Dyer County vs Haywood

1brutalchoctaw

Having seen Haywood demolish their other region opponents so far this year, I'm starting to become a believer in this years team to win region. We'll see if that holds true tonight, but we all know we can expect a smashmouth game and stout defense from the Tomcats.

I expect the Tomcat defense to stand tall, and can't help but think the big dumptrucks in the trenches will eventually wear down the Choctaw D to get the ball moving for Haywood.

I think Tomcats take this one by a touchdown.

And to add to the ongoing debate, I agree that for some reason you Dyer County fans sure do talk a lot of smack for being so new to success. Maybe it's a little-man's complex from being so close to the Trojans, but whatever it is sure is getting old.

Seems like ever since the region was shaken up there's been an awful lot of smack coming from the new kids on the block. Whether that be Dyer County or Crockett. Seems to me you could use a little more respect for the old guys like Covington, Haywood, Ripley, and Dyersburg. Sportsmanship can go a long way in this region youngins.

Ask any long time Charger, Tiger, Tomcat, or Trojan....we may not like each other but we absolutely respect each other.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think bigwooten could possibly be the love child of a couple of D-burg posters who were banned last year.....a scary thought /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I'll be a Choctaw fan win or lose....support them regardless. I am looking forward to tonite's game and I think the Choctaws will come out ready to play.....bonus... I get to see my little girl make her debut as a Little Choctaw Cheerleader......all I got to say is GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Course you are!!! Why NOT post on D-burg's threads???????? Do you think Ripley will take em out????????????????????

Hey guys, I have been sittin back real quiet like,but sounds like to me "bigwooten" might just have a bad taste of crow in his mouth from somewhere! As far as DC kids,I dont think you will ever meet a better bunch of kids on or off the field. I'm sure they talk a little trash every now and then,but not half as much as what has been spewed out here today!!

I have been doin alot of talking to my senior about stepping up a bit and trying to get the attitude back on the field. Hopefully they can all get it cranked up and show the tomcats whose house they are in tonight!

And to add to the ongoing debate, I agree that for some reason you Dyer County fans sure do talk a lot of smack for being so new to success. Maybe it's a little-man's complex from being so close to the Trojans, but whatever it is sure is getting old.

Seems like ever since the region was shaken up there's been an awful lot of smack coming from the new kids on the block. Whether that be Dyer County or Crockett. Seems to me you could use a little more respect for the old guys like Covington, Haywood, Ripley, and Dyersburg. Sportsmanship can go a long way in this region youngins.

Ask any long time Charger, Tiger, Tomcat, or Trojan....we may not like each other but we absolutely respect each other.

I HAVE STARTED ALMOST ALL of D-burg's threads....shown them NOTHING but respect....who in God's name said the Choctaws did not have respect for their opponents????? CERTAINLY wasn't me....maybe you should go back and read the majority of LAST YEARS threads if you want to start talking about RESPECT. I for one have been real nice...even when I do not have to be. MAYBE you need to go through ALL the threads before you start talking about people not showing respect. Just how much respect has been shown to DC.....EVER. Well that would be about zilch. Furthermore if you would really like to hear some stories about DISRESPECT become a plus member and I will share some with you that would make your toes curl....they are stories of bigoted, pretentious, and outrageous proportions. My "team" is actually the middle school team.....which all of those players will be at DC. I went to DC and played sports there years ago....we weren't the best and took digs from people at the surrounding schools ALL the time. You honestly have no idea as to what you are talking about....the majority of us have been VERY Respectful.

I HAVE STARTED ALMOST ALL of D-burg's threads....shown them NOTHING but respect....who in God's name said the Choctaws did not have respect for their opponents????? CERTAINLY wasn't me....maybe you should go back and read the majority of LAST YEARS threads if you want to start talking about RESPECT. I for one have been real nice...even when I do not have to be. MAYBE you need to go through ALL the threads before you start talking about people not showing respect. Just how much respect has been shown to DC.....EVER. Well that would be about zilch.

Could one of the reasons that Dyer County hasn't been shown much respect be a combination of perennial mediocrity and poor sportsmanship?

Secondly, there's really no need to take everything as a direct affront to yourself. I am speaking in generalities, and acknowledge that there are courteous and rude fans for every team in the state. With that being said, my experience with Dyer County fans has been that many of them are boastful and rude; and as a consequence tend to eat a lot of crow.

