West Tennessee Dirty Dozen

mg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your picks make much more sense than that "rag" they call a newspaper out of Jackson!

got that right..nice post 'mg'..Never mind the Nay-sayer(s)

'TOGETHER WE ATTACK'

'GET THE EDGE'

'BLACK WATCH DEFENSE'

GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nice research...You subtitled your thread as "the real dirty dozen" and I noticed D-Burg,who you are a strong supporter of,was near the top of the list offensively and defensively so I did a little research of my own...I'm not pretending to read your mind and say you think the Trojans should be at the top of The Dirty Dozen poll...I really don't know where the Trojans are on the poll,to be honest,because I haven't seen the poll in awhile...

First off let's look at the win-loss record of the teams the Trojans have played....That record is 5-23 with one of the 5 teams you guys have played having four of them...

Looking a little further...Frayser is 0-6 this season..They have won 1 game in the last two years for a 1-16 record..They have won 3 of their last 28 games in all....

North Side is 1-4 this season and has not had a winning season since 2002...

Obion Central is 0-5 and has lost 15 games in a row...

Westwood is also 0-6 and has won a grand total of 19 games in 8 complete seasons of football,losing 60...

Haywood who is 4-2 and the only decent team so far on the schedule beat the Trojans 6-3...

Any poll in West Tennessee begins and end with Henry County and Milan...Everyone else is on a lower level...

Just putting "the real dirty dozen" into a little perspective....

I would have to agree 100%.

1 Henry County

2 Milan a distant second

3 pick you choice here....could be a number of teams. All are a distant 3rd...AND I DO MEAN A DISTANT 3RD.

Noway any fair minded person could put Dburg ahead of Milan. Of course there really isn't that many fair minded people on here to begin with!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No they are VERY dead..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll tell ya my visual...Don't come on here touting a team when they have 4-1 record and the teams they have beaten have a combined record of 1-21 and the only team you lose to is the only team with a winning record..That's all I'm going to say about that... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Question for mg....If Dyersburg was not near the top of those lists would you have taken the time to start a thread on it??

the polls are not a who is best, but a ranking of PA and PF...nothing more....and yes, i did this same poll last year at game 5.....as far as the trojans go, we said early on that this was a very young trojan team......they are not a "top 10" team YET.....if they continue to improve, then we will be happy in daburg.....

YOUR POST served absolutely no purpose but to take a swipe...............no where was i touting the trojans...you ASSUMED just becasue dburg was on the list....

so now let me make it perfectly clear, and for your benefit, i am about the tout the trojans; this way YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE......

the trojans lost 6-3 against a haywood team who in the last several weeks has destroyed crockett county and fayette ware.....the trojans held haywood to 2 field goals.....and the trojans were in the red zone 4 times and fumbled away all but one scoring opportunity...as a result of the haywood game, the trojans changed qb's and retooled their entire offense.....

your uc tornados scored only 19 points against the oc rebels.......a uninspired and flat trojan squad scored more points in one quarter than your beloved tornados could muster the entire game.....

NOW, THAT IS TOUTING THE TROJANS IN CASE IF YOU COULD NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE...

mg aint nothing but a HOMER...anybody with a brain would know you can't put any stock in some of those wins. Just padding the record and offense/defense stats is all that is. People aren't stupid......Everyone should remember that. I had much rather be thought of as someone with an honest objective opinion than some ULTIMATE HOMER type like...uh let's see......Like mg!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

mg aint nothing but a HOMER...anybody with a brain would know you can't put any stock in some of those wins. Just padding the record and offense/defense stats is all that is. People aren't stupid......Everyone should remember that. I had much rather be thought of as someone with an honest objective opinion than some ULTIMATE HOMER type like...uh let's see......Like mg!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i will reserve comment after game 9 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i will reserve comment after game 9 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Why would you do that? I live in Madison County and could care less. All I was doing was pointing out the obvious!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Why would you do that? I live in Madison County and could care less. All I was doing was pointing out the obvious!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

should have been week 10...

there is no way that i can "argue" what appears to be "obvious" to some........but i stand by what i said......i did this poll last year at game 5, and again this year......and i will do the same next year at game 5 lord willing....

and i am sure that there will be those again next year looking to complain.....

there is no way that i can "argue" what appears to be "obvious" to some........but i stand by what i said......i did this poll last year at game 5, and again this year......and i will do the same next year at game 5 lord willing....

The bit dog always yeps

And your point is?

You are right you can't argue what appears to be obvious to some because you have blinders on and your judgment is clouded...that to is obvious.

Again...your point is?

the polls are not a who is best, but a ranking of PA and PF...nothing more....and yes, i did this same poll last year at game 5.....as far as the trojans go, we said early on that this was a very young trojan team......they are not a "top 10" team YET.....if they continue to improve, then we will be happy in daburg.....

YOUR POST served absolutely no purpose but to take a swipe...............no where was i touting the trojans...you ASSUMED just becasue dburg was on the list....

so now let me make it perfectly clear, and for your benefit, i am about the tout the trojans; this way YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE......

the trojans lost 6-3 against a haywood team who in the last several weeks has destroyed crockett county and fayette ware.....the trojans held haywood to 2 field goals.....and the trojans were in the red zone 4 times and fumbled away all but one scoring opportunity...as a result of the haywood game, the trojans changed qb's and retooled their entire offense.....

your uc tornados scored only 19 points against the oc rebels.......a uninspired and flat trojan squad scored more points in one quarter than your beloved tornados could muster the entire game.....

NOW, THAT IS TOUTING THE TROJANS IN CASE IF YOU COULD NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE...

Either way Union City (1A) is playing up to a Class 3A team no matter what the caliber. Let see how the Trojans would fair against say Germantown, Henry County, Maryville, or even Farragut for that matter. For a 1A team to beat a 3A team is pretty good just by itself and being the rivalry like it is then it make both teams more competitive. For the record, dburg,besides Haywood,hasnt shown that they can score the points against a good team. They may have the defense to keep them in a game and I know the saying defense winns championships but u have to score some points to win competitive ball games against other great defensive teams.