District 7A

midtensportsfan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Clay County will come out on top in this district. They may slip up and lose one game, maybe two but not any more than that. I think Jackson will be second by the end of the season. Their coach always has them playing really well by tournament time. However anything could happen, thats why they play the games. Im excited to see how everything plays out this year in 7a. Good luck to everyone.

Clay Co. is the best team in the district for sure. But they could lose 4 games in the district this year easily. Because I think that this district will be that even by January. JC, Clarkrange, PC, RBS, they will all be ready by then, to compete with Clay Co. Listen, Clay Co. is good, best team in the district, but they aren't that good. I think the loss of Birdwell is gonna hurt more than people let on.

• 2 weeks later...

yea 7asuperfan you make a good point there. Birdwell seemed to be their leader and we'll see if anyone steps up to take his spot. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I agree that Birdwell was a great leader last season, but I look for all the seniors to step it up this year. Dale is great on the court. He plays team ball. I expect great things from him this year as well as Brown and the new kid ... Dersham? I hear he has great talent. Im looking forward to watching Clay Co. play this year. It will something to see!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If Clay co. don't win this district hands down they under achieve with all the experience they bring in and the talent they have they should not have a close game ,but saying that I've seen them loose to lesser talented teams in pass few years , but the rest of dictrict being down this year and so young they should be and I think are by far best team in region.

If Clay co. don't win this district hands down they under achieve with all the experience they bring in and the talent they have they should not have a close game ,but saying that I've seen them loose to lesser talented teams in pass few years , but the rest of dictrict being down this year and so young they should be and I think are by far best team in region.

With all due respect senator.... I think Clay is the team to beat in the district, but by seasons end, like you sort of implied in your post, I believe they will lose atleast one maybe two games in the district. That being said, I believe 8A has a good chance to take the region this year. Gordonsville and FCS should both be strong, and it would not suprise me to see either one of those teams beat Clay County!

I agree that Birdwell was a great leader last season, but I look for all the seniors to step it up this year. Dale is great on the court. He plays team ball. I expect great things from him this year as well as Brown and the new kid ... Dersham? I hear he has great talent. Im looking forward to watching Clay Co. play this year. It will something to see!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have a prediction for ya'll. I predict Clay wins regular season but JC wins the District Tourney. I seen them practicn the other day and they are ALOT bigger than they were last year!!! They got one kid mason hensley that is 6'7 or 6'8 he is huge! JRob dominated last year in the substate game he is 6'3 the two big sophs are Godwin who is like 6'2 or bigger now that kid has grown! and DMac is as big as JDawg at 6'2 and these two can ball with anyone. We got another senior at 6'4 a fresham at 6'4 another junior at 6'3 and a sophomore and freshman that are both lights out fast that can run the point so i think it will be tough to match up with this team at the end of the year and forget about the next 4 years after this year.

Well just because they are tall doesn't mean anything. Teamwork and being able to play together is the thing that wins games not just how tall or big you are. Sure it helps but it isn't everything. For example look at Westmoreland from last year, they made it to the region championship and i bet they didn't have a player over 6'1". This is just my opinion, i still think Jackson Co still has a good chance to compete with Clay this year, it should be very interesting, it always is!

Well, we've got about 3 weeks til season starts? Its gonna be fun to watch. I think as it stands right now, Its Clay Co. in a league of their own, then everyone else is very close to each other. But you wait, by season's end, one or two of these other teams will have closed the gap somewhat. Clay Co. should win this district easy, they shouldn't lose a game, because they are much older than all the other district teams, but I will go out and say they lose one game, at least, in district this year. It is very hard to go undefeated in district play, Jackson Co. did it two years ago, that team was better than this Clay Co. team is, and that team had some luck to help them as well. Last years Pickett Co. team was better than this Clay Co. team, and they couldn't go undefeated, its tough. Not very many teams have done it in the last ten years.

If Clay Co doesn't win it this year they may not for the next couple of years because I know RBS and JC both have extremely good talent coming up and I know for RBS that come next year or so they are going to be really tough!

RBS has one class and thats the soph class. Their freshman class aint no good at all and their 8th graders looked awful against JC's 8th grade the other night so i don't think RBS will challenge JC except maybe at home. They have a very good sophomore class but after their starting 5 they aint got no depth dude.