Riverdale vs Siegel

MVM

Now that the wee-wee contest is over on my district is tougher than yours.... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Does anyone know the time of this game yet? And do you think that Riverdale's tie with Hendersonville will affect this match-up.

I believe the game is at 7:00 on the stadium field.

I think Tuesdays game with Franklin will give a better comparison to how we should match up against Siegel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R'dale 3-1

There??™s a Riverdale fan (keeperfan). I know comparing common opponents is not the best way to size up a team (game), but their common opponents are Shelbyville Central and Hendersonville. Franklin shut out both 8-0 and 5-0. Riverdale had a hard time with Hendersonville 1-1, and beat Shelbyville 5-1. Keeperfan, did you drink the Riverdale cool-aid? How do you compare these teams? I just don't see Riverdale holding Franklin to 1 goal.

After seeing these teams play a couple of times thus far in the season, I give the advantage to Siegel over Riverdale based on coaching strategy in the defensive third and the physical advantage in the mid-field. My prediction, Siegel 2-Riverdale 1. It will be a well-played game between two teams with a lot of talent.

There??™s a Riverdale fan (keeperfan). I know comparing common opponents is not the best way to size up a team (game), but their common opponents are Shelbyville Central and Hendersonville. Franklin shut out both 8-0 and 5-0. Riverdale had a hard time with Hendersonville 1-1, and beat Shelbyville 5-1. Keeperfan, did you drink the Riverdale cool-aid? How do you compare these teams? I just don't see Riverdale holding Franklin to 1 goal.

HSSoccer, your killing me. You posed the question for predictions of the Riverdale - Franklin game and as soon as someone picks Riverdale you feel the need to bash them. If you had a clue you would know that Keeperfan is actually a Blackman supporter.

Every one of your 10 or so posts has been Siegel is the greatest and takes a shot at Riverdale. I have no problem with your support of Siegel, but your need to put down Riverdale at every chance is growing old. I'd venture to guess your probably a player for Siegel and can't stand anybody supporting your rival.

You are right that comparing common opponents may not be the best way to compare teams. Siegel lost to Brentwood Academy, who tied Tullahoma, who Riverdale beat pretty easily. Every team is going to have a down game now and then. Just ask Brentwood

Riverdale did hold then #1 team in the state to one goal and has not given up more that one goal in any game. I saw in your previous post that Baylor could have scored more but missed some chances. If you use that argument, Riverdale could have beaten Hendersonville by a large margin. Shoulda, coulda, woulda doesn't play. Baylor did score 4 against Siegel and I'm sure had plenty more chances but missed also.

See the post by BUtifulgame. Made his pick based on firsthand viewing of both teams and advantages. Didn't feel the need to attack either team, just gave his opinion. Very nice post. You could learn something.

See you on the 14th.

HSSoccer, your killing me. You posed the question for predictions of the Riverdale - Franklin game and as soon as someone picks Riverdale you feel the need to bash them. If you had a clue you would know that Keeperfan is actually a Blackman supporter.

Every one of your 10 or so posts has been Siegel is the greatest and takes a shot at Riverdale. I have no problem with your support of Siegel, but your need to put down Riverdale at every chance is growing old. I'd venture to guess your probably a player for Siegel and can't stand anybody supporting your rival.

You are right that comparing common opponents may not be the best way to compare teams. Siegel lost to Brentwood Academy, who tied Tullahoma, who Riverdale beat pretty easily. Every team is going to have a down game now and then. Just ask Brentwood

Riverdale did hold then #1 team in the state to one goal and has not given up more that one goal in any game. I saw in your previous post that Baylor could have scored more but missed some chances. If you use that argument, Riverdale could have beaten Hendersonville by a large margin. Shoulda, coulda, woulda doesn't play. Baylor did score 4 against Siegel and I'm sure had plenty more chances but missed also.

See the post by BUtifulgame. Made his pick based on firsthand viewing of both teams and advantages. Didn't feel the need to attack either team, just gave his opinion. Very nice post. You could learn something.

See you on the 14th.

Hey Mr300bowl, I posed the question to keeperfan. Yes, I know keeperfan is a Blackman supporter. I mean, after reading all of his post it doesn??™t take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. I was simply asking HIS take on the teams, since he thinks Riverdale can win by a two score margin. I have read a few of his post and he seems familiar with the local teams. I was just asking him why he thinks Riverdale has the advantage. So, yes I have a clue. I also made my pick by viewing both teams, first hand. And you??™re wrong again??¦I do hope Riverdale beats Franklin, I just don??™t think they will. After reading your post and expat??™s post on the Hendersonville game, it sounds like Hendersonville played more physical than Riverdale, and the second half went Hendersonville??™s way (according to you) And no, I??™m not a Siegel player. My post (game summary) on the Riverdale/ Baylor game is accurate. If picking a team to beat Riverdale is bashing to you, it??™s going to be a long road. Baylor did score 4 against Siegel, and nope, Baylor didn??™t miss any more chances. If you saw the game, maybe you could learn something as well. Good luck in Franklin, and hopefully everyone stays injury free.

Well, perhaps it was the result of the election year, or people were distracted with the economy, gas prices or the war abroad. But the posts have recently started to heat up and the annual rivalries are about to be played, post-season right around the corner.

May the officiating be fair, may your players stay healthy and remember, it's only a game..the WORLD's GAME!

Seriously, best of luck to all!

Well, perhaps it was the result of the election year, or people were distracted with the economy, gas prices or the war abroad. But the posts have recently started to heat up and the annual rivalries are about to be played, post-season right around the corner.

May the officiating be fair, may your players stay healthy and remember, it's only a game..the WORLD's GAME!

Dido canes...didn't mean to rattle his cage this early. I was going to wait a week or so to spice it up...kidding. Hopefully the Franklin / Riverdale game won't get rained out. It should be a good one. Good luck to all.

Best Post you've had all year long. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And the best luck to Collierville.....It killed me to type that /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="