported was #13 and #23 both coming in on the fight. Neither kid actually in the fight was ejected.

I can tell you that this was a good football game and both teams showed some class. Each team was helping each other up for most of the game. Neither team dominated the other. Te Cards could pretty much run at will in the 2nd half but for whatever reason (penalties or mistakes or good plays by the rebels) could not punch it in. The ball just did not bounce our way. Stewart Couny had a lot to do with that. The rebels hurt the cards on trick plys that they executed flawlessly. Give them their credit. I hate this is the last time we get to play, beause this was becoming a pretty good rivalry.

Let' put all of this crap behind us and focus on the games we have next week. Huntingdon and Waverly will be tough tasks for both squads so we better be ready.

Good luck to the Rebels for the rest of the season.

Yes, you did! as a matter of fact, this is what you actually said:

"But the coach at the end of the game with his players all around him, jumping on the Cardinal logo and spitting on it after the game is goin a little too far. You have learned how to win on the field and I applaud you for that, but don't lose the respect of others by behaving in such a classless way."

...now, you did not mention anywhere that "you" were not the one who witnessed that and anyone reading this would reasonably believe that you actually were reporting what you saw...

as far as the qb and the fight goes...ask yourself why your player felt the "need" to come up and hit our qb when the qb was carrying out a fake 40 yards away from where the ball was...now that 40 yards is an estimation...hmmm, how wide is a football field? the "incident" occured on one side while the tackle was being made on the other...why did your "angelic" player feel the need to try to take out our qb 40 yards away fron the play?

and when you are asking yourself this question, go ahead and tell yourself that your player "slipped" and hit our qb out of bounds after he CLEARLY found the 1st down marker and ran out of bounds just beyond it...hmmm, the refs made that call very easily, it was a very easy call to make...there was NO SLIP...you tell yourself whatever you need to to be able to sleep at night...

I never logged in on this blog until 10-1 after st409 said "Let's talk about how bad our defense will hurt your overrated quarterback". That set me off. I never "defended" what #9 did. What I took issue with was neither #9 or your qb was ejected and #13 and #23 were. If I were the ref I don't think I would have ejected anyone.

You congratulate rebelsstink for speaking the "truth"only becase he lines up with you. What about people who speak but they don't line up with you? We know the answer to that. Not one time did I say I saw the incident with the logo and the spitting. Apparently you went back and realized I didn't saw it but now I'm guilty because I didn't say it. By not saying I saw it I must have implied it. That's goofy logic. Nobody I know of believes that the Cards overlooked SC this year. That would be a stupid thing to do and the coaches and players and fans are not stupid.

Also since I'm getting it off my chest, I didn't say anybody slipped and hit the qb out of bounds. He was hit out of bounds and it was called. The yards were marked off and that was that. There was nothing malicious in that. SC is a good solid, football team and I got a chance to see that firsthand. They will win a lot of games this year and for that I'm proud of them. But with all the negative comments from many different teams I say (there I go again) you still have a long way to go in your PR department before you rise in the "opinion" polls.