Hickman Co. Coaches

DAWGSPIRIT

Dawgballfan......I'll have to pass on the relocation. But seeing some of the explanations does clear it up some. 4-1 is darn good. And looking at their region they are undefeated , so how bad can it be. It amazes me that there can be a gripe at all.

All they have to do is look around the state......see how others are doing and they would be tickled on their success! I can see it is just a few with a complain, by reading yours and others, clears it up. I was just jumping around when I came across this and couldn't figure out what the heck they were complaining about.

You know the old saying....."GOD GAVE US TO EYES IN FRONT OF OUR HEADS TO LOOK FORWARD NOT BEHIND"

Good luck to your team the rest of the year.

Hope your team isn't reading the post.

Once again......thanks for the offer though.....lol!

At least there I could support a winning team!!!!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Patterson and Smithson, keep up the good work!

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE POSITIVE COMMENTS MY "VENTING" HAS BROUGHT ABOUT. IT SHOWS THAT THERE ARE ALOT MORE LEVEL HEADED ADULTS THAT TRUELY KNOW THE GAME AND APPRECIATE THE OBVIOUS THAT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. BY THE WAY DAWGBALLFAN...I'M THE WOMAN!! THANKS TO ALL

Dawgballfan......I'll have to pass on the relocation. But seeing some of the explanations does clear it up some. 4-1 is darn good. And looking at their region they are undefeated , so how bad can it be. It amazes me that there can be a gripe at all.

All they have to do is look around the state......see how others are doing and they would be tickled on their success! I can see it is just a few with a complain, by reading yours and others, clears it up. I was just jumping around when I came across this and couldn't figure out what the heck they were complaining about.

You know the old saying....."GOD GAVE US TO EYES IN FRONT OF OUR HEADS TO LOOK FORWARD NOT BEHIND"

Good luck to your team the rest of the year.

Hope your team isn't reading the post.

Once again......thanks for the offer though.....lol!

At least there I could support a winning team!!!!!!

hang in there turfwalker....we are living proof that there are better days ahead!

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE POSITIVE COMMENTS MY "VENTING" HAS BROUGHT ABOUT. IT SHOWS THAT THERE ARE ALOT MORE LEVEL HEADED ADULTS THAT TRUELY KNOW THE GAME AND APPRECIATE THE OBVIOUS THAT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. BY THE WAY DAWGBALLFAN...I'M THE WOMAN!! THANKS TO ALL

oh, my bad! just goes to show you what assuming does to you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> i will try to do better next time!

Our Football coaches are doing great so far.

I don't know anything about most of Hickman's coaches, but I know the def coordinator is one heck of a coach. And if our team was 4-1, with the one lost by only 1 point, everyone in PC would be ecstatic.

But, you have some who will complain no matter what you do. Good luck to Hickman County the rest of the season.

This problem is not just in Hickman Co. it's something that is going on at alot of places. All high school coaches do a tremendous job, even with all the coaches in stands. The people of HC should be proud of what they have in players, coaches, and facilities. I have a son who plays at Lewis Co. and I am thankful for the job that the coaches and teachers have done with him and the upkeep of our facilities. After all this is High School, not life or death and for those who want to belittle the job that these people do. GET OFF THE COUCH AND TRY IT YOURSELF. We seem to have a tradition here in Hohenwald, where after each game the fans go out on the field and gather with the team and coaches. Don't agree with this just thought this was a time for the players and coaches, doesn't mean that it's right or wrong. Just hope that everyone can go out support there team each night when they play and each player does it injury free. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm sad to say but I agree with some of what straightupthegut is saying..

UNLESS...

From what I hear the High School and Middle School are working together....this is huge..get a system that these kids will know inside and out by the time they are in high school.

If the kids, families and coaches keep the fire that they have right now for years...Enthusiasm, heart and determination will go a long way.

I think that some fans are afraid of going back to the old ways of Hickman County....but every one goes through rebuliding years.

