NEW CLASSIFICATION #s

riverrat

That would be quite a football district, even when split for the playoffs.

I counted 338 in Division I with the latest teams going Division II and put 113 in A, 113 in AA and 112 in AAA. That would make the top of A like this, according to how I figured it (and again, definitely not official).

Ezell-Harding Christian School 262=472

Forrest High School 478

Adamsville High School 479

Cosby High School 483

Marion Co. High School 494

Cascade High School 498

Boyd Buchanan High School 278=500

Westwood High School 501

Jackson Co. High School 511

Douglass High School 513

According to the Tennessean, Ezell announced today that it will be moving to D-II.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The districts are supposed to be the same whether the schools have football or not. That will keep rivalries for nearby schools and help travel, that's the plan at least.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> since the other sports already use a similar system, the old rivalries are pretty much preserved in the proposed A system. The fact is, there are far more basketball teams than football teams. There are schools close to the size of South Pittsburg that have never had football teams, for example Sale Creek and Washburn.

Anyone from Trinity reading this????????? With the multiplier it won't take that many students for you to get moved up.

With Fayette Academy jumping today, I wonder if they will reconsider.

Trinity is staying in DI unless something earthshaking happens that forces some late-breaking change of plans.

I found it interesting that Manassas, that plays in 8A, has 615 students! They are basically a 3A school, under current classifications, but playing in 1A. I know the 20% growth at 2 years classification change but they had a 72% increase! The TSSAA should have another provision for classification changes when a school has a phenomenal growth like that.

Anyone know what Mt. Juliet Christian went D2 last night.

Buc:

According to this morning's Tennessean, " Mt. Juliet Christian officials decided Thursday night to move to Division II."

Does that help your cause. Based on the way you have been crunching the numbers, I would think it does.

Just curious, but a lot of the Middle and West Tennessee privates are moving to D-II. From the posts on this board, I don't see that kind of movement down in your neck of the woods. Have you got an opinion on why that is?

Not Buc, but unless several Chattanooga teams decided to go there would be no area teams to play against except McCallie, Baylor and GPS in Division II-large.

With the latest going Division II including Riverside Christian I have it with 335 in Division I-112, 112 and 111 in the classes before any school moves up on its own. That would put the A/AA cutoff at Riverside High School, 517, being the largest in A, and Chattanooga Central, 1065, being the large in AA. I've read they tend to put the higher numbers in the smaller classes when it's not an equal split, the reason for 112, 112 and 111.

Not Buc, but unless several Chattanooga teams decided to go there would be no area teams to play against except McCallie, Baylor and GPS in Division II-large.

With the latest going Division II including Riverside Christian I have it with 335 in Division I-112, 112 and 111 in the classes before any school moves up on its own. That would put the A/AA cutoff at Riverside High School, 517, being the largest in A, and Chattanooga Central, 1065, being the large in AA. I've read they tend to put the higher numbers in the smaller classes when it's not an equal split, the reason for 112, 112 and 111.

My numbers match yours pretty well Indian. And you are right...the Middle and West Tennessee privates have gone DII in much greater numbers than East. As far as I can tell there are 0 DII small privates in the 'nooga and maybe 1 or 2 in Knoxville.

My numbers match yours pretty well Indian. And you are right...the Middle and West Tennessee privates have gone DII in much greater numbers than East. As far as I can tell there are 0 DII small privates in the 'nooga and maybe 1 or 2 in Knoxville.

In Knoxville just Webb and King's Academy. Catholic, Grace and CAK are staying D-I