SECOND ROUND

patriot04

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat the Owls by 17? ...not possible. You have obviously not seen their defense.

Owls win this one by nine. Three field goals by John "kickem" Long.

You have obviously not seen henry county offense. I don't know if HC would win by 17 but I would bet they will at least score 28 points. Probably more. This offense has the qb and 2 runnin backs. They all run in different directions and nobody knows who has the ball. We have not had to pass hardly any but when we do it usually goes for a good chunk of yardage. And as for your offense after the maplewood game your fans wasn't to happy the play callin. And our startin d has only given up 7 points all year. So his prediction could be closer than you think.

You have obviously not seen henry county offense. I don't know if HC would win by 17 but I would bet they will at least score 28 points. Probably more. This offense has the qb and 2 runnin backs. They all run in different directions and nobody knows who has the ball.

Hey patriot04, Henry County doesn't run the Wing-T on offense do they?

Hey patriot04, Henry County doesn't run the Wing-T on offense do they?

Our other runnin back lines up in the slot and we run misdirection plays with him. And then we have our big back that runs up the middle on one side and our qb runs up the middle on the other side. And our qb probably has the best fake in the state so you never know who has the ball. Also our qb decides who is gettin ball when he looks at how the defense is set. Just like last week against treadwell we got an interception on the 2 yard line. And the original play was to give it to our big back to get us 5 or 6 yards to get away from the endzone. But the linebackers were comin up the middle so our qb and big back decided to switch it and our qb scored on a 98 yard run.

Our other runnin back lines up in the slot and we run misdirection plays with him. And then we have our big back that runs up the middle on one side and our qb runs up the middle on the other side. And our qb probably has the best fake in the state so you never know who has the ball. Also our qb decides who is gettin ball when he looks at how the defense is set. Just like last week against treadwell we got an interception on the 2 yard line. And the original play was to give it to our big back to get us 5 or 6 yards to get away from the endzone. But the linebackers were comin up the middle so our qb and big back decided to switch it and our qb scored on a 98 yard run.

Interesting.....sounds very dangerous to opposing defenses. I especially don't like the idea of a RB in the slot....I see defenses having all kinds of trouble with Eric Gordon HHS's potential CB/WR/RB/PR/KR lining up in the slot because of all the different things you can do with that setup.

You have obviously not seen henry county offense. I don't know if HC would win by 17 but I would bet they will at least score 28 points. Probably more. This offense has the qb and 2 runnin backs. They all run in different directions and nobody knows who has the ball. We have not had to pass hardly any but when we do it usually goes for a good chunk of yardage. And as for your offense after the maplewood game your fans wasn't to happy the play callin. And our startin d has only given up 7 points all year. So his prediction could be closer than you think.

Man you guys have played two 2-A Teams and you think you can hang 28 on the Owls. WOW! I think you need to go back and watch the game on the Internet. Maplewood has a real good team this year, and is the State runners up from last year in 4-A go ahead and think their down and when you face them they will smack you right in the mouth guaranteed........ If Maplewood and Ooltewah find their rhythm on the O-Side watch out. Go Owls!

Ooltewah 49

Henry Co 7

That??™s Just East Tennessee Football (Come and get some)

Man you guys have played two 2-A Teams and you think you can hang 28 on the Owls. WOW! I think you need to go back and watch the game on the Internet. Maplewood has a real good team this year, and is the State runners up from last year in 4-A go ahead and think their down and when you face them they will smack you right in the mouth guaranteed........ If Maplewood and Ooltewah find their rhythm on the O-Side watch out. Go Owls!

Ooltewah 49

Henry Co 7

Let me say this...

This is just with MY logic. Maplewood held your offense to 13 points. Our offense last year (which, by the way, wasn't as potent as this year's) put 35 on them. Now, I imagine that your offense must be weaker than ours. BUT, I understand your defense to be stronger. Even IF your defense made stops against HC, they wouldn't stop them everytime. I'm not going to carry this on much further, because I don't want this to turn into a big HC-Ooltewah biased-internet-shouting match.

I will say this, though - Most people on this board would much rather see my/other's having HC winning's result way more realistic than Ooltewah winning by 42 and holding one of the most high-powered attacks in the state to 7 points. It's your opinion, though.

Ooltewah 49

Henry Co 7

Honestly, I think both of you guys are a little off base. I think it would be a pretty close game either way. You look at what HC has done the last season and a half, they are def legit and likewise for Ooltewah. This game would be a nailbiter

Ooltewah 49

Henry Co 7

First off 2A has nothin to do with the team it has to do with the size of the school. And if you think you can hold henry county's offense to 7 you are absolutely crazy. The past 2 years we have put 35 and 28 on melrose who has one of the top defenses every year. And last year we put up 35 on maplewood. And I have the game film if you wanna watch who the better team was on the field that night. I'm not sayin ooltewah can't beat henry county but I don't think it would happen.

First off 2A has nothin to do with the team it has to do with the size of the school. And if you think you can hold henry county's offense to 7 you are absolutely crazy. The past 2 years we have put 35 and 28 on melrose who has one of the top defenses every year. And last year we put up 35 on maplewood. And I have the game film if you wanna watch who the better team was on the field that night. I'm not sayin ooltewah can't beat henry county but I don't think it would happen.

I was at the game. Nothing against Maplewood but the Owls held them to only 87 yards total offense. NEXT!

This game was a field position game controlled by both Great Defenses with Maplewood winning the battle of field position. I said it before if these two teams find the right chemistry on the Offensive side of the ball Lookout.. Go Owls!