MBA vs. Ensworth

Ensworth11

I coached an elementary school game there a few weeks ago, and I thought the stadium seemed very nice.

What's the word on the injury to MBA's tight end?

Hate to bring bad news, but Tight End Joseph Sloan tore his ACL. Great kid and player that will be missed on the field. /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sloan out is big. whats bigger is mba defense vs. the sick nasty orleans kid. ive been preachin ensworth will be a power, is this there year?

i think this game will make or break ensworths season....as we saw last year, ensworth didnt rebound too well after losing to MBA 14-0....they suffered hard vs Father Ryan and didnt seem to be the team they started out as

i honestly see ensworth throwing the ball alot more this game. As most of yall know Ensworth has the majority of MBA's old coaching staff, and i think most of them would like to beat MBA. I honestly think they have saved up a bunch of jive for this game.

Does MBA know who is going to replace their Tight End? MBA shouldnt have to much trouble finding a replacement due to how many players they have and depths. Thats what is going to kill Ensworth i think. MBA has so many guys to choose from (about 2-3x more guys than EHS) that they have no trouble on depth when Ensworth suffers from one injury.

to close to make a score prediction though right now

Hey guys! I think that Coach Bowers' braces will play a serious role in the game as the reflection of the metal (from his shiny braces with orange and black rubberbands) may very well hurt his communication with his team. Orleans (last name here) will have to step it up if he is going to beat MBA. I have noticed a poor position placement at cornerback as well. How this certain player managed to gain starting responsibility blows thy mind! I have heard speculation that he might be the coach's son, but it is just a theory. The Tigers' cheerleading squad should have a major impact as they bring the "Jungle Fever" to Tiger Stadium.

gO tigers!

it seems as if this game does not have nearly as much hype as last years...

Maybe both schools are keeping their 7th and 8th graders off-line in study halls. Most of the hype was trash talk from children who had little insight into the game, and nothing useful to contribute. Much of what was posted here last year was embarrassing to any adult from either school.

I think everybody realizes how much is at stake here, although I do think calling this one of the best rivalries in the state is awfully premature. I think the game needs to be played 15-20 times with high stakes at the varsity level to qualify as a top flight rivalry.

where is big red dad....he always seems to have something to say

I guess I'm not to excited about this one since I won't be there. I will be enjoying Parents Weekend with my boys at college. As much as I hate to miss this game, I would much rather be there.

I posted this earlier in response to someone who said Orleans would win this one singlehandedly:

If Ensworth is one dimensional, Tavares and Orleans will get some yards but I think they will have a hard time beating the Big Red. They will have to mix it up, or MBA will stack it up and stop the run.

Now I will say:

MBA has some injuries but we might have a couple of players coming back this week. I have heard that EHS has some injuries too. I think MBA will have better depth, fewer guys going both ways, and that will hurt EHS. I would hate to be the Ensworth center trying to block Bubis. He might be the biggest hitter MBA has had since his brother.

Ok, now i'm gettin warmed up.

The reason this game is not getting much conversation is because no one knows what to make of Ensworth. They have put up gaudy numbers against inferior (except for McCallie, and possibly 1/2 Webb) competition. We don't know if they are for real or not. If they put up these numbers against MBA's schedule then we would have something to talk about. I assure Coach McGugin is treating this like Ensworth is for real though.

I guess I'm not to excited about this one since I won't be there. I will be enjoying Parents Weekend with my boys at college. As much as I hate to miss this game, I would much rather be there.

I posted this earlier in response to someone who said Orleans would win this one singlehandedly:

If Ensworth is one dimensional, Tavares and Orleans will get some yards but I think they will have a hard time beating the Big Red. They will have to mix it up, or MBA will stack it up and stop the run.

Now I will say:

MBA has some injuries but we might have a couple of players coming back this week. I have heard that EHS has some injuries too. I think MBA will have better depth, fewer guys going both ways, and that will hurt EHS. I would hate to be the Ensworth center trying to block Bubis. He might be the biggest hitter MBA has had since his brother.

I think u REALLY need to read comments more carefully. I said Orleans will kill them on the ground that doesnt at all mean he will singlehandedly win the game. heck that means he could kill them on the ground and still lose by 10. All I said is that he will do well.

I think u REALLY need to read comments more carefully. I said Orleans will kill them on the ground that doesnt at all mean he will singlehandedly win the game. heck that means he could kill them on the ground and still lose by 10. All I said is that he will do well.

Yeah, that is what you said I just didn't feel like quoting the whole thing...sorry. He may run for 250 like he did against McCallie, but I would expect for MBA to try to slow the game down and keep the ball out of his hands, as well as have someone like #19 on his tail all night. EHS will have to be able to throw some to keep MBA honest or it will be a long night.