Sullivan Central @ Sullivan South

83SouthRebel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest footballfan100

is bobby taylor back at football now? has he been placed back on the team after????? if he is back on the team, then is he placed right back where he was on the depth chart or what? it will be interresting to see what happens....any input on it compusman???

Congratulations to Senior Rick Neeley on being Defensive Player of the Game against Boone. This is one of those boys that has played limited time in his previous yrs--who obviously loves football and has chosen to "stick it out" and make the sacrifice, and waited for his time to shine. He has been a fixture on special teams and is now getting his deserved shot. Ricky has always been known for his hard hitting style, although he's not a huge kid.

Rick----I'm proud of you and I know that your parents are proud and gleaming.

is bobby taylor back at football now? has he been placed back on the team after????? if he is back on the team, then is he placed right back where he was on the depth chart or what? it will be interresting to see what happens....any input on it compusman???

The story changes quite often regarding Bobeye. I should let someone else set the record straight. Mom, maybe that is your call. Rumors are running rampant.

It is interesting to note that I was told recently by a Central community Authority that their program is in turmoil once again and that nothing short of a complete house cleaning is in order. My understanding is that potential BB players are made to understand that their decision to play football will, does, and has had an effect on their standing on the roundball team. This is but one of many issues I was made aware of.

It is interesting to note that I was told recently by a Central community Authority that their program is in turmoil once again and that nothing short of a complete house cleaning is in order. My understanding is that potential BB players are made to understand that their decision to play football will, does, and has had an effect on their standing on the roundball team. This is but one of many issues I was made aware of.

I take it that you don't agree with coaches trying to limit their athletes in playing other sports. I, also, do not approve of the action. 99% (well, most of them) of high school athletes will never play on a college field or ever possess their own college uniform. High School (4 of the best years of their life) should be enjoyed playing every sport that a student can play, with grades and education coming first. Now, there may be situations where a kid is hoping to go college in one sport, i.e. baseball. His baseball coach may say to him, "I think you have a good chance of being a pitcher in college" and the kid may decide to give up football or basketball to achieve his potential, but that is his and his families choice. The coach should step out of it and make the best with what the kid decides, without undue pressure from the coaches. But in this situation, that coach probably had the best interest of the athlete in mind. In that case, the coach was just following his gut feeling and trying to help the kid.

Agree? Just a discussion, not defending any current situation at Central or anywhere else.