Shelbyville v Columbia

jernigcj

shelbyville won 4-2

kayla warren scored all 4 goals and columbia's goals were by brown and doak

columbia was up 2-1 at halftime than kayla pretty much took over the 2nd half

That's not exactly the way it went down. Kayla did have 2 legitimate goals. She scored early when she slipped out of the middle of the field and had a breakaway. Her second goal she shot from way outside before anyone had a chance to converge on her and the keeper was unable to get a hand on it. Her fourth goal, she was offsides and it was not called. Goal number three can be attributed to the side judge which let the game get out of hand. She blatantly pushed down the fullback in the corner on the sideline then kicked across the front of the net and got a good bounce. Kayla appeared to be frustrated with the coverage she was getting and ended up finally getting a foul called on her after taking the fullback down on a later play. Unfortunately, it was out of hand by then. I heard after the game that the little Columbia fullback was running with a hip and ribs hurting from the takedowns, yet was still keeping up with Kayla. Just wanted a more complete representation other than just looking a box score. I'm not going to blame Kayla...I know she is a good player. It was more this one side judge in particular as most of these issues were happening in front of him.

That's not exactly the way it went down. Kayla did have 2 legitimate goals. She scored early when she slipped out of the middle of the field and had a breakaway. Her second goal she shot from way outside before anyone had a chance to converge on her and the keeper was unable to get a hand on it. Her fourth goal, she was offsides and it was not called. Goal number three can be attributed to the side judge which let the game get out of hand. She blatantly pushed down the fullback in the corner on the sideline then kicked across the front of the net and got a good bounce. Kayla appeared to be frustrated with the coverage she was getting and ended up finally getting a foul called on her after taking the fullback down on a later play. Unfortunately, it was out of hand by then. I heard after the game that the little Columbia fullback was running with a hip and ribs hurting from the takedowns, yet was still keeping up with Kayla. Just wanted a more complete representation other than just looking a box score. I'm not going to blame Kayla...I know she is a good player. It was more this one side judge in particular as most of these issues were happening in front of him.

It was a great game to watch, Shelbyville scored quickly. Columbia went up 2-1. Columbia apparently went up 3-1 on a header, but was called off sides. The ref's completely let this one get out of control. Great game Shelbyville and Columbia.

It was a great game to watch, Shelbyville scored quickly. Columbia went up 2-1. Columbia apparently went up 3-1 on a header, but was called off sides. The ref's completely let this one get out of control. Great game Shelbyville and Columbia.

Well stated about it being a good game to watch. I'm glad my post was recognized as not really being negative to Shelbyville. I was just afraid that someone was going to get hurt. It was exciting from beginning to end.

Wow! Sounds like sour grapes to me!!

Wow! Sounds like sour grapes to me!!

Com'on yall. Shelbyville won a very hard fought soccer game, it is that simple. Kayla Warren played her heart out. She was great. I know it's a team sport, but she was outstanding. Give her credit, she took it to Columbia. I am sure Shelbyville will be seeing Columbia again in the district tournament. But please, no more excuses.

Com'on yall. Shelbyville won a very hard fought soccer game, it is that simple. Kayla Warren played her heart out. She was great. I know it's a team sport, but she was outstanding. Give her credit, she took it to Columbia. I am sure Shelbyville will be seeing Columbia again in the district tournament. But please, no more excuses.

I agree 100% robotman BOTH KAYLAS played great games. The defense had another good game,along with THE BIG CAT. SHELBYVILLE was just better than columbia this game. I agree also we will probably see them again until then were in the drivers seat in district 8aaa.

I agree 100% robotman BOTH KAYLAS played great games. The defense had another good game,along with THE BIG CAT. SHELBYVILLE was just better than columbia this game. I agree also we will probably see them again until then were in the drivers seat in district 8aaa.

Good job Kayla. My daughter played indoor with her this past year. Could a Shelbyville booster please update your scores on Eurosport. Thanks

I can say it was a physical game,, Both ways,, as far as Kayla is concerned, she is fast took the defender down the line then cut in behind her at full speed, the defender was about to be beaten so she stopped dead and kayla ran into her. its called soccer.

I thought 22 made a good play actually if she had not done what she had kayla would of been straight to goal one on one several times. as it was she stopped her and forced kayla to shoot from a very acute angle and she scored from it twice. well played both ways I thought. Refs I give a 7 outta 10. One thing though is this, If you as a player allow somebody to cause you to lose your cool odds are you wil probably lose the game. I felt both teams were fairly well matched.