People want to talk about Maryville and Alcoa how they never do...know way? For starters there are very few private schools in that area. So all the talent goes to public schools. Secondly they have had winning seasons and championships so long, families MOVE there so their child can play there in hopes of getting a scholarship to a division I school.

Sorry to report the Middle School Coach is a joke, they are not on the same page as the high school. The middle School has some very good atheletes but keeping the same system is not a good idea. To piggy back each other will not work, our middle school got embarrased by east hickman middle and they do not run that same worthless system the high school does, you have got to do what works for your program, match the kids to what works for them. i hope they get it worked out that was embarrasing.

Sorry to report the Middle School Coach is a joke, they are not on the same page as the high school. The middle School has some very good atheletes but keeping the same system is not a good idea. To piggy back each other will not work, our middle school got embarrased by east hickman middle and they do not run that same worthless system the high school does, you have got to do what works for your program, match the kids to what works for them. i hope they get it worked out that was embarrasing.

All I can say is that the people got what they've wanted. I've heard nothing but people moan and groan and complain about the "old" middle school coach over the past several years. We shouldn't hear a peep from anyone now. You got Coach Roder out of there, so be happy now. Everyone's wanted a new middle school coach for years, so there you go. You got what you asked for and have no one to blame but yourselves.

All I can say is that the people got what they've wanted. I've heard nothing but people moan and groan and complain about the "old" middle school coach over the past several years. We shouldn't hear a peep from anyone now. You got Coach Roder out of there, so be happy now. Everyone's wanted a new middle school coach for years, so there you go. You got what you asked for and have no one to blame but yourselves.

I hate to see that Coach Roder is no Longer Coaching. I hate that for anyone.

I have no idea who the coaches are for Hickman Co., I know last years coach left to go back home which happens.

This is where I am confused Hickman Co is what 5-1 now and lost to a very good Marshall Co by 1. Last year yall made it to the quarterfinals. Before that yall couldnt win a game. If Im right it started in 1999 yall went 0-10 and struggled to win 10 games in 6 years( Im sure thats not accurate).

Your team is 5-1 why are you complaining

hey einstein..........first of all, the Middle School coach's name is Chris Wright and if memory serves me correctly, he lead his team to 3 more wins than what they had last year (0).....doesn't sound like a joke to me.....apparently you have never heard of the Lewis County Panthers or paid attention to their success over the last several years.....the big reason for the success is that their middle school team and the high school ARE on the same page.....the middle school there has become a great feeder program which is what Coach Patterson is looking for here....not sure what your idea of "worthless" is, but a team that is 5-1 (HCHS) doesn't sound worthless to me.....get a football encyclopedia and read up on the sport.....it might help your posts make more sense next time, oh, and by the way, check out your post....that is my definition of WORTHLESS.....

I hate to see that Coach Roder is no Longer Coaching. I hate that for anyone.

I have no idea who the coaches are for Hickman Co., I know last years coach left to go back home which happens.

This is where I am confused Hickman Co is what 5-1 now and lost to a very good Marshall Co by 1. Last year yall made it to the quarterfinals. Before that yall couldnt win a game. If Im right it started in 1999 yall went 0-10 and struggled to win 10 games in 6 years( Im sure thats not accurate).

Your team is 5-1 why are you complaining

i agree with you....most fans would kill to have their team at 5-1....we could be 6-0 and run the table, then win the state and it still wouldn't be good enough for some....i suppose every team has a few "fans" like that....as far as us not "winning a game"....well, that might have had something to do with playing 3 and 4A Nashville area teams....doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out....and by the way, i think Tony Roder is a fine person....he may be one of those examples where he was simply "too nice" of a guy

I think the Middle School Coach did a good job this year. He's First year being an Head Coach, and he won 3 games with kids running a new system. It's always nice to win, and noone wants to lose, but Middle School Football is a learning tool. it helps prepare kids for High School Football. Its not always about wins and losses, its about teaching and making the kids better. That is something I think Coach Wright has definitely done with this team.