That's not to say that I haven't run across Covington, Haywood, Ripley, or Dyersburg fans that are the same way, but I tend to give them more of a pass considering the hundred or so years of gridiron history between the schools. All I am trying to say is that until Dyer County starts proving themselves on a consistent basis, some of you need to lighten up a little.

Could one of the reasons that Dyer County hasn't been shown much respect be a combination of perennial mediocrity and poor sportsmanship?

Secondly, there's really no need to take everything as a direct affront to yourself. I am speaking in generalities, and acknowledge that there are courteous and rude fans for every team in the state. With that being said, my experience with Dyer County fans has been that many of them are boastful and rude; and as a consequence tend to eat a lot of crow.

That's not to say that I haven't run across Covington, Haywood, Ripley, or Dyersburg fans that are the same way, but I tend to give them more of a pass considering the hundred or so years of gridiron history between the schools. All I am trying to say is that until Dyer County starts proving themselves on a consistent basis, some of you need to lighten up a little.

Because we get on here and encourage our team we need to lighten up????? I don't give blatant disrespect a pass any day of the week. I didn't take it as a personal affront ...but I thought it was rude...considering some of the rudest and most disrespectful things I have ever heard on these boards has been from a neighboring school. I have always thought Haywood has had a great program...and in bball had one of the BEST players in the state with Ricky Taylor last year....D-burg has a GREAT up and coming program with the Counce's back...heck they had a GREAT one last year....have said that on their threads. How many of them have come over to support us......one or two. I know them and think they are great. Your post did sound like a diss. What school wouldn't take pride in becoming good in sports after YEARS of being the butt of jokes from people up the road. I know of many people fromm D-burg that were banned from this site last year. Know a person who owns a business in D-burg...kids go to DC...she had on a DC shirt and a customer came in and told her he could no longer give her business if she supported DC....well that kind of mess is crazy. Like I said go BACK and read the threads you will find the MAJORITY of disrespect didn't come from us.....it was aimed AT US.

Hey guys, I have been sittin back real quiet like,but sounds like to me "bigwooten" might just have a bad taste of crow in his mouth from somewhere! As far as DC kids,I dont think you will ever meet a better bunch of kids on or off the field. I'm sure they talk a little trash every now and then,but not half as much as what has been spewed out here today!!

I have been doin alot of talking to my senior about stepping up a bit and trying to get the attitude back on the field. Hopefully they can all get it cranked up and show the tomcats whose house they are in tonight!

You GO pop ! Tell Peyton to be the SENIOR that I know he IS ! From one "old QB to a young one" tell him NOT to be afraid to GIT IN his team mates "GRILL" if they need it ! He's the "field General" ! PEYTON............ BE A LEADER !!!!!!

That is great news Pop13!!! Attitude is half the battle......heard he has been doing great!!! Can't wait to be in that sea of orange tonite!!! Tonight could be the Choctaws turning point to the positive!!!!!

Well wasn't what I had hoped for...Haywood 33 - DC 23. Gotta be honest....MISTAKES first half of game. IF they played all out like they do towards the end of a game..for THE WHOLE GAME, their record might be different. Still not a blowout like some on here predicted. Haywood is packing some speed....no doubt about that, and the Chocs had issues stopping it at times. Saw more intensity from the Choctaws this game than I did the last one I saw....but the mistakes have GOT TO BE CUT DOWN. Challenge each other guys and rally back from this loss....learn from it and move on to the next on the list.

haywood tomcats, 2008 region 7-aaa champs. they brought it tonight. theyre definitely not a 'mediocre' team trojanz1. they are the real deal. id definitely pay to see a dyersburg haywood rematch in the playoffs. dyer county again gets outscored in the first half and tries to win in the second half. we cant do that. its definitely an attitude thing. one positive is weve scored more points than anyone has on haywood.

haywood tomcats, 2008 region 7-aaa champs. they brought it tonight. theyre definitely not a 'mediocre' team trojanz1. they are the real deal. id definitely pay to see a dyersburg haywood rematch in the playoffs. dyer county again gets outscored in the first half and tries to win in the second half. we cant do that. its definitely an attitude thing. one positive is weve scored more points than anyone has on haywood.

Didn't mean to slight Haywood, that wasn't the intention. I saw the Tomcats in week 2 and in week 2 they were mediocre, not really good but certainly not bad either. As the season goes along good teams get better, and I'm sure Haywood has gotten better.

Kirby scored 30 and Kingsbury scored 